hallo to all the peoples here

Reaction score
I am new. My user name is Russian. It means God Protect Me, which I feel is a good thing for all to wish for, even if you have not a belief. I am a believer because it is part of my culture. We must always I think pay attention to the smartness of those who came before us, and also the smartness of those in the present and those who will come afterward us. It is for me not just ideas. I have knowledge of many other peoples who have different beliefs and if I was of their cultures, I would no doubt also share in their beliefs. Here is my 'user name'
put into 3 words for you: бог защищае тмен.

Welcome and hallo to you also!

I personally would rather rely on a more reliable source (me) to protect me, but yeah it takes all sorts.

You are a believer becaus it is your culture? Or because you wish for it to be so? Just curious....

Anyway enjoy your stay.

It is interesting that it is part of your culture after over a half century of gov't atheism!

Were all the closet Christians waiting for the wall to fall?

oh and welcome!

gday and welcome, um, i dont know what to cal you. LOL. My keyboard doesnt do russian. We have some here on interfaith that can speak many languages, so I hope you can converse with them as well. welcome again, Ruski.(no offence)

It was never wrong (against the laws) to have private religion in Russia. Only forbidden for spreading it beyond your self and your family. There was no wall to have to wait for it to fall. I think you may refer to the German wall in Berlin. Which is 2 countries away. Influenced I think like Canada and Australia might be USA sphere of influence.

Religion is part of culture is it not? Inseperable, as I have seen on USA money "In God We Trust". "One Nation Under God". And the presidents all saying about God at ending of speeches. And the Puritanical peoples from the Mayflower settling the USA in the history. Maybe I do not comprehend so well, as also I do not write English so properly.

Ваша английская язык превосходна поистине. :)
Ah true, but not everyone that uses that money with "in god we trust" trusts in god... But that's cool I was just curious just how you said it was your culture made it seem like you -had- to believe.

Can we have your username changed to English characters, please? It's currently playing havoc with the forum software. Feel free to sign up under an English name, and I'll both accounts merged under the English version.

Finally!! A Russian member!!! w00t!!

Can we have your username changed to English characters, please? It's currently playing havoc with the forum software.

Well, that's cuz: In Soviet Russia, language fails you!!!

(RR jokes ftw!!)

hello,
yes please make up a simple name for us, and l hope you stick around so as to improve your english [ it is not that bad!]:)

Religion is part of culture is it not? Inseperable, as I have seen on USA money "In God We Trust". "One Nation Under God". And the presidents all saying about God at ending of speeches.

Yeah, and it drives this American pretty crazy.

Deep breaths...

Deeeeep breaths.

BTW, I ran your username through Yahoo's Babel Fish text translator and got:

бог защищае тмен = god to [zashchishchae] of [tmen

I guess there are still a few bugs in the system.

Someday I may post in a Russian forum, in which case my Russian ability will make people laugh, but I am already working on the Russian alpha-bet. It is maybe not as hard as people said. One of my irrational fears would be getting kidnapped and deported to France with some 'Learn French' tapes. I just do not possess that talent.

Back