Interafaith: Comparative religion: world religions

Go Back   Interfaith forums > Secularism > Politics and Society

Politics and Society Current affairs, political and social theory

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

niranjan is on a distinguished road
British atrocities in Australia

Australia , which belonged to the native australian aborginals , was colonised by the Britishers , who slaughtered the aborginals indulging in mass murder and rapine.

Anthropologist Walter Roth asserted in 'The Bulletin' in 1880 about the situation in Queensland thus:
The blacks have been murdered by thousands ... there is ... wholesale massacre of human beings; a relentless violation of women. [I have] seen the brain of an infant dashed out against a tree after another had been murdered. This is not fiction but the statement of one who, not three years ago, saw in Queensland scrub the sunburned corpses of men and women and children who had been murdered by officers of 'justice' and left for the crows.

Much of the aborginals were exterminated by the British and driven from their lands.At the time of first European contact, it is estimated that a minimum of 315,000 and as many as 1 million people lived in Australia.
By the early 20th century the indigenous population had declined to between 50,000 and 90,000.

Even now the aborginals are poverty stricken, uneducated, and most of them are in prison, with very low life expectancy compared to the whites.

Aborginal music is world famous, and the Indian enlightened master Sri Sri Ravi Shankar , during a visit to Australia was deeply touched to the heart by their music.

Aborginal art and paintings are also thousands of years old and famous too.

Humiliated and oppressed in their own land, it is time the world pay attention to this noble people , before they too become extinct and relegated to the waste basket of history.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: British atrocities in Australia

On the aborginals of Australia.

Indigenous Australians - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 05-18-2007, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Interfaith Forums

Tao_Equus is a jewel in the roughTao_Equus is a jewel in the roughTao_Equus is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Tao_Equus

There are many historical and contemporary wrongs in regard to the aboriginal peoples of Australia. But I feel strongly that is a side issue and not your real point for posting this thread at all.

First tho I shall deal with the inaccuracies of your post.
Quote:
Much of the aborginals were exterminated by the British and driven from their lands.At the time of first European contact, it is estimated that a minimum of 315,000 and as many as 1 million people lived in Australia.
By the early 20th century the indigenous population had declined to between 50,000 and 90,000.

Even now the aborginals are poverty stricken, uneducated, and most of them are in prison, with very low life expectancy compared to the whites.
The current Aboriginal population is almost 500,000. Well above the minimum you state for when whites first arrived. It is true that in education and life expectancy they fall well short of the norms amongst whites and asians but in both regards year on year improvements are being made. "Most" of them are not in prison, infact around 4,500 are currently in jail representing about 1% of the population. It is true that This is still 5x the rate amongst whites/asians and this is indeed a wrong that should be addressed. Not all non-aboriginal Australians are of British descent. There are sizeable populations of Greek and Asian, (esp Japanese), peoples there too.

But this is not the point of this thread. Clearly you wish to have a go at what you call 'britishers'. Those Australians that are of British descent are in many cases the descendents of poor people from across the United Kingdoms who were petty criminals or, to achieve migration quotas, innocents falsely accused of crime. They were forcibly shipped to Australia as part of the colonial machine. An elite of middle/upper class did not only subjugate the Aboriginies but their own lower classes too.

As evidenced elsewhere in your posts Niranjan you only care about your own narrow agenda. You are comfortable with using racist sloganeering to promote your bigotry. You, I firmly believe, care not one hoot about the Aboriginal peoples. You wish only to goad and provoke, not discuss and learn. You are you'r own worst enemy. One day you will realise it.

TE

EDIT: I take it in the hour and a half between your 2 posts above you actually bothered to read something about the Aboriginies.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Peace, Love and Unity

I, Brian has a spectacular aura aboutI, Brian has a spectacular aura aboutI, Brian has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan View Post
Isn't this an issue relating to the 21st Australian government, rather than a 19th century British government?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

Location: Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the dirt? :)
17th Angel is a jewel in the rough17th Angel is a jewel in the rough17th Angel is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Australia , which belonged to the native australian aborginals , was colonised by the Britishers , who slaughtered the aborginals indulging in mass murder and rapine.

Anthropologist Walter Roth asserted in 'The Bulletin' in 1880 about the situation in Queensland thus:
The blacks have been murdered by thousands ... there is ... wholesale massacre of human beings; a relentless violation of women. [I have] seen the brain of an infant dashed out against a tree after another had been murdered. This is not fiction but the statement of one who, not three years ago, saw in Queensland scrub the sunburned corpses of men and women and children who had been murdered by officers of 'justice' and left for the crows.
And whatever country you come from has never done wrong? What kind of responses are you looking for here? Or are you just trying to make people aware of your post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I, Brian View Post
Isn't this an issue relating to the 21st Australian government, rather than a 19th century British government?
EX-freaking-actly...... That is what I was going to get at lol....
Old 05-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Equus View Post
There are many historical and contemporary wrongs in regard to the aboriginal peoples of Australia. But I feel strongly that is a side issue and not your real point for posting this thread at all.
I guess it is very convenient for you to state that , but for your information, I have put posts on this topic on other forums before I came to this forum, my british pal.

Quote:
First tho I shall deal with the inaccuracies of your post.

The current Aboriginal population is almost 500,000. Well above the minimum you state for when whites first arrived. .
Well, this is what the wikipedia states, not me.

Quote:

It is true that in education and life expectancy they fall well short of the norms amongst whites and asians but in both regards year on year improvements are being made.
Yeah, after they have almost been exterminated. Perhaps the whites decided to show some 'christian charity' for a change. After all australia has been very good to them, and has made them stinking rich, with all the land and natural resources, which they conveniently stole from the aborginals.

Quote:

"Most" of them are not in prison, infact around 4,500 are currently in jail representing about 1% of the population. It is true that This is still 5x the rate amongst whites/asians and this is indeed a wrong that should be addressed. Not all non-aboriginal Australians are of British descent. There are sizeable populations of Greek and Asian, (esp Japanese), peoples there too.
Most of them are indeed in prison, and this is there in the wikipedia, and I have read about this in many articles in magazines and newspapers.

Also there are Indians too in Australia, but the truth is the original owners in Australia are cruelly persecuted and humiliated, in spite of having their own culture, religion and heritage.

Quote:
But this is not the point of this thread. Clearly you wish to have a go at what you call 'britishers'.
As Gandhi said, we have nothing against the Britishers , only against british imperialism and colonialism.

And we owe it to our ancestors, the victims of british imperialism in India, our martyrs who fought against the british imperialism in India, and the victims of British imperialism in all the continents, to destroy British imperialism.

Quote:

Those Australians that are of British descent are in many cases the descendents of poor people from across the United Kingdoms who were petty criminals or, to achieve migration quotas, innocents falsely accused of crime. They were forcibly shipped to Australia as part of the colonial machine. An elite of middle/upper class did not only subjugate the Aboriginies but their own lower classes too.
We know about what the Britishers have done to their own people. But that doesn't change what the British have done to the aborginals one bit. Australia is not a republic, but are subjects of the British queen.

Quote:
As evidenced elsewhere in your posts Niranjan you only care about your own narrow agenda.
I think I care about justice. And you have to understand that I am a descendant of Krishna, Buddha,Vivekananda and Gandhi, with heroes like Martin Luther King and Thomas Paine, so I will indeed will be fighting against injustice.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
---Martin Luther King.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Interfaith Forums

Tao_Equus is a jewel in the roughTao_Equus is a jewel in the roughTao_Equus is a jewel in the rough

Who is this "we" you keep talking about? Are you a comittee or group rather than an individual?
Old 05-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

Location: Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the dirt? :)
17th Angel is a jewel in the rough17th Angel is a jewel in the rough17th Angel is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Talking of the Queen so much has put him into Royal English language...

And one certianly isn't amused...
Old 05-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Who is this "we" you keep talking about? Are you a comittee or group rather than an individual?
Well, you can see me as a descendant of the people who were persecuted by the britishers in India, till we thrashed them out.

And there are indeed many people all over the world who are protesting and fighting against British imperialism. Consider me as one among them.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
awkward squadnik

bananabrain is a jewel in the roughbananabrain is a jewel in the roughbananabrain is a jewel in the roughbananabrain is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Angel
And whatever country you come from has never done wrong? What kind of responses are you looking for here?
i suspect the response niranjan is looking for is:

"india has never done wrong!""
"india is different!"
"india is, quite frankly, fecking FANDABIDOZIE!!!
"and anyone who says otherwise must be a muslim in disguise!"

hurrah for india!

b'shalom

bananabrain
Old 05-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabrain View Post
i suspect the response niranjan is looking for is:

"india has never done wrong!""
"india is different!"
"india is, quite frankly, fecking FANDABIDOZIE!!!
"and anyone who says otherwise must be a muslim in disguise!"

hurrah for india!

b'shalom

bananabrain
Well, well, well, look whos back. Even though through my arguments I made you cough up appreciation for what India has done for the jews , you conveniently closed the thread, dodging all my questions.

And indeed you should be grateful to me BANANABRAIN, for making you aware of the racism in Israel , which you were blissfully ignorant of till I brought it under your nose.

Hurrah for Israel,

Shalom.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Interfaith Forums

Quote:
Well, you can see me as a descendant of the people who were persecuted by the britishers in India, till we thrashed them out.

And there are indeed many people all over the world who are protesting and fighting against British imperialism. Consider me as one among them.
Ok so you presume to speak for an illustrious list of historical figures. How arrogant.

Some Autistic savaunts can memorise all the numbers in a telephone book in a few hours. But they are still socially inept and incapable of tying their own shoes. So you memorise, or less impressively, cut and paste all your historical dogma's and come here to insult and belittle everybody who doesnt put you on some pedestal. So what Niranjan. You are transparent. Maybe you need to do some yoga or something.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Peace, Love and Unity

I, Brian has a spectacular aura aboutI, Brian has a spectacular aura aboutI, Brian has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Did Gandi "thrash" anyone?

Quote:
Especially Hindu nationalists, who seek to attack a 19th century enemy, because it's a lot easier to target that deal with India's own modern day problems.

Quote:
Well, well, well, look whos back. Even though through my arguments I made you cough up appreciation for what India has done for the jews , you conveniently closed the thread, dodging all my questions.
You haven't answered a question straight, niranjan. I've tried to make room for you, but all you've made it clear is that you're here to bang the drum of Indian nationalism, and tell everyone else how blameless you are and how awful everyone else is.

Quote:
And indeed you should be grateful to me BANANABRAIN, for making you aware of the racism in Israel , which you were blissfully ignorant of till I brought it under your nose.

Hurrah for Israel,

Shalom.
Hurray for Hindu tolerance:
BBC NEWS | World | South Asia | Bomb hits historic India mosque
Old 05-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok so you presume to speak for an illustrious list of historical figures. How arrogant..
Well, well,well, so if I speak on behalf of some illustrious figures ,who have battled British imperialism and died doing it,and if I am speaking on behalf of my own convictions as well, which I have every right to , I am perceived arrogant.

Even Gandhi was perceived as arrogant by Winston Churchill, for protesting against British imperialism, if you care to check.

Quote:
Some Autistic savaunts can memorise all the numbers in a telephone book in a few hours. But they are still socially inept and incapable of tying their own shoes. ..
So are you saying that they don't count as human beings. You indeed are "very spiritual" , as you claimed in a previous post.

Quote:
So you memorise, or less impressively, cut and paste all your historical dogma's and come here to insult and belittle everybody who doesnt put you on some pedestal.
So historical facts become dogma to you. Very convenient I must say.

And as for the pedestal, I knew I was going to be attacked for this by all patriotic brits, who want to overlook what their country has done. So I can say that I did this not for any pedestal, which was never in my mind, but for pointing out the truth , which I have done in other forums as well.

Quote:
So what Niranjan. You are transparent. Maybe you need to do some yoga or something.
I already do yoga.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Did Gandi "thrash" anyone?
Well, gandhi was a bit like Buddha, very loving and nonviolent, and fought against British imperialism peacefully.

Bose, on the other hand, was a bit like Krishna, very tough and warlike, and fought against British imperialism with force.

Quote:
Especially Hindu nationalists, who seek to attack a 19th century enemy, because it's a lot easier to target that deal with India's own modern day problems.
Well, I am not a hindu nationalist in this dimension, just a humanist, and protester against injustice. And get your facts straight, the british were thrashed out of India in the 20 th century.

Quote:
You haven't answered a question straight, niranjan. I've tried to make room for you, but all you've made it clear is that you're here to bang the drum of Indian nationalism, and tell everyone else how blameless you are and how awful everyone else is. .
Indian nationalism was curbed and stifled by the British Macaulays education all right.

But even then, what does Indian nationalism has to do with me protesting against British atrocities in Australia.

Quote:
And where is 'hindu tolerance' involved in this. There is no mention of any hindu fundamentalism in this link. In case you don't know, sunni-shia violence exists in India as well. And we condemn that violence as well .

And also wish to repeat again that it is the hindu nationalist party, BJP , while in power, which elected A.P.J.Abdul Kalam as president and FIRST CITIZEN of India, and they are backing him for a second term as well.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: