Social Dynamics

Postmaster

Reaction score
Since my last post was closed for which I'm sure the Admins had there reasons. I just want to continue with it here if that’s ok? But change the subject abit.

We all know that reductionism is a very important approach in science. I think in the same way Social dynamics is a very important approach to understanding theology and religion. In my last thread I stated that religion even more so the Abrehamic faiths are structured to pass on basic teachings and philosophies to a much wider part of the population because the majority of the population are children and women whom are more by nature irreligious and don't have the same opportunistic nature as men that necessarily require a discipline. And that religion is an outcome of a man far exceeding his discipline threshold and this also corresponds more closely to the subconscious actions and nature of children and women and thus makes harmony. Can anyone help me out here anyone think there’s anything to add, think I’m wrong or losing it? I'm just playing with a theory. Doesn't it make sense as to why all propehts in religious history are men?

...And that religion is an outcome of a man far exceeding his discipline threshold and this also corresponds more closely to the subconscious actions and nature of children and women and thus makes harmony. Can anyone help me out here anyone think there’s anything to add, think I’m wrong or losing it? I'm just playing with a theory. Doesn't it make sense as to why all propehts in religious history are men?
Seems most churches are a majority of women attending, with men leading. Unless you head to the pagan/goddess territory and then it is still more women around, but women leading.

But in the churches tis also interesting it may be a man speaking yet many women are involved in administration, committees, counseling, prayer groups etc. So while there exists a male figurehead...who is running things?

I've hada similar contemplation in the past. Different venue, I'd guess 70-80% of piano lessons are given to and by women, yet if I asked most to name famous pianists they'd be listing >90% men. The teaching strata has a similar bent, we start out with mostly women teachers in our early grades and as we continue our education move into a more male dominated area. Can all this be attributed to some sort of bias...or is there something else going on?

On Leadership and Gender:

Most men are incapable of leadership precisely because
they want to be leaders... Women for this exact reason
usually end up with power over men, because the most
powerful leaders, are invisible. (Lao Tzu or Sun Tzu?)

Unlike many male 'leaders' who want to lead just for the
sake of leading, women usually have an aim: the
nurture/improvement of man. Which is either their husband
or their children or whoever they might care for.

On the maleness of Prophets:

The most probable cause for this is not that men are the
chosen ones and have a higher spiritual rank then women.
My religion clearly outlines the equality of the spiritual status
of men and women. However, equality and uniqueness of
societal roles are not mutually exclusive.

Just because men have been called on to take care of
the more public side of the equation does not make them
more important. Leadership is the ultimate servitude. (Socrates)
If people truly understood this fact, no one would want to be
a leader. It is not for nothing that Prophets never asked to be
Prophets... because they were never politicians.

Since my last post was closed for which I'm sure the Admins had there reasons. I just want to continue with it here if that’s ok? But change the subject abit.

Apologies for that - there's was an altercation going on which led to it being closed, but the posts in question have since been removed.

I guess may as well continue in this new thread.

p.s.

I just wanted to clarify something regarding my last post.

I just remembered that there is a verse in the Quran which
states that there are also good men who pray to be made
leaders of other good men. So the statement that only
the bad leaders want to be leaders, I actually regret having
stated now as it turns out to contradict my own scripture...
But then again, there are many more verses in the same
book which talk about most leaders leading towards evil...
So I guess the few good wanna-be leaders are probably
the exception...

On the maleness of Prophets:

The most probable cause for this is not that men are the
chosen ones and have a higher spiritual rank then women.

The Bible includes at least half a dozen prophets who were women. Both in the OT and the NT.

Historically, in near eastern society nobody seemed to care whether the individual was a prophet or prophetess. Check the Assyrians (who are believed to have substantially influenced the Jewish religion).

We all know that reductionism is a very important approach in science. I think in the same way Social dynamics is a very important approach to understanding theology and religion. In my last thread I stated that religion even more so the Abrehamic faiths are structured to pass on basic teachings and philosophies to a much wider part of the population because the majority of the population are children and women whom are more by nature irreligious and don't have the same opportunistic nature as men that necessarily require a discipline. And that religion is an outcome of a man far exceeding his discipline threshold and this also corresponds more closely to the subconscious actions and nature of children and women and thus makes harmony. Can anyone help me out here anyone think there’s anything to add, think I’m wrong or losing it? I'm just playing with a theory. Doesn't it make sense as to why all propehts in religious history are men?
So you're saying men tend to like to make up and enforce rules more than women and children?

Boy is SG gonna love this thread.

Prophets
seattlegal-albums-emoticons-picture91-stealing-popcorn.gif

The Bible includes at least half a dozen prophets who were women. Both in the OT and the NT.

I had no idea

Historically, in near eastern society nobody seemed to care whether the individual was a prophet or prophetess. Check the Assyrians (who are believed to have substantially influenced the Jewish religion).

hmm... interesting...

Postmaster said:
...religion even more so the Abrehamic faiths are structured to pass on basic teachings and philosophies to a much wider part of the population because the majority of the population are children and women whom are more by nature irreligious and don't have the same opportunistic nature as men that necessarily require a discipline.

That's an amazing crystallization of a paradigm in one sentence. Any discussion of sex role stereotypes always comes down to a tactical retreat from functionalism at some level.

Chris

I take that as a compliment? Yeah I guess your right. I don’t think much will change because men will always hold qualities women don't have and vice versa. And I think the world we live in is positively effected because of this conflict or harmony (whichever you prefer). Men are amazing at problem solving and logic and women are amazing at observing and responding in social interactions, empathy and not forgetting multi tasking. I think in the same way people of different races and cultural backgrounds create the same positive effect, economists would agree on that one too.

So you're saying men tend to like to make up and enforce rules more than women and children?

Erm yes and no I guess it depends. What I wrote could mean alot of things really. I think the purpose of religion is to help people of a irreligious nature find a path but I'm not saying that people of irreligious nature are any less better people then those who are they could be better really makes no difference in my view. I think the best qualities of a man lead him to guide so that he can connect to the best qualities of children and women. I find it easy to think that women would have difficulties creating a religion, men tend to be more charismatic then women which seems sparks off major world religions and along with charisma comes high level problem solving to reach whatever objective it is they want.

Back