Interafaith: Comparative religion: world religions

Go Back   Interfaith forums > Religion, Faith, and Theology > Eastern Religions and Philosophies > Hinduism

Hinduism Discussions and questions about Hinduism and general Hindu beliefs

Old 07-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #31 (permalink)

phlaem is on a distinguished road
Re: CONCEPT OF GOD IN Islam and Hinduism

Is GOD just a concept, IN these religions?
phlaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
Vision To Spread Islam

islamis4u is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to islamis4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao_Equus View Post
Of course he does not...are you stupid? He says they offer guidance...not law.... can you get your head round that?
I don't know what to say to your behavior but for your kind comment or post he or she said that it is not final authority then it triggers a question in ones mind that what he meant like is it wrong then or their is doubt like Quran we say it is final authority whatever is in it we believe in Quran with no arguments..

at the same time it was question rather then some answer....
islamis4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #33 (permalink)

shankar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by islamis4u View Post

The most popular amongst the Aryan religion is Hinduism
1.Common concept of God in Hinduism:
If you ask a common Hindu that how many Gods he believe in, some may say three some may say thirty three, some may say a thousand while some may say thirty three crore i.e. 330 millions. But if you ask this question to a Hindu learned man who is well Versed with the Hindu scriptures, he will reply that the Hindu should actually believe and worship only one God.
2.Difference between Islam and Hinduism is ‘s’
(Everything is ‘God’s’ - everything is ‘God’):
The major difference between the Hindu and the Muslim is that the common Hindu believes in philosophy of Pantheism i.e. everything is God, the tree is God, the sun is God, the moon is God, the snake is God, the monkey is God, the human being is God.
The Muslims believe that everything is God’s. God with and apostrophe ‘s’. Everything belongs to God, the tree belongs to God, the sun belongs to God, the moon belongs to God, monkey belongs to God, the human being belongs to God.
Thus the major difference between the Hindus and the Muslims is the apostrophe ‘s’. The Hindu says everything is God. The Muslim says everything is God’s, God with an apostrophe ‘s’. If we can solve the difference of the apostrophe ‘s’, the Hindus and the Muslims will be united.
The Holy Qur’an says, “Come to common terms as between us and you”, which is the first term? “That we worship none but Allah”, so lets come to common terms by analyzing the scripture of the Hindus and the Muslim.
3.Bhagwad Geeta 7:20
The most popular amongst all the Hindu scriptures is the Bhagwad Geeta. Bhagwad Geeta mentions in Chapter 7, Verse 20, “Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires worship demigods” that is “Those who are materialistic, they worship demigods” i.e. besides the true God.
4.Upanishad
Upanishad are also one of the sacred scriptures of the Hindus.
(i) Chandogya Upanishad, Chapter 6, Section 2, Verse 1
It is mentioned in the Chandogya Upanishad, Prapathaka(Chapter) 6, Khanda(Section)2, Shloka(Verse) “Ekam evaditiyam”, “He is one only without a second”.
The principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan, page 447 and 448(sacred books of the east Volume 1 the Upanishads, part I, page 93)
a)(ii) Similar to what is mentioned in the Holy Qur’an in Surah Ikhlas, Chapter 112, Verse 1, “Say he is Allah one and only”.
b) (i) Svetasvatara Upanishad, Chapter 6, Verse 9
It is mentioned in the Svetasvatara Upanishad, Adhyaya(Chapter) 6, Shloka(Verse) 9, “Na casya kascij janita na cadhipah” “Of him there is neither parents nor lord”.
na tasya kascit patir asti loke, na cesita naiva ca tasya lingam, na karanam karanadhipadhipo na casya kascij janita na cadhipah”.
“Of him there is no master in the world, no ruler, nor is there any mark of him. He is the cause, the lord of the lords of the sense organs; of him there is neither progenitor nor lord”.
(The principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan page 745 and in sacred books of the east Volume 15, the Upanishads, part II, page 263)
(ii) Similar message is given in Holy Qur’an in Surah Ikhlas, Chapter 112, Verse 3,
“He begets not, nor is he begotten”.
(i) In Svetasvatara Upanishad, Chapter 4, Verse 19
It is mentioned in Svetasvatara Upanishad, Adhyaya(Chapter) 4, Shloka(Verse) 19,
Hey, pls dont utter rubbish, you are making use of Hindu scripture in a wrong way to fool ignorant peoples. For spiritual purpose for Hindus have only one God. All other are dieties, like god for wealth, god for health, god for prosper etc, they have nothing to do with spirituality, infact they are related to material needs. Ganapati, Saraswati, etc are such gods, all know for what reasons they are worshipped.

And pls dont compare the impersonal god in Hinduism with that of allah in Islam. The impersonal aspect of god in hinduism is formless, nameless etc, but what about allah in Islam? how the formless god have name? who pronounced the word allah without having tongue?

And also history of Hinduism goes pasts more than 10000 years, it is Hindus who found the formless aspect of god first, Islam religion is found only nearly some 1500 years back i think.
shankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #34 (permalink)
And anything is possible

I am free is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Then you say that your holy books are wrong?
Hello islamis4u,

I will not be able to tell you if the concept of God defined in the Vedas are right or wrong, because I have not "attained" God myself - meaning I have not "seen" God. Until I do, I have to take the existence of God on my faith alone.

Hindus do not have to believe whatever is written in the holy books as infallible truth. The books, seers and gurus can guide us, and yet each one of us has to "find out" the truth for ourselves to attain "moksha".
I am free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
And anything is possible

I am free is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't know what to say to your behavior but for your kind comment or post he or she said that it is not final authority then it triggers a question in ones mind that what he meant like is it wrong then or their is doubt like Quran we say it is final authority whatever is in it we believe in Quran with no arguments..

at the same time it was question rather then some answer....
God has given every person infinite ability to think and to feel. If there is a thought in our holy scriptures that does not sit right with us we are not "forced" to accept it. We are allowed to question and even challenge the scriptures. Ultimately, we need to understand God through our own feelings, thoughts and experiences.
I am free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #36 (permalink)

Mike Maybury is on a distinguished road

When I came across Hinduism through Yoga and other practice and reading, I was lucky enough to learn about Brahman (The Absolute) and Atman (which some Christians might interpret as 'soul'). Vedanta seemed to be a very comprehensive philosophy. However no 'teachings' or holy book claim to have been written by Brahman.
However Allah (God) appears to be very different. The claim is, I believe that The Koran is written/inspired, and is regarded by believers as absolutely indisputable truth. This is totally different from Hindu ideas.
Later I learnt that the typical person to whom the name Hindu is applied had all sorts of beliefs relating to caste and religious worship. In essence, what appear to be idols or gods are supposed to represent Brahma, at a more meaningful level for most people. I'm not particularly intelligent, but Brahman is enough for me. I need no temples, or shrines in my home, yet I can meditate on most occasions if I wish!
In fact Muslims and Hindus do seem to have routines and times for prayer, which are ordered, depending on the sect or group to which they belong. Someone seems to be exerting control, or earning money perhaps?
Mike Maybury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
Executive Member

bhaktajan will become famous soon enough

God per orthodox Hindu Scripture says that Brahman is originally the absolute Truth Incarnate, namely, THE SUPREME PERSONALITY OF GODHEAD.

Furthermore, orthodox Hindu Scripture says that Brahman is a person [aka GOD] who is transcendent to Time & Material Matter; living an independent life allof from the trappings of souls miss-using their Free-will to conquer all they survey while alive in each birth after birth since time immemorial until escape from such a cycle of repeated 'chewing-the-Chewed-karma' mode of living arrives at the "Absolute Truth"

Aside from the reality of an Absolute Personality of Godhead as revealed in the Vedic Liteeratures of Ancient India ---there is subjective experiences, that incidently, are the same for all consumers.

One Absolute size fits all sentient beings pre-occupations.
bhaktajan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: