Interafaith: Comparative religion: world religions

Go Back   Interfaith forums > Religion, Faith, and Theology > Eastern Religions and Philosophies > Hinduism

Hinduism Discussions and questions about Hinduism and general Hindu beliefs

Old 06-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #31 (permalink)
Interfaith Forums

Lunitik is on a distinguished road
Re: When all phenomena is erased

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaktajan View Post
Some follow the commandments, and others, do schemes.
All are basing their actions on scripture, believing they do the will of the Supreme. When we consider the Supreme as other, we strive to appease it at all cost. When we see we are part of the Supreme, we understand that our own considerations are divine and thus will think again.

You are not Christian, so substitute "Christ" and "God" with "Brahman" to apply it to the Gita. No other text explains this quite as beautifully:

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[a] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.
15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
Lunitik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
Executive Member

bhaktajan will become famous soon enough

Just had to add this FINALE:

Some one in Cyber Space Posted:
Quote:
An entity without attributes cannot be the subject of speech, writing, or any other form of expression. As one member noted somewhat tongue-in-cheek, isn't being without attributes, itself an attribute?
To wit Some else in Cyber Space replied:
Quote:
That is like saying zero has no value. Zero is a number. And all other numbers have values. Therefore zero has value.
Out of the mouths of babas come profundities.
bhaktajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #33 (permalink)
Search, be your own guru.

Aupmanyav is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunitik View Post
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
If you are a part of it then what worship? Should I worship myself?
Aupmanyav is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: