Interafaith: Comparative religion: world religions

Go Back   Interfaith forums > General > Lounge

Lounge forget your differences and simply relax - no religion or politics here, please!

Old 08-12-2007, 09:34 PM   #211 (permalink)
Oannes

flowperson is on a distinguished road
Re: Mystery Thread

Chicken Breast/Grains/Veggie Easy Dinner.
This dinner is easy and has a lot of waiting around time if you organize your chopping/cooking activities well.

Skin/wash/dry split chicken breasts. Season with seasoning salt and garlic powder to taste. Brown all sides of the ckicken breasts in a heavy skillet in enough olive oil to just cover the bottom of the skillet with a Tbsp of butter/margarine at low/medium heat. Pour a cup to a cup and a half of white wine over the chicken, cover, and simmer gently for about an hour or so on low heat.

Grain & Veggies:

Mix together one half cup wild rice, one half cup pearl barley, 1 cup brown rice, and one cup long grain white rice.
Add one cup each of finely chopped carrots, sweet onions, and celery and mix with the grain.
Combine grain-veggie mix in a 2Qt. sauce pan with 7 cups of cold water. Add 6 tsp of chicken bullion. Bring to a full boil and then lower heat to simmer until grain and veggies reach top of pan.( you may have to add water after a half hour or so in order to sufficiently soften the grain, do not let the water boil out dry. But I like mine sort of chewy).
Remove from heat when done, but leave covered until served.

When chicken is done and pulling away from the bones, remove the breasts, and add about a cup of water to the drippings. Turn heat up to low/medium and bring to a slow simmer.
Mix two rounded Tbsp flour to one cup cool water in a jar with a screw on lid. Mix water and flour with a fork to eliminate lumps, screw on the lid, and shake well for 30 seconds or so.
Add to the simmering drippings and whisk until cooked and thick (doesn't take very long).

Plate up chicken breasts and grain/veggies. Serve with gravy as desired.
The grain/veggie mix freezes well in a covered container.

This is very good complimented with a fresh veggie relish plate or small salad.
Enjoy !

flow....
flowperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #212 (permalink)
Junior Moderator, Intro

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine will become famous soon enoughPhyllis Sidhe_Uaine will become famous soon enough

Here's a link to a rather nice "receipt" for cream pie (I made the chocolate cream pie variation yesterday and it was a success [yes, IL I did get a piece.])

Behind the Name: Message: "Cream pie recipe for mirfak, Lillian, anyone else....."

Next time I make it, I might add some peppermint extract for a chocolate mint cream pie (just an experiment/"experimint".)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:17 AM   #213 (permalink)
Junior Moderator, Intro

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine will become famous soon enoughPhyllis Sidhe_Uaine will become famous soon enough

Hey, IL

I used your fruit pizza sauce as frosting for a triple chocolate cake (it was my "bribe" for the GM) and her boyfriend didn't mind eating an iced cake (he dislikes frostings with a passion because they tend to be overly sweet.)

Try it some time (either on a chocolate cake, a spice cake or a carrot cake.) I Texas triple-dare you.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Old 10-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #214 (permalink)
at peace

InLove is on a distinguished road

Hi Phyll

Now there is an offer I can't refuse! That glaze is surprisingly versatile, isn't it? Sounds delicious. Thanks for another very creative idea.

Deb
InLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #215 (permalink)
Fiercely Interdependent

Pathless will become famous soon enough

Hello Bakers and Cookers and Chefs and Glazers and Raw Food Afficianandos and Eaters and Sushi Lovers, Etc.,

Here is a great recipe for different chocolate chip cookies that we have been making and devouring in my house recently. Instead of sunflower seeds, we use pecans, and instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips, big broken up chunks of dark or bittersweet chocolate! YUM!! And there's wheat flour in there, so it's healthy for you.

I also enjoyed baking this chocolate cinnamon bread with sugar crust. It smells and tastes wonderful, and the brown sugar/clove combination on top is extra-YUM.

ENjoy
Pathless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:47 AM   #216 (permalink)
Junior Moderator, Intro

*:kitty: bump*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Old 02-20-2008, 06:26 PM   #217 (permalink)
Why do cows say mu?

seattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathless View Post
Hello Bakers and Cookers and Chefs and Glazers and Raw Food Afficianandos and Eaters and Sushi Lovers, Etc.,

Here is a great recipe for different chocolate chip cookies that we have been making and devouring in my house recently. Instead of sunflower seeds, we use pecans, and instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips, big broken up chunks of dark or bittersweet chocolate! YUM!! And there's wheat flour in there, so it's healthy for you.
How well do the sesame seeds work out in this recipe? (I like sesame brittle. I wonder how pieces of sesame brittle would work out in this recipe?)

Quote:
I also enjoyed baking this chocolate cinnamon bread with sugar crust. It smells and tastes wonderful, and the brown sugar/clove combination on top is extra-YUM.

ENjoy
Oh man, Pathless, spiced chocolate? My favorite! (I wonder how it would taste if you substituted a small can of chopped mild green chilies for part of the butter? Yum...)
seattlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 PM   #218 (permalink)
Junior Moderator, Intro

What about pureed chilies (keep the consistency of the butter while giving the heat of the chilies)?

I know. Mope corner, here I come. *:kitty: follows, knowing the route too well*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Old 02-21-2008, 12:08 AM   #219 (permalink)
Why do cows say mu?

seattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine View Post
What about pureed chilies (keep the consistency of the butter while giving the heat of the chilies)?

I know. Mope corner, here I come. *:kitty: follows, knowing the route too well*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Nothing to mope about at all. It's a good idea.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #220 (permalink)
לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

Location: Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the dirt? :)
17th Angel is a jewel in the rough17th Angel is a jewel in the rough17th Angel is a jewel in the rough
Fishy

Monkfish....

Seriously.. Get some big big old fillets of it chop it up into generous sized cubes plop on a plate layer softly with pepper, lime juice six peeled garlic cloves and thyme. And optional sprinkle of salt. Slap that up in the old cooling box for say hour minimum... Later bring out grill up beautifully add tomatoes to it three cut in halves? And don't forget a little tinsy winsy bit of butter over the fish, add to a humble salad of lettuce, rocket onion/spring onion tomatoes! Add a littler salad oil perhaps, and there is a darn fine meal!

Just thought it was so great had to share it....

Now back to your regular programming.... Enjoy the show.
17th Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #221 (permalink)
Why do cows say mu?

Re: Fishy

It tastes like lobster. It's also good with angel hair pasta.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #222 (permalink)
Executive Member

greymare has a spectacular aura aboutgreymare has a spectacular aura aboutgreymare has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to greymare

have you ever tried..........condensed milk on toast??? seriously, it is better than s/x. lol. try it, trust me...............
greymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 06:49 PM   #223 (permalink)
ʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐ uoıʇsǝnb

juantoo3 is a jewel in the roughjuantoo3 is a jewel in the roughjuantoo3 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymare View Post
have you ever tried..........condensed milk on toast??? seriously, it is better than s/x. lol. try it, trust me...............
MMMMM, sounds almost as good as creamed chipped beef on toast, also known as "sh!t on a shingle."
juantoo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:18 AM   #224 (permalink)
Executive Member

greymare has a spectacular aura aboutgreymare has a spectacular aura aboutgreymare has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to greymare

there is no need to be horrible, 123, or are you being serious?? i cant tell. lol. but you shuld try what i meantioned . ok? trustme...........
greymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:38 AM   #225 (permalink)
Executive Member

Snoopy is a jewel in the roughSnoopy is a jewel in the roughSnoopy is a jewel in the roughSnoopy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymare View Post
condensed milk on toast??? seriously, it is better than s/x.
in that case, what about the two together? now I'm interested....

s.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: