Interafaith: Comparative religion: world religions

Go Back   Interfaith forums > Religion, Faith, and Theology > Abrahamic Religions > Christianity

Christianity Christian issues and discussions of Christianity.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Interfaith Forums

mojobadshah is on a distinguished road
When There Will Be One Religion

All the religions of the world, that are considered by their patrons to be universal religions are premature. I don't know if these can be considered world religions but take Hinduism for example. The central figures in the Hindu religion are Hindus, and the Hindus worship Brahma, a Hindu name, and therefore a Hindu god. The central figure in the Zarathushtrian religion is Zarathushtra, an Aryan, and the God of the Aryans is called Mazda Ahura. The central figure in Islam is Mohammad, an Arab, and Allah, the God of the Muslims is an Arabic derived name. Christianity is a little bit different, but not too much. It was sort of an accident or uncalculated determination for Constantine to have made the official religion of Rome one that is based in the Judaic tradition and not the Roman one. For Yahweh is a Jewish (Hebrew) name of God and Jesus, also a Jewish (Hebrew) name is the central figure in Christianity. Thinking about it I actually find it somewhat offensive that the Godhead of a claimed universal religion would be attributed to any one person bearing a distinct ethnic origin and people would actually consider it truth. The world has only just recently become a smaller place. But there are thousands upon thousands of distinct languages spoken in the world. There isn't a 1 world language much less a 1 world state. I think this is what the ancients took for granted and why their religions will ultimately never work, unless they are to deceive the people or "work mysteriously." A 1 world religion would never have worked until the world was 1 world first, and it would have to have a happened back when the ancients lived because these days people are too smart for a religion unless its the negation of religion itself. Any thoughts?
mojobadshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gnōthi seauton

taijasi will become famous soon enough
Re: When There Will Be One Religion

Like you, I am one person. I live in one world. There is one Humanity to which both you and I, and all people on this planet belong. There is actually, no matter what you and I may hope or dream, only ONE future. It could be different, but it's not. It is what - and how - it is. Isn't that right?

Too much banging oneself upside the head, much less one's head against the wall, only does draim bamage. In truth, things are exactly as they are, and there's plenty of evidence to some of us that this ONE thing is working, still catching on (gee, all these years later?) ... and in fact, it's only gonna' get more and more obvious.

All for One, and One for All

It wasn't cool because the 3 Muhskeeters said eet ...
... eet was cool, and thus they picked up on it, made it their motto.

It will also work like this:

Three in/for One, One in/for Three
Three in/for Seven, Seven in/for Three
Therefore, One in Three in Seven, hence Seven in Three in One
And so on, although 49 is mathematically 7x7, then 343, and so on.

But don't get too worked up over it, or sidetracked, or lost in the wheels of analysis & confusion over why it all ain't perfect just quite yet. That takes much longer ... than any of us have yet been around the Wheel.

For while there are wheels w/in wheels w/in wheels [in every tradition], there is also ONE WHEEL, and on the Beeg One, we just BARELY made it past the halfway mark, a few million years ago ... and you should know good & well that this is like a fraction of a nanosecond on the Cosmic clock wherein ONE 12hr period is a Cosmos. Watch some Carl Sagan. Did you know that spacedust is billions, and billions, and bill~

By the way, there is ONE Cosmos, and it's quite enough to keep us occupied & busy, nose to the grindstone as we solve the human drama & mystery. Horatio has to be reminded sometimes to keep his eyes on the Prize. But any semi-quasi-hemi-demi-enlightened man at this point probably already realizes that indeed, there is only ONE Heaven, just as there is ONE planetary Peace that we are all working toward. And without a doubt, there is ONE life being lived right now by you and by me as we, together, work on getting back to WORK.

"One oh One the only way is One"
That, my Friend, must become both your creed and mine.

Adversarially, the mind becomes the *great slayer of the Real* ...
... How shall we deal with this problem, the slayer of the Real?
taijasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gnōthi seauton

taijasi will become famous soon enough

Or, as the musicians put it in contemporary expression:

"Everything under the sun is in tune/But the sun is eclipsed by the moon"

and then:

"And as we wind on down the Road/Our shadow's taller than our Soul"

"There walks a lady we all know/Who shines white light and wants to show/
How everything still turns to gold/And if you listen very hard/
The tune will come to you at last ...

WHEN ALL ARE ONE AND ONE IS ALL ...

To be a rock and not to roll.

And she's buying a Stairway to Heaven"

Why is this not still clear ... just because the acid trip (& 60s/70s) is over for a lot of folks?
Did God suddenly disappear when the psychoactives did (in their lives)?

I hope not.
taijasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Interfaith Forums

Lunitik is on a distinguished road

Zarathustra once said:

ONCE YOU SAID 'GOD' WHEN YOU GAZED UPON DISTANT SEAS; BUT NOW I HAVE TAUGHT
YOU TO SAY 'SUPERMAN'.

GOD IS A SUPPOSITION; BUT I WANT YOUR SUPPOSING TO REACH NO FURTHER THAN
YOUR CREATING WILL.

COULD YOU CREATE A GOD? - SO BE SILENT ABOUT ALL GODS! BUT YOU COULD SURELY
CREATE THE SUPERMAN.

PERHAPS NOT YOU YOURSELVES, MY BROTHERS! BUT YOU COULD TRANSFORM
YOURSELVES INTO FOREFATHERS AND ANCESTORS OF THE SUPERMAN: AND LET THIS
BE YOUR FINEST CREATING!

GOD IS A SUPPOSITION: BUT I WANT YOUR SUPPOSING TO BE BOUNDED BY
CONCEIVABILITY.

COULD YOU CONCEIVE A GOD? - BUT MAY THE WILL TO TRUTH MEAN THIS TO YOU:

THAT EVERYTHING SHALL BE TRANSFORMED INTO THE HUMANLY-CONCEIVABLE, THE
HUMANLY-EVIDENT, THE HUMANLY-PALPABLE! YOU SHOULD FOLLOW YOUR OWN SENSES
TO THE END!

It does not seem to uphold any God, yet Ahura Mazda means "light of wisdom", this highlights the experience of Satori for the Buddhists. When people realize this experience is the rationale for all God's we will hopefully come together to figure out how all can experience this, then we can have a civilization full of "supermen".

First we have to realize the very notion of God is supposition, but 2500 years after Zarathustra we do not seem closer at all to this understanding, man remains mostly in the imagination when approaching truth.

We must bring religion back to reality before there can be "One Religion".
Lunitik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pathetic earthlings

NiceCupOfTea has a spectacular aura aboutNiceCupOfTea has a spectacular aura about

one religion, sounds like a a totalitarian nightmare
NiceCupOfTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Interfaith Forums

He goes on:

BUT TO REVEAL MY HEART ENTIRELY TO YOU, FRIENDS: IF THERE WERE GODS, HOW
COULD I ENDURE NOT TO BE A GOD! THEREFORE THERE ARE NO GODS.

I, INDEED, DREW THAT CONCLUSION; BUT NOW IT DRAWS ME.

GOD IS A SUPPOSITION: BUT WHO COULD IMBIBE ALL THE ANGUISH OF THIS
SUPPOSITION WITHOUT DYING? SHALL THE CREATOR BE ROBBED OF HIS FAITH AND THE
EAGLE OF HIS SOARING INTO THE HEIGHTS?...

I CALL IT EVIL AND MISANTHROPIC, ALL THIS TEACHING ABOUT THE ONE AND THE
PERFECT AND THE UNMOVED AND THE SUFFICIENT AND THE INTRANSITORY....

BUT THE BEST IMAGES AND PARABLES SHOULD SPEAK OF TIME AND BECOMING: THEY
SHOULD BE A EULOGY AND A JUSTIFICATION OF ALL TRANSITORINESS....

ALL FEELING SUFFERS IN ME AND IS IN PRISON: BUT MY WILLING ALWAYS COMES TO ME
AS MY LIBERATOR AND BRINGER OF JOY.

WILLING LIBERATES: THAT IS THE TRUE DOCTRINE OF WILL AND FREEDOM.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Interfaith Forums

For me, these are beautiful words, without God man is no more a puppet, without all things being determined by God, man is free to come to his full potential. All limitation of human advancement has been due to the religions of old, it is time man grows up and drops this Father figure. Is man yet mature enough to do this?

We have been waiting thousands of years, and it seems most of humanity remains as a simple child, will we ever grow beyond it? Even if we cannot drop this idea of God, we must ask what kind of Father doesn't want his child to make its own path. Is there a more compassionate father than that one which throws his child out of the house to force him to make something of himself in the world? Yet the God of most will never do this, man remains utterly a slave because of this figure.

This is something disgusting for me, but if we can realize the truth behind the words of the religious founders, if we can each reach the same heights of knowing and use them all to assist in this - then only will come the superman, then only a single religion will come about, and it will be the religion of truth. Yet, there should never be ONE religion, there should be as many religions as there are people walking the earth, for we are all unique yet religion is an emulating of a particular figure.

The works of religious people can have their barriers dropped, there can be a taking away of all lines that separate them, but it must mean we accept more variety, and this will be good.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Why do cows say mu?

seattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobadshah View Post
All the religions of the world, that are considered by their patrons to be universal religions are premature. I don't know if these can be considered world religions but take Hinduism for example. The central figures in the Hindu religion are Hindus, and the Hindus worship Brahma, a Hindu name, and therefore a Hindu god. The central figure in the Zarathushtrian religion is Zarathushtra, an Aryan, and the God of the Aryans is called Mazda Ahura. The central figure in Islam is Mohammad, an Arab, and Allah, the God of the Muslims is an Arabic derived name. Christianity is a little bit different, but not too much. It was sort of an accident or uncalculated determination for Constantine to have made the official religion of Rome one that is based in the Judaic tradition and not the Roman one. For Yahweh is a Jewish (Hebrew) name of God and Jesus, also a Jewish (Hebrew) name is the central figure in Christianity. Thinking about it I actually find it somewhat offensive that the Godhead of a claimed universal religion would be attributed to any one person bearing a distinct ethnic origin and people would actually consider it truth. The world has only just recently become a smaller place. But there are thousands upon thousands of distinct languages spoken in the world. There isn't a 1 world language much less a 1 world state. I think this is what the ancients took for granted and why their religions will ultimately never work, unless they are to deceive the people or "work mysteriously." A 1 world religion would never have worked until the world was 1 world first, and it would have to have a happened back when the ancients lived because these days people are too smart for a religion unless its the negation of religion itself. Any thoughts?
Tao Te Ching 1:

The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named is not the eternal name
The nameless is the origin of Heaven and Earth
The named is the mother of myriad things
Thus, constantly without desire, one observes its essence
Constantly with desire, one observes its manifestations
These two emerge together but differ in name
The unity is said to be the mystery
Mystery of mysteries, the door to all wonders

seattlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pathetic earthlings

NiceCupOfTea has a spectacular aura aboutNiceCupOfTea has a spectacular aura about

Lord of the Rings Tolkein

Quote:
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
NiceCupOfTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Interfaith Forums

OF THE COMPASSIONATE

AS LONG AS MEN HAVE EXISTED, MAN HAS ENJOYED HIMSELF TOO LITTLE: THAT ALONE,
MY BROTHERS, IS OUR ORIGINAL SIN!

AND IF WE LEARN BETTER TO ENJOY OURSELVES, WE BEST UNLEARN HOW TO DO HARM
TO OTHERS AND TO CONTRIVE HARM.

THEREFORE I WASH MY HAND WHEN IT HAS HELPED A SUFFERER, THEREFORE I WIPE
MY SOUL CLEAN AS WELL.

FOR I SAW THE SUFFERER SUFFER, AND BECAUSE I SAW IT I WAS ASHAMED ON ACCOUNT
OF HIS SHAME; AND WHEN I HELPED HIM, THEN I SORELY INJURED HIS PRIDE....

'BE RESERVED IN ACCEPTING! HONOUR A MAN BY ACCEPTING FROM HIM!' - THUS I
ADVISE THOSE WHO HAVE NOTHING TO GIVE.

I, HOWEVER, AM A GIVER: I GIVE GLADLY AS A FRIEND TO FRIENDS. BUT STRANGERS
AND THE POOR MAY PLUCK THE FRUIT FROM MY TREE FOR THEMSELVES: IT CAUSES
LESS SHAME THAT WAY....

AND WE ARE THE MOST UNFAIR, NOT TOWARDS HIM WHOM WE DO NOT LIKE, BUT
TOWARDS HIM FOR WHOM WE FEEL NOTHING AT ALL.

BUT IF YOU HAVE A SUFFERING FRIEND, BE A RESTING-PLACE FOR HIS SUFFERING, BUT
A RESTING-PLACE LIKE A HARD BED, A CAMP-BED: THUS YOU WILL SERVE HIM BEST.

AND SHOULD YOUR FRIEND DO YOU A WRONG, THEN SAY: 'I FORGIVE YOU WHAT YOU DID
TO ME; BUT THAT YOU DID IT TO YOURSELF - HOW COULD I FORGIVE THAT?'

THUS SPEAKS ALL GREAT LOVE: IT OVERCOMES EVEN FORGIVENESS AND PITY....

ALAS, WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE THERE BEEN GREATER FOLLIES THAN WITH THE
COMPASSIONATE? AND WHAT IN THE WORLD HAS CAUSED MORE SUFFERING THAN THE
FOLLIES OF THE COMPASSIONATE?

WOE TO ALL LOVERS WHO CANNOT SURMOUNT PITY!

THUS SPOKE THE DEVIL TO ME ONCE: 'EVEN GOD HAS HIS HELL: IT IS HIS LOVE FOR
MAN....'

SO BE WARNED AGAINST PITY: THENCE SHALL YET COME A HEAVY CLOUD FOR MAN!

TRULY, I UNDERSTAND WEATHER-SIGNS!

BUT MARK, TOO, THIS SAYING: ALL GREAT LOVE IS ABOVE PITY: FOR IT WANTS - TO
CREATE WHAT IS LOVED!

'I OFFER MYSELF TO MY LOVE, AND MY NEIGHBOR AS MYSELF' - THAT IS THE LANGUAGE
OF ALL CREATORS.

ALL CREATORS, HOWEVER, ARE HARD.

You will be hard-pressed to find a more liberating man than this Zarathustra!

It hurts me that he has been forgotten, that man has instead chosen those that make him a slave, what is wrong with us? We seem to only love those who call us to turn away from the beautiful things this world offers. We do not accept those who tell us simply to enjoy this blessing.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Quaker-in-the-Making

radarmark has a spectacular aura aboutradarmark has a spectacular aura aboutradarmark has a spectacular aura about

Friends,

I (as usual) see things a little differently. There is but one religion, the direct experience that is G!d or the D!vine or (substitute what thou will). The one religion with many ways and paths.

But it is hidden in shadow: the shadow of maya and greed and ego and politics and power and ignorance. The shadow of what is lesser than the D!vine.
radarmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Interfaith Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarmark View Post
Friends,

I (as usual) see things a little differently. There is but one religion, the direct experience that is G!d or the D!vine or (substitute what thou will). The one religion with many ways and paths.

But it is hidden in shadow: the shadow of maya and greed and ego and politics and power and ignorance. The shadow of what is lesser than the D!vine.
Where is the difference, except that you have already overcome the lines drawn between these branches of truth where others see they remain and want them pulled down? It is ignorant to say they are not there when it is plain they stand firm, yet I too long for the destruction of all such walls that divide men.

They are falling though, yet as they fall it seems people are more strongly attempting to keep them standing, they define themselves by their perceived differences and it is a threat to that. People do not care to find their own divinity, it is far easier and gives greater security to the psyche that we rely on something else, someone else. It is basically a fear of having to rely on yourself, but it is just their imagination, beliefs save no one - in fact they are the nature of the prison.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Interfaith Forums

Princely is on a distinguished road

I am going to make right a measuring line and justice a level. I will purify the lips of the people so they will all call upon the name of the Lord to serve Him with One accord.To me every knee shall bend by me every tongue shall swear, saying only in the Lord are just deeds and power.Then all those who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.
Princely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Etu Malku has a spectacular aura aboutEtu Malku has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewX View Post
Or, as the musicians put it in contemporary expression:

"Everything under the sun is in tune/But the sun is eclipsed by the moon"

and then:

"And as we wind on down the Road/Our shadow's taller than our Soul"

"There walks a lady we all know/Who shines white light and wants to show/
How everything still turns to gold/And if you listen very hard/
The tune will come to you at last ...

WHEN ALL ARE ONE AND ONE IS ALL ...

To be a rock and not to roll.

And she's buying a Stairway to Heaven"

Why is this not still clear ... just because the acid trip (& 60s/70s) is over for a lot of folks?
Did God suddenly disappear when the psychoactives did (in their lives)?

I hope not.
Robert Plant's own explanation of the lyrics was that it "was some cynical aside about a woman getting everything she wanted all the time without giving back any thought or consideration. The first line begins with that cynical sweep of the hand ... and it softened up after that.

The lyrics of the song reflected Plant's current reading. The singer had been poring over the works of the British antiquarian Lewis Spence, and later cited Spence's Magic Arts in Celtic Britain as one of the sources for the lyrics to the song.

Also Jimmy Page is an ordained priest of the O.T.O.ís Gnostic Catholic Church.
Etu Malku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Quaker-in-the-Making

radarmark has a spectacular aura aboutradarmark has a spectacular aura aboutradarmark has a spectacular aura about

Princely... redemption is just that... living with the Presence, walking in H!s footsteps, being moved to make (integrity, equality, peace, love, justice... put in your own idea) manifest in your life.
radarmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: