Thought of G!d

I wonder if to create also resembles the mind of God...

or if there is really any difference between real creativity and real healing.

... the only kind of thing in this world that resembles the thought of G!d.

I'd pick art.

(of course we can't know the mind of God... im just sayin', that's what makes sense to me)

art, creation... I like that.

I wonder if they picked healing as we heal naturally...cut in the skin heals... so anyone who assists healing... promotes healing... of physical, mental, emotional, spiritual wounds...

art, creation... I like that.

I'm not crazy about art.

It seems that so many artists (including me in my youth) are compelled to create out of a neurotic compulsion, not a connection with God.

The quieter my mind has become, the less I need to express myself creatively and the more I accept the creation before me as a work of art.

But of course, that is IMNSHO.

I'm not crazy about art.

It seems that so many artists (including me in my youth) are compelled to create out of a neurotic compulsion, not a connection with God.

The quieter my mind has become, the less I need to express myself creatively and the more I accept the creation before me as a work of art.

There is that, not being able to improve upon nature...but there is some outrageous art that as I see it nature could not provide, that takes my mind to another place, quite possibly not the place the artist had in mind...

I'm not crazy about art.

you lie

Red = Lie
Blue = Proof

(... IMNSHO ;))

There is that, not being able to improve upon nature...but there is some outrageous art that as I see it nature could not provide, that takes my mind to another place, quite possibly not the place the artist had in mind...

I believe art, at its highest potential, comes from divine inspiration seeking to elicit divine connection in others. This doesn't mean art has to be about God or the supernatural because the Divine is immanent throughout all creation. Expression of human emotion and intellect can be an expression of the divine connection as well. I don't see a natural/unnatural boundary... the art in nature provides divine inspiration to me, and its expression gives rise to the arts- to music, poetry, visual arts, and so forth.

It isn't about improving on nature, in my opinion, or even about self-expression, but rather about expressing connection to other living beings and to the Divine.

As such, it is healing work that seeks to heal the wounds that separate us from the Divine, from our deepest selves (which is to say, the Divine Being in us) and from all other beings. It also can bring great peace and joy.

But then, this is just my own experience and somewhat my beliefs stemming from Druidry. The arts are an integral part of spirituality in Druidic religion/path. A relationship to story-telling, poetry, song, and other arts is one of the first things most Druids learn... especially since we write our own rituals, whether solitary or in a group.

I believe art, at its highest potential, comes from divine inspiration seeking to elicit divine connection in others.

I think you could say that about almost anything "at its highest potential".

This is why the greatest artist ever described, imo, was the "Knight of Faith" by Kierkegaard... someone who has 'succeeded' in turning his life into a piece of art via a graceful synchronization. That is truly the highest expression of art: taking the mud of the mundane and molding it into the mona lisa.

btw, saying that art = revelation is the same as the following statement, which I find beautiful: "when fire and cotton are placed in contact, the cotton is burned directly by God rather than by the fire" I guess this is why the Knight of Faith can not truly said to have "succeeded" (as that implies an inherent ability on his part) ... Rather a better definition would be: he has been allowed to be that which he is... because he has been painted as such.

Back