Geert Wilders

enlightenment

Reaction score
Politician refused entry to UK - Yahoo! News UK

Simple question. All welcome - :)

Were the UK correct to refuse entry into the country, for this man, and for these reasons?

Politician refused entry to UK - Yahoo! News UK

A right-wing Dutch politician banned from entering the UK over his anti-Islam views has been turned away after arriving at Heathrow Airport.

Geert Wilders was invited to Westminster by a member of the House of Lords to show his 17-minute film Fitna, which criticises the Koran as a "fascist book".

But on Tuesday he received a letter from the Home Office refusing him entry because his opinions "would threaten community security and therefore public security" in the UK.

Mr Wilders, a member of the Freedom Party in the Netherlands, condemned the British Government as "weak and cowardly" and vowed he would make the trip anyway.

He arrived at Heathrow's Terminal 1 on a BMI flight from Amsterdam at 2pm and was taken into a side room by immigration officials.

The politician told the Associated Press he was being returned to the Netherlands.

Mr Wilders has urged the Dutch government to ban the Koran and warned of a "tsunami" of Islam swamping the Netherlands.

His film sparked violent protests around the Muslim world last year for linking verses in the religious text with footage of terrorist attacks.

He has launched an appeal against an Amsterdam court's order that he should be prosecuted for hate speech.

Mr Wilders said he had already shown his film to Denmark's parliament and would take it to Italy and the US House of Representatives in the coming weeks.

Were the UK correct to refuse entry into the country, for this man, and for these reasons?

No they were wrong, in every way. This will generate more
attention of Wilders, which is what he wants. And it will reflect
negatively on Muslims, which is also what he wants.

Besides, lunatics shouldn't be turned away for being lunatics...
Its a disability man! I mean, thats like... discrimination!
I propose special schools! and special school buses!

I guess the government are fearful of fascist islam and dont want reprisals from muslims. and therefore consider it best to keep this dutch dude out of the country.

No they were wrong, in every way. This will generate more
attention of Wilders, which is what he wants. And it will reflect
negatively on Muslims, which is also what he wants.

I would tend to agree. FFS, never thought I would say that to you, lol.:)

Never heard of the man before, however, it states that he made a seventeen min film.

Wonder if it available to see on the net, so we can at least see what all the fuss is about. 17 mins.

If it is a crock of s**t, then fine, let's be seeing it, and then people can determine it as such, and reject it.

By banning him from here, two things are being achieved.

1) The profile of the man has been raised, he has been made a martyr.

2) The Government clearly don't trust the public to think for themselves.

I guess the government are fearful of fascist islam and dont want reprisals from muslims. and therefore consider it best to keep this dutch dude out of the country.

That reads almost like an admission that there are many fascist Islamists here, and they would be ready to take to the streets and cause mayhem?

Would that not then underscore what seems to be his point?

That reads almost like an admission that there are many fascist Islamists here, and they would be ready to take to the streets and cause mayhem?

Would that not then underscore what seems to be his point?

Yes it does underscore his point. In mosques across the country their bookshops are full of infidel hating propaganda and survey after survey show that the tacit support for terror tactics of Islamic jihadism are strong. You have to remember at all times when dealing with Muslims that they are instructed to lie and deceive the enemy, that is every non-Muslim. The Home Office banned him after concerns were raised by Muslim groups that sell Islamic hate in their mosques. There are good documentaries (Dispatches) on the sale of Muslim hate propaganda available on 4OD which will show you also that these so called moderate Muslims are anything but.

Yes it does underscore his point. In mosques across the country their bookshops are full of infidel hating propaganda and survey after survey show that the tacit support for terror tactics of Islamic jihadism are strong. You have to remember at all times when dealing with Muslims that they are instructed to lie and deceive the enemy, that is every non-Muslim. The Home Office banned him after concerns were raised by Muslim groups that sell Islamic hate in their mosques. There are good documentaries (Dispatches) on the sale of Muslim hate propaganda available on 4OD which will show you also that these so called moderate Muslims are anything but.

:rolleyes:

Muslims are taught to lie and cheat eh?
And no moderate muslims exist either huh???

Ah well... there is no point in keeping up appearences now....
Might as well come out and admit, Mr. Tao *cough*
I mean NewDawn figured us all out!!!

Now... unless you pay us 1 HUNDRED BILLION TRILLIAN DOLLARS!!!
We will blow up the white house, (err... or the british equivillent)!
No... screw it, we will blow up both the white house AND the
british equivilent... muhahahahahahaha

just make the check payable to "The Evil Muslims Inc."
and no post dating!!!

please & thankyou :)

Have to admit, I thought that some parts of ND's post were a touch strong, but hey, let the fella come back and defend his comments, I say.

*Btw - That is twice I have agreed with you today, so I am going to have a lie down*

:p

Kremlin!!! don't forget Kremlin brother!!!...I...got...the...detonator... :rolleyes:

@ Enlightenment

I know eh? This is wieeeerd (lol)

@ Farhan

Kremlin too eh?? Them boys still in bizzzness? .. ah well,
why not!!??! add em to the list!!!! (just to be on the safe side)
But we don't want no russian roubles! instead...
we demand that you bring back the Russian Reversal Jokes!

In Soviet Russia, computer types on you!

Steve is fine.

Tbh, I find all these usernames a bit silly.

So, Steve would be fine.

:)

I would think the UK can take any measures it feels necessary or appropriate to ensure security. I'm not sure it was warranted at this time. They may have more information than we do.

Despite efforts to get some traction for it by making it a headline in the Dutch media, the Dutch don't seem offended by the UK's decision: "I'm sure Mr Wilders is more than happy to play the victim of oppression, again. "

Generally speaking, the story doesn't seem to be generating much interest. But who knows, maybe somebody will sell a few newspapers with it.

:rolleyes:

Muslims are taught to lie and cheat eh?
And no moderate muslims exist either huh???

Ah well... there is no point in keeping up appearences now....
Might as well come out and admit, Mr. Tao *cough*
I mean NewDawn figured us all out!!!

Now... unless you pay us 1 HUNDRED BILLION TRILLIAN DOLLARS!!!
We will blow up the white house, (err... or the british equivillent)!

just make the check payable to "The Evil Muslims Inc."
and no post dating!!!

please & thankyou :)

Actually my own personal belief is that many Muslims that have experience of the freedoms we enjoy in the west secretly despise Islam and see it as a very poor alternative as a way of life. Especially the women. It is easy for them to resent the misogyny of Islam though.

As for BILLIONS OF DOLLARS, that is precisely what the Saudi budget for sowing infidel hatred in Muslims is. I have to admit that in some ways you are a moderate and openly acknowledge in some cases the abuses within your own religion. But how can I trust what you say when the Koran demands you lie to me to deceive the audience into complacency?

I would think the UK can take any measures it feels necessary or appropriate to ensure security. I'm not sure it was warranted at this time. They may have more information than we do.

Despite efforts to get some traction for it by making it a headline in the Dutch media, the Dutch don't seem offended by the UK's decision: "I'm sure Mr Wilders is more than happy to play the victim of oppression, again. "

Generally speaking, the story doesn't seem to be generating much interest. But who knows, maybe somebody will sell a few newspapers with it.

I am seeing this two ways.

I am going to make a guess, and say that Geert is probably like a polished Nick Griffin. He wears a suit, sounds respectable, and yet, there is a definite racist slant to what he says.

Do we really need any more of that type in the UK, for the knucklescrapers to rally around? I don't think so.

I seem to remember that Le Penn (France), was also once refused entry into the UK. Similar thing.

The problem is that in doing this, it can open up a real can of worms.

You could then have a situation where any nation could have someone denied entry, just because the Gov decided that they didn't happen to like something they had written or whatever.

Here's a question that I would like to offer out to any Muslims who post here.

Salman Rushdie.

Wrote a book, a novel, that had many Muslims proclaiming death threats etc aimed at him.

Do you denounce those actions entirely?

Yes?

Actually my own personal belief is that many Muslims that have experience of the freedoms we enjoy in the west secretly despise Islam and see it as a very poor alternative as a way of life. Especially the women. It is easy for them to resent the misogyny of Islam though.

As for BILLIONS OF DOLLARS, that is precisely what the Saudi budget for sowing infidel hatred in Muslims is. I have to admit that in some ways you are a moderate and openly acknowledge in some cases the abuses within your own religion. But how can I trust what you say when the Koran demands you lie to me to deceive the audience into complacency?

Does it?

Please show me.

Thanks

The Quran demands me to lie to you eh? (LOL)
Ahan... okay well then, I guess I have no choice
but to oblige:

Dude, I think you are the most intelligent person here,
I am simply in awe of your genius! No doubt you have read
the Quran in great detail and are qualified to comment on it.
I think everyone here should definitely take you for an authority
for what the Quran says. :)

Yet to see ANYTHING that either supports the claim or refutes it.

How about it fella's?

Anything concrete?

Thanks

Geert Wilders is either very brave of very stupid, as to which I am not not decided ;)

Yet to see ANYTHING that either supports the claim or refutes it.

Here are some verses to refute the idea the that Muslims are
advised to be treacherous in the Quran:

This verse shows how much importance the Quran gives to promises
with Non-Muslims. The Muslims are here told not to break their
treaties even if a friendly Muslim is being persecuted by a non-Muslim.
The context of this verse is the following: When Muslims left Makkah
(were driven out of their homes) and settled in Medinah, the new
Muslim state at Medinah became a refuge for all converts to Islam who
lived in hostile areas. But those new converts who could not leave their
homes and come to Medinah sought protection of the Muslim state.
This verse clearly states that the Muslims are not allowed to break their
treaties even with those non-Muslim tribes which are persecuting and
torturing Muslims, if they have a treaty with Muslims.

8:72
...As to those who believed but came not into exile, ye owe no duty
of protection to them until they come into exile; but if they seek your aid
in religion, it is your duty to help them, except against a people with whom
ye have a treaty of mutual alliance
. And (remember) Allah seeth all that ye
do.

This verse describes the enemies as those who always break
their treaties with Muslims. Implying that Muslims should not be
the ones to break treaties/promises as this is an evil trait:

8:56
They are those with whom thou didst make a covenant, but they break
their covenant every time
, and they have not the fear (of Allah).

This verse clearly says that God does not love the treacherous.
He only allows Muslims to go back on a treaty if the other side
acts with hostility first
(every rule book in political theory has
the same idea). The context for this is also important, the
non-Muslim tribes were gathering against the Prophet and they
made deceptive treaties with them in order to set up an ambush:

8:58
If thou fearest treachery from any group, throw back (their covenant) to
them, (so as to be) on equal terms: for Allah loveth not the treacherous.

These verses advise that Muslims should not take their enemies
as political protectors. i.e. should not rely on them for justice,
but only when they first have made war against them.

God forbids you not from dealing justly and lovingly with those who have
not fought you
on account of your religion or expelled you from your
homes. He prohibits you from taking as patrons only those who waged war
against you
on account of your religion, expelled you from your homes,
and aided one another to expel you. Whosoever takes them as patrons are
certainly wrongdoers.”

60:8-9.

Back