Interafaith: Comparative religion: world religions

Go Back   Interfaith forums > Religion, Faith, and Theology > Eastern Religions and Philosophies > Hinduism

Hinduism Discussions and questions about Hinduism and general Hindu beliefs

Old 11-16-2009, 02:39 PM   #46 (permalink)

AndreG is on a distinguished road
Re: Why you believe that non-vegetarian

Brian, quit psychoanalyzing and stick to the topic and facts. This is getting boring.

Does this include organic meat?
Of course, there is no question that organic farming, pastoral or arable, is less harmful than conventional practices. And there is no question that organic veggie farming is far more sustainable than pastoral farming. Veggie farming uses far less resources and can be a closed system. Animal farming uses massive amounts of water and feed and cannot be a closed system.
What is more sustainable than sprouting your own greens/sprouts and growing your own veggies? This is possible even in the smallest of condos; raising a herd of cows for milk is not.

The bottom line is that you have done nothing but post misinformation
I apologize if I have posted misinformation. Please show me where.

Please explain to me why you believe a vegan diet to be more detrimental to your health than an omnivorous diet. This IS the debate after all.
Keep in mind I am not advocating eating bananas from Costa Rica or plates of Tofu.
AndreG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #47 (permalink)
wil
UNeyeR1

wil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to all

Yes most vegetarians are keenly aware and concerned of the pollutants, herbicide, fertilizers, human waste, irradiation, insecticides, hormones added to our fruits, veggies and grains.

However what is most interesting is how carnivores point to this and say that this should be a concern of veggies when in reality it should be a concern of carnivores.

Across the board studies have shown the carnivore to be carrying, containing more of all of the above than veggies do! Why, because much of this stuff is stored in the fat and the meat of the cow, sheep, pig etc that those carnivores consume...so they consume many multiples of these products for that reason alone. And then there is the consideration that crops used for animal feed don't have as stringent a rules on the use of all of the above than crops used for human consumption. And then there is also the amount of grain, grass required for 1 pound of animal protien vs 1 pound of veggie protien...oh my...

Which brings up yet another topic on the bennies to the world of eating less meat...it takes less energy, land, chemicals, water, and manpower to create feed the same amount of people.
wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #48 (permalink)
Peace, Love and Unity

I, Brian has a spectacular aura aboutI, Brian has a spectacular aura aboutI, Brian has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreG View Post
Brian, quit psychoanalyzing and stick to the topic and facts. This is getting boring.
If you're happy to have a discussion, instead of patronize your audience, that would be great.

So far you have contributed nothing to the discussion excepting to post dubious propaganda pointers.

Interesting that you've changed tact, though - originally your aim of of attack was against anything but a meat-free diet - now you seem to be aiming at industrial food production. Not very consistent.

You opened up with a run of sanctimonious postings, and somehow presume that means people will warm to your comments. I'm sorry, it doesn't, and if you understand that, and can move forward from that, you should be fine to settle in this and any other community online.
I, Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I, Brian View Post
If you're happy to have a discussion, instead of patronize your audience, that would be great.

So far you have contributed nothing to the discussion excepting to post dubious propaganda pointers.

Interesting that you've changed tact, though - originally your aim of of attack was against anything but a meat-free diet - now you seem to be aiming at industrial food production. Not very consistent.

You opened up with a run of sanctimonious postings, and somehow presume that means people will warm to your comments. I'm sorry, it doesn't, and if you understand that, and can move forward from that, you should be fine to settle in this and any other community online.
Attempt # 2

Does this include organic meat?
Of course, there is no question that organic farming, pastoral or arable, is less harmful than conventional practices. And there is no question that organic veggie farming is far more sustainable than pastoral farming. Veggie farming uses far less resources and can be a closed system. Animal farming uses massive amounts of water and feed and cannot be a closed system.
What is more sustainable than sprouting your own greens/sprouts and growing your own veggies? This is possible even in the smallest of condos; raising a herd of cows for milk is not.

The bottom line is that you have done nothing but post misinformation
I apologize if I have posted misinformation. Please show me where.

Please explain to me why you believe a vegan diet to be more detrimental to your health than an omnivorous diet. This IS the debate after all.
Keep in mind I am not advocating eating bananas from Costa Rica or plates of Tofu.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:19 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil View Post
Yes most vegetarians are keenly aware and concerned of the pollutants, herbicide, fertilizers, human waste, irradiation, insecticides, hormones added to our fruits, veggies and grains.

However what is most interesting is how carnivores point to this and say that this should be a concern of veggies when in reality it should be a concern of carnivores.

Across the board studies have shown the carnivore to be carrying, containing more of all of the above than veggies do! Why, because much of this stuff is stored in the fat and the meat of the cow, sheep, pig etc that those carnivores consume...so they consume many multiples of these products for that reason alone. And then there is the consideration that crops used for animal feed don't have as stringent a rules on the use of all of the above than crops used for human consumption. And then there is also the amount of grain, grass required for 1 pound of animal protien vs 1 pound of veggie protien...oh my...

Which brings up yet another topic on the bennies to the world of eating less meat...it takes less energy, land, chemicals, water, and manpower to create feed the same amount of people.
Yes, Dioxin/DDT and other toxins are fat soluble, which is why there is abundance of them in flesh and animal tissue, and not so much in plants.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:17 AM   #51 (permalink)

Pravin is on a distinguished road

Greetings

@Islamis4U

Now regarding why do Hindus believe that vegetarian food should be eaten, or to make it sound better why do most Hindus prefer to eat vegetarian food by excluding meat?

This issue mainly dwells under the idea of Ahimsa, which simply means non-violence. Killing of an animal for our own survival/hunger when we could still well survive by eating plants and grains is considered an act of violence. Why do we have to kill the poor animals when we can still survive by eating plants?
What is the purpose of eating? We eat to provide ourselves the daily energy and nutrients needed by our body. Isn't that the purpose of eating?

