Interafaith: Comparative religion: world religions

Go Back   Interfaith forums > Religion, Faith, and Theology > Eastern Religions and Philosophies > Hinduism

Hinduism Discussions and questions about Hinduism and general Hindu beliefs

Old 02-03-2008, 02:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Purchased Bewilderment

Paladin is a jewel in the roughPaladin is a jewel in the roughPaladin is a jewel in the roughPaladin is a jewel in the rough
Re: Why you believe that non-vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob x View Post
It is especially cowardly to eat those poor carrots: they can't even see you sneaking up on them!
Maybe not, but lordy make sure your kill them on the first shot. My cousin once tracked a wounded one into the bush. Never heard from him again...
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
Why do cows say mu?

seattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob x View Post
It is especially cowardly to eat those poor carrots: they can't even see you sneaking up on them!
Hmm, how about ripping a piece of a potato plant's organism away (harvesting a root) and eating it just to make the plant produce more? Surely it would be uncompassionate to make the plant continue in its suffering without the release that death brings?
seattlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Executive Member

Francis king has a spectacular aura aboutFrancis king has a spectacular aura about

I find potatoes are difficult to sneak up on when they have lots of eyes...
Francis king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #19 (permalink)

sangam is on a distinguished road

and if it turns out to be a sweet potato, you will have a guilty feeling for a long time.
sangam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
Vision To Spread Islam

islamis4u is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to islamis4u

you all are going out of the topic!!!
islamis4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
Executive Member

greymare has a spectacular aura aboutgreymare has a spectacular aura aboutgreymare has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to greymare

whats wrong with eating pigs? I know Ive probably asked this question before and I wont lecture you guys on the benefits of being an omnivour.
greymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Purchased Bewilderment

Paladin is a jewel in the roughPaladin is a jewel in the roughPaladin is a jewel in the roughPaladin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymare View Post
whats wrong with eating pigs? I know Ive probably asked this question before and I wont lecture you guys on the benefits of being an omnivour.
I suppose it would depend in which forum you ask that question. In a faith that holds vegetarianism sacrosanct the question would at best be moot, at worst quite offensive.

Ask the question in the lounge, and the answer might be something like "well too many folks use the wrong barbeque sauce"
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

Q2008 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still thinking View Post
I'm with 17th - what are we supposed to eat then? God gave mankind control over the animals; there exists a natural hierarchy in this world when it comes to survival. Plus, animals eat each other all the time - even some plants eat animals! It's called common sense.
Animals don't factory farm, feed meat to herbivorous animals, or (generally) torture their food. Feel free to talk about 'natural hierarchies' next time you personally kill an animal to feed yourself because you need to, not because you enjoy hamburger.
Q2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
wil
UNeyeR1

wil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to all

Namaste Q2008,

Not many folks eat meat via hunting...no worries there, most hire assassins and look down there collective noses at hunters.

But feeding meet to herbivores?? Who does that (oh prions to cows...good point)....I do chuckle at the vegans that force their carnivore cats and dogs to eat veggies!
wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:24 AM   #25 (permalink)

Q2008 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil View Post
Not many folks eat meat via hunting...no worries there, most hire assassins and look down there collective noses at hunters.
Nothing amuses me more than those who scorn hunting, dog-eating, foie-gras, and ignore what goes into the meat products they themselves consume daily.

Quote:
But feeding meet to herbivores?? Who does that (oh prions to cows...good point)....I do chuckle at the vegans that force their carnivore cats and dogs to eat veggies!
The bulk of 'pet food' that is sold is vegetable matter anyway. Certainly you shouldn't care for a carnivore if you're not willing to provide it with meat.
Q2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
fluffy future

nativeastral has a spectacular aura aboutnativeastral has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q2008 View Post
Nothing amuses me more than those who scorn hunting, dog-eating, foie-gras, and ignore what goes into the meat products they themselves consume daily.

The bulk of 'pet food' that is sold is vegetable matter anyway. Certainly you shouldn't care for a carnivore if you're not willing to provide it with meat.
I am concerned about what factory and even field animals are fed to pump up their protein content and most consumers are still ignorant or choose to be else the shock factor would cause too much anxiety.

Even if all the human carnivores reduced their meat eating by 50% for health reasons alone ie up their fruit/vegetable intake, that would help a lot as l do believe much of the serious health problems in the west are due to too much animal products, particularly those slaughtered wholesalingly frightened...toxic
nativeastral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Executive Member

Snoopy is a jewel in the roughSnoopy is a jewel in the roughSnoopy is a jewel in the roughSnoopy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil View Post
I do chuckle at the vegans that force their carnivore cats and dogs to eat veggies!
Do you mean exclusively vegetarian diets? I think this might be OK for dogs as they are omnivores (not sure though). But this is a definite no-no for cats as they are carnivores and need it in their diet. A vegetarian diet for a cat would be injurious to their health.

s.
Snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
wil
UNeyeR1

wil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to all

yes I suppose chuckle is the wrong word... I chuckle at the vegans, but do feel sorry for the animals...you are correct there aren't any Jane cats....
wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
Essence

PandaMentionalBeing is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to PandaMentionalBeing Send a message via MSN to PandaMentionalBeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis king View Post
a plant does not have a brain, nor does it have a mind, therefore, it may have life but it does not have a consciousness...

Are you sure the conciousness resides in the brain/mind complex?

I'm not.
PandaMentionalBeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Say Meow.

immortalitylost has a spectacular aura aboutimmortalitylost has a spectacular aura aboutimmortalitylost has a spectacular aura about

If people can be reincarnated as animals why not plants? What if the carrots in your stew are your double dead grandmother! What then, people, what then!

Chuckle, not trying to be offensive, just puttin it out there, yano...

I've killed my own foodz before. Once wit a fishie, and once wit a chicken. Well, a bunch of chickenz... I'd rather hunt and kill my own food than buy it from the store, that way I know how it died, and I would appreciate it's sacrifice all the more. And hey, if a carnivore wants to eat me, I say bring it on! Let the best come out the victor! I'll enjoy my meat, and try to buy free range where possible since I generally = fail at hunting . If I had to hunt my own food I'd prolly starve. Or be reduced to a diet of fishies and wormies. Maybe crickets if I getz lucky. Lol, I'm a micro game hunter! Fear me! *pulls out mini cricket huntin gun*

"Be veeewy qwiet. I'm hunting cwicketz..."

Prey animals were meant to be prey... and they's yummy. Me and my kitty agree.

Meao!
immortalitylost is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: