Interafaith: Comparative religion: world religions

Go Back   Interfaith forums > Religion, Faith, and Theology > Abrahamic Religions

Abrahamic Religions Neutral discussion area for topics that cross-over between Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Executive Member
 
donnann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,011
donnann is on a distinguished road
Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

I do not hold the belief that everything dark is bad. I believe that black light is also holy. I also believe there are spirit elements that black light consists of. I am trying to address this topic on a religious and scientific level.
donnann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Executive Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 635
Abdullah is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

there is nothing wrong or evil about 'dark matter' in islam, however there is with 'dark' practices, i.e evil practices!

at night we have 'darkness' but that too is Gods creation and it is there to cater to our needs

as for the 'dark matter' in space, that too is Gods creation and there is nothing inherently wrong or evil about it; if it is a destructive matter, then it is a 'soldier/servant' of Allah that is under Gods total command and power and will only 'destroy' whatever God commands it to
Abdullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Executive Member
 
donnann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,011
donnann is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
there is nothing wrong or evil about 'dark matter' in islam, however there is with 'dark' practices, i.e evil practices!

at night we have 'darkness' but that too is Gods creation and it is there to cater to our needs

as for the 'dark matter' in space, that too is Gods creation and there is nothing inherently wrong or evil about it; if it is a destructive matter, then it is a 'soldier/servant' of Allah that is under Gods total command and power and will only 'destroy' whatever God commands it to
I agree with you on the point of dark practices but also white light can also be evil as well. I feel that black has been labeled or looked at as bad and white as good when either can be good or bad
donnann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Quaker-in-the-Making
 
radarmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yellow Springs Ohio USA
Posts: 3,212
radarmark has a spectacular aura aboutradarmark has a spectacular aura aboutradarmark has a spectacular aura about
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

"Dark Matter" and "Dark Energy" are hypotheses (you got it, guesses) required to make Einstein's equations "fit" what is believed to be the physical cosmology of reality.
radarmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
A friend
 
arthra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sunny Southern California
Posts: 3,073
arthra will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to arthra
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnann View Post
I do not hold the belief that everything dark is bad. I believe that black light is also holy. I also believe there are spirit elements that black light consists of. I am trying to address this topic on a religious and scientific level.
My opinions:

The concept of "dark matter" is relatively new.. I don't think it is addressed in the Baha'i Writings.

That there would be "spirit elements that black light consists of" would have no place in the Baha'i view.

What is addressed is the issue of light and shadow (darkness) symbolically:

"For just as the night, when it becomes excessively dark, precedes the dawn of a new day, so likewise when the darkness of religious apathy and heedlessness overtakes the world, when human souls become negligent of God, when materialistic ideas overshadow spirituality, when nations become submerged in the world of matter and forget God -- at such a time as this shall the divine Sun shine forth and the radiant morn appear."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 221

"Unless the mirror reflects the sunlight, it is only dark, inanimate matter. Likewise, the hearts and spirits of mankind, when deprived and without their portion of the bounties of the Holy Spirit, linger in the abyss of darkness and ignorance."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 313

"The commanders of armies glory in having killed ten thousand men, not for food, nay, rather, for military control, territorial greed, fame and possession of the dust of the earth. They kill for national aggrandizement, notwithstanding this terrestrial globe is but a dark world of grossest matter. It is a world of sorrow and grief, a world of disappointment and unhappiness, a world of death. For after all, the earth is but the everlasting graveyard, the vast, universal cemetery of all mankind."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 396

As to atoms in terms of the structure of the universe however there are I think some interesting passages:

"Such is their virtue that not a single atom in the entire universe can be found which doth not declare the evidences of His might, which doth not glorify His holy Name, or is not expressive of the effulgent light of His unity."

~ Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 62

"Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth is a direct evidence of the revelation within it of the attributes and names of God, inasmuch as within every atom are enshrined the signs that bear eloquent testimony to the revelation of that Most Great Light. Methinks, but for the potency of that revelation, no being could ever exist. How resplendent the luminaries of knowledge that shine in an atom, and how vast the oceans of wisdom that surge within a drop!"

~ Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 177
arthra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Quaker-in-the-Making
 
radarmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yellow Springs Ohio USA
Posts: 3,212
radarmark has a spectacular aura aboutradarmark has a spectacular aura aboutradarmark has a spectacular aura about
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

Yep, Oort and Zwicky first posulated it in the early 1930s. It (and its more recent cousin Dark Energy, only dating from 1992 and Paal) is the foundation of the Einsteinian cosmologists' push back on the Milgron and Quantum and Stringy alternatives. (see MOND or Quantum Loop or brane or holographic cosmologies in Wiki).
radarmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
kenshin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: far away from there :)
Posts: 34
kenshin is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

peace be upon you
As mark mentioned, dark matter is not a certain matter yet. it's just a way to run away from some results which they can't understand or find any other explanation for.

but to speak about evil, even Satan himself is a creature of God. there is no room out of God's power. The main point of evilness is to consider yourself as an independent being beside God.
All efforts of Satan is to conceive us to believe in ourselves not God. What Satan wants is to makes us believe that we are separated from God. If we wish, will and act as God wants then we will be the representative of God on the earth and all world. We then can even create and I know those who can do it right now. But Satan tries to make us and courage us to have different wills and wishes than God's.
God is the river of life and we are nothing than it's waves. if we move as the river does, We will be the river. if we try to be something else, then we would be nothing ! it's all about the evil.


even the existence of Satan is sacred but not his actions and wishes. we are mirrors of God but we want to be ourselves not God ! that's the deceiving point.
We can be a representative and dependent God but not an independent one ! be a dependent God of earth or be nothing !
Be nothing = be in the hell and hell is nothing but a wave which doesn't want to be in the current of the river
kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Executive Member
 
donnann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,011
donnann is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthra View Post
My opinions:

The concept of "dark matter" is relatively new.. I don't think it is addressed in the Baha'i Writings.

That there would be "spirit elements that black light consists of" would have no place in the Baha'i view.

What is addressed is the issue of light and shadow (darkness) symbolically:

"For just as the night, when it becomes excessively dark, precedes the dawn of a new day, so likewise when the darkness of religious apathy and heedlessness overtakes the world, when human souls become negligent of God, when materialistic ideas overshadow spirituality, when nations become submerged in the world of matter and forget God -- at such a time as this shall the divine Sun shine forth and the radiant morn appear."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 221

"Unless the mirror reflects the sunlight, it is only dark, inanimate matter. Likewise, the hearts and spirits of mankind, when deprived and without their portion of the bounties of the Holy Spirit, linger in the abyss of darkness and ignorance."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 313

"The commanders of armies glory in having killed ten thousand men, not for food, nay, rather, for military control, territorial greed, fame and possession of the dust of the earth. They kill for national aggrandizement, notwithstanding this terrestrial globe is but a dark world of grossest matter. It is a world of sorrow and grief, a world of disappointment and unhappiness, a world of death. For after all, the earth is but the everlasting graveyard, the vast, universal cemetery of all mankind."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 396

As to atoms in terms of the structure of the universe however there are I think some interesting passages:

"Such is their virtue that not a single atom in the entire universe can be found which doth not declare the evidences of His might, which doth not glorify His holy Name, or is not expressive of the effulgent light of His unity."

~ Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 62

"Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth is a direct evidence of the revelation within it of the attributes and names of God, inasmuch as within every atom are enshrined the signs that bear eloquent testimony to the revelation of that Most Great Light. Methinks, but for the potency of that revelation, no being could ever exist. How resplendent the luminaries of knowledge that shine in an atom, and how vast the oceans of wisdom that surge within a drop!"

~ Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 177
I believe that dark matter of black light also has a golden glow to it. That its a light in itself but that it lacks light sometimes due to the imbalance but the planet venus being a kind of golden looking planet in the night sky is the key to unlocking this golden light.
donnann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Why do cows say mu?
 
seattlegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pacific Ring of Fire
Posts: 6,478
seattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

Welcome back, donnann!
seattlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
IAMTHATIAMNOT
 
Etu Malku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,416
Etu Malku has a spectacular aura aboutEtu Malku has a spectacular aura about
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin View Post
peace be upon you
As mark mentioned, dark matter is not a certain matter yet. it's just a way to run away from some results which they can't understand or find any other explanation for.

but to speak about evil, even Satan himself is a creature of God.
Nah . . . both god and satan are . . "just a way to run away from some results which they can't understand or find any other explanation for."

Quote:
there is no room out of God's power. The main point of evilness is to consider yourself as an independent being beside God.
How does that equate to being Evil?

Quote:
All efforts of Satan is to conceive us to believe in ourselves not God. What Satan wants is to makes us believe that we are separated from God.
Yeah, believing in our Self is a bad thing . . but believing in an imaginary being is healthy!

Quote:
If we wish, will and act as God wants then we will be the representative of God on the earth and all world.
If I recall correctly in Abrahamic texts, Satan is given domain over the earth and nature.

Quote:
We then can even create and I know those who can do it right now. But Satan tries to make us and courage us to have different wills and wishes than God's.
Satan wants you to 'think' for yourself and be responsible for your own actions, not use a scapegoat of Mendes to blame everything that's wrong in your life and a god to praise everything good.
Etu Malku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Executive Member
 
donnann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,011
donnann is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarmark View Post
"Dark Matter" and "Dark Energy" are hypotheses (you got it, guesses) required to make Einstein's equations "fit" what is believed to be the physical cosmology of reality.
I do not hold the belief that black light only refers to matter but really refers to spirit. White light also consists in matter as does black light. You can have white matter that is really made up of black light and vise versa. Appearances can be deceiving.
donnann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
IAMTHATIAMNOT
 
Etu Malku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,416
Etu Malku has a spectacular aura aboutEtu Malku has a spectacular aura about
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

Are we talking about Black Light = ultraviolet light?
Because that's the only black light I know of.
Etu Malku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Quaker-in-the-Making
 
radarmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yellow Springs Ohio USA
Posts: 3,212
radarmark has a spectacular aura aboutradarmark has a spectacular aura aboutradarmark has a spectacular aura about
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

I dunno... donnann seems to be refering to my post, but I do not understand the context. In "ususal speak" black light = ultraviolet light, which has nothing to do with dark matter or dark energy.
radarmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
IAMTHATIAMNOT
 
Etu Malku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,416
Etu Malku has a spectacular aura aboutEtu Malku has a spectacular aura about
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

I hear ya radarmark, and dark matter is neither good or evil, it simply is.
As for 'dark energy' would that be referring to maleficent energy, because I'm not sure that exists either, energy simply is, it has no intent, and intent is what decides whether anything is good or evil.
Etu Malku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Executive Member
 
donnann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,011
donnann is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Matter what is it? How is religons connected to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlegal View Post
Welcome back, donnann!
Thank you very much
donnann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ego quakeyjase Belief and Spirituality 85 12-09-2008 05:11 AM
Dark Matter Finally Discovered ... (well... kinda) c0de Science and the Universe 0 11-25-2008 03:04 PM
Dark Night of the Soul Netti-Netti Abrahamic Religions 12 08-26-2008 10:24 PM
Dark Energy I, Brian Science and the Universe 15 03-20-2005 08:03 PM
Spirits I, Brian Belief and Spirituality 48 11-14-2004 03:49 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 ©2008, Crawlability, Inc.