After myself having said all the above, as usual many might ask, then isnt eating plants means killing plants too. Isnt that an act of violence?

Well, fair enough. But fortunately, plants do not feel pain, do not cry in pain, nor do they shout out in pain. I have been recently hearing and reading the claims of certain people that plants can feel pain too. That plants too cry out in pain. And that their cry if beyond the normal hearing of humans. All these claims are purely ridiculous! And it sounds even more ridiculous when these claims are being made by people with scietific educational background.

Now, let me ask u, if u have learnt the plant biology, can u please name me an organ in plant which percieves pain stimulant (eg: cerebral cortex in human)? Or can u name me an organ in plant that can produce sound waves (eg: vocal cords in human)? Well, there is nothing. Plants do not feel pain, nor do they cry in pain. I wonder why are these wrong scietific facts being spread like a virus just for the purpose of againsting vegetarianism.
Pravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:08 AM   #52 (permalink)

Pravin is on a distinguished road

so what's the conclusion through this discussion?
from what i have read throughout, my conclusion a balanced vegan diet is definitely the best for human health.

p/s : im not a vegan though (but wanting to change one day)
Pravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:23 AM   #53 (permalink)

ultimateProphet is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Why you believe that non-vegetarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islamis4u View Post
I ask you that you know that a plant is also a living creature you know that it has been found that a plant also feels pain you know? plants also cry? but why we do not hear them is the frequency of our hearing of which we cannot hear.
Most sattvik food is fruit and milk.during the period of worship we take this.This not hurt tree as well as animal .And our saints advocated for this food.2nd type of food Rajashik like Anna,bannana etc.
Taking meet is tamoshik as it shows the blood and violence.
ultimateProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:23 AM   #54 (permalink)

murugan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by islamis4u View Post
I ask you that you know that a plant is also a living creature you know that it has been found that a plant also feels pain you know? plants also cry? but why we do not hear them is the frequency of our hearing of which we cannot hear.
We are not killing a plant or a tree, we just using their fruits, leaves and vegetables for our food. Unlike in animals they are killed for the food.
murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #55 (permalink)

avinash-kalawar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis king View Post
the idea is... all creatures have souls... even animals... therefore, to eat meat is murder... only God or the Gods can decide when a living thing dies, but eating meat doesn't allow for that to happen- instead, man decides when a creature dies, which is considered wrong... also... a lot of hindu's believe in reincarnation, so, in theory, you might be eating a beefburger or a bacon sandwhich that was once your mother...

Some hindu Gods have animals they have special consideration for; Lord Brahma likes swans, Siva likes bulls, Krsna likes cows, and some of these Gods have also been animals too- for instance, Lord Siva once appeared on earth as a large bull...

hope all that makes sense...
Hindus are non vegis only brahmins and vasyas are vegis they sacrificed practice of non veg from the birth of lord vishnus messenger buddha he thought aahimsa (non-voilence) from there onwards this two castes sacrificed flesh consumption
avinash-kalawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #56 (permalink)
Why do cows say mu?

seattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of lightseattlegal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash-kalawar View Post
Hindus are non vegis only brahmins and vasyas are vegis they sacrificed practice of non veg from the birth of lord vishnus messenger buddha he thought aahimsa (non-voilence) from there onwards this two castes sacrificed flesh consumption
Welcome, avinash-kalawar! We need some Hindus here at interfaith.org that we can learn from!
seattlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #57 (permalink)
wil
UNeyeR1

wil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to allwil is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlegal View Post
Welcome, ! We need some Hindus here at interfaith.org that we can learn from!
here, here...

absolutely agree and namaste avinash-kalawar
wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #58 (permalink)
Executive Member

bhaktajan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlegal View Post
Welcome, avinash-kalawar! We need some Hindus here at interfaith.org that we can learn from!

When a regular person eats meat, how do they know they were not served Human Flesh?

Faith!

Guantanamo prisoners have faith that they are NOT served Human Flesh.

Even atheists and travelers the world over are faithfull ---that no one is feeding them flesh [or soylent green too].

Why all the faithfullness?

It is not faith ---it is in-difference to the re-actions of the Karma!

Karmic-reactions are mechanical. Karmic-reactions are not based on anyones faith.

Having faith that an ex-convict, or illegal emmigrant, or mad-man is conscientious of clean and karma-free food prep is called GAMBLING.

Not Faith ---in-different Gambling.

Yahoo to the schools of Future Fish colonies.
bhaktajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #59 (permalink)
IAMTHATIAMNOT

Etu Malku has a spectacular aura aboutEtu Malku has a spectacular aura about

Thank GOD I'm a Luciferian . . . . because I loves me some Pulled Pork smothered in spicy BBQ sauce!
Etu Malku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #60 (permalink)
Executive Member

bhaktajan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etu Malku View Post
Thank GOD I'm a Luciferian . . . . because I loves me some Pulled Pork smothered in spicy BBQ sauce!

<Note to self: I must write shorter posts>

So Etu, when someone preps a pigs corpse with flavoring ---
HOW DO YOU KNOW IT IS NOT HUMAN FLESH THAT YOU WERE SERVED?

How do they know they were not served Human Flesh?

Quote:
Faith!
You have faith Etu!

Correct?

You have faith Etu, that you are not served Human Flesh!
You have faith Etu, that you have NOT been eating Human Flesh!

Why? Because you have faith in strangers!

Correct?

BTW: Would the "Strangers" have faith in your flavored corpse serving?

CHALLENGE QUESTION: Is Raw/Un-cooked* red meat or pork is something you have eaten?

*remember: they are called "Cured Meats".
bhaktajan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: