Translation, Versification and Notes
by Dr. Ken Johnson
1. Brethren, we that are under the power of the Lord ought to keep the commandment of God.
2. They that keep the Lord’s precepts have eternal life, and they that deny his commandments bring ruin on themselves and eventually the second death.
3. Now the precept of the Lord is this: You shall not swear falsely, you shall not steal, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not bear false witness, and you shall not take gifts against the truth, neither for power. Rom. 13:8
4. Whoever has power and denies the truth, shall be denied the kingdom of God and be trodden down into hell, from where he will never return.
5. How are we? Frail and deceitful, workers of sin! We do not repent daily but daily do we commit sin upon sin. Rom. 7:18-20
6. You should know this, dearly beloved brethren, that our works are written in this book: “it shall be for a memorial against us in the day of judgement.”
7. There shall be neither witnesses nor companions, neither shall judgment be given by gifts;
8. for there is nothing better than faith, truth, chastity, fasting, and almsgiving which puts out 1 all sins. 1 Pet. 4:1
9. And what you do not want done to yourself, do not to another. Mat. 7:12
10. Agree you for the kingdom of God and you shall receive the crown which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.