October 15, 2008
Muslim convert admits guilt for Exeter bomb
by David Masters
A British man who converted to Islam has pleaded guilty to attempting a suicide bomb attack in an Exeter restaurant.
Twenty-two year old Nick Reilly, who changed his name to Mohammed Saeed-Alim after his conversion, admitted his role in the planned attack via video link at the London Central Criminal Court.
Reilly pleaded guilty to charges of attempted murder and engaging in conduct preparing for acts of terrorism.
One of the bombs Reilly planned to use in the attack exploded as he attempted to assemble it in the restaurant toilet.
Reilly was the only person injured by the bomb, made out of caustic soda, paraffin, and aluminium foil.
Police have said that Reilly has a history of mental illness, making him vulnerable to radicalisation by extremists.
Discuss this in the Interfaith forums
Story link: Muslim convert admits guilt for Exeter bomb
Previous: « ‘Islam is the light’ says toy doll
Next: ‘Human greed’ blamed for financial crisis »
Visited 1659 times, 1 so far today