The final Judgment

Gatekeeper

Shades of Reason
Reaction score
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

I believe Christ's throne is in the heart of man, and that He rules through love. The sheep represent those who follow Christ and His commandments to love God and our neighbors. The goats are those who refuse to follow His lead, and act in a manner contrary to those commands. Love rules the heart of the sheep, while the goats hearts have been hardened.

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

All the acts above stem from a heart filled with love for all men. We all represent Christ's body, so what we do to one in this life we do to Christ Himself.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

I believe that the everlasting fire represents an "age" (aionos) of purification (Christ baptizes with fire and with the Holy Spirit). He will purify the goats on the left, and they too will become righteous through His baptism (Cleansing). Malachi 3:2-3, Matthew 3:11

We will all stand before the judgment seat, but only the righteous (Those who allow Christ's love to reign in this life) will escape judgment. All others will be made to endure an age of purification where the "chaff" will be separated from the "wheat" and burned (Metaphorically speaking).

The chaff represents our hate, greed, envy, anger, desires for vengeance, lust, jealousies, etc. while the wheat represents that in us which is good and worth saving. All men will eventually be saved, but most will be subject to this process of purification.

(Many are called, but few are chosen)

And these shall go away into everlasting (Age of) punishment: but the righteousinto life eternal.

Matt 25:31-46 (KJV)

This is where I am leaning anyway - That Christ Saves All!

Care to start a discussion on the final judgment? (Matthew 25:31-46)

GK

Back