Ignorance Killed Jesus

soleil10

Reaction score
The people did not know who Jesus of Nazareth was. They did not know him as the Son of God. If they had clearly known him as the Son of God, they would not have crucified him.

John 1:1-1:"He came to his own home, and his own people received him not"
I Cor 2:8 ":None of the rulers of this age understood this; for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory"

If they had only know who he was, they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory. It was a mistake. It was ignorance and blindness that killed Jesus Christ.

If God's only purpose in sending His son was to have him nailed on the cross, then why would God spend so much time to prepare the people in the first place ?

It would have been much easier for God to send His son among the disbelievers, or even among the savages. They would have killed him more quickly and salvation would have come faster.

Namaste Soleil,
Is that you posting at Straight from Heaven Blog Archive or ie are you copying from here to there or there to here? I see a number of your thread starters there as well.
I just went over the threads I posted recently here during the last few weeks and put them on my own blog so I can keep them some place.

Thank you for watching over me.

Just questioning since I noticed you cut and paste from Unification's site you need to be aware it is not only inappropriate and dishonest but legally questionable.

Why do you assume the "savages" would have killed him sooner? Pretty big assumption that Rome was the "civilized" ones and other peoples were "savages," if you ask me. Kind of prejudiced, isn't it?

Why do you assume the "savages" would have killed him sooner? Pretty big assumption that Rome was the "civilized" ones and other peoples were "savages," if you ask me. Kind of prejudiced, isn't it?
What I meant is that God prepared a whole nation over many, many years that he named "Israel" to received and believe in Jesus. There was a lot of preparation to receive Jesus.
The Roman Empire would have allowed Jesus to reach the world very quickly.
Actually after Jesus's death God Providence went West toward Europe after Rome fell.

I also think it strange that you think the wrongness of killing him is because he had big-shot connections.

If God's only purpose in sending His son was to have him nailed on the cross, then why would God spend so much time to prepare the people in the first place ?
So they might understand the meaning and purpose of His sacrifice, which you patently do not.

As Christ Himself preached that He had come to be crucified, and referred to His crucifixion as 'the hour of His glory' it would seem He and the sacred scribes have a better idea of what their plan was than you do.

As St Paul said, no death, no resurrection; no resurrection, then your faith is in vain.

Why the Cross is part and parcel of the Mystery of Christ.

Thomas

He came to die. He was born among and taught among the Israelites so that he could show them a new way. He came teaching the rule of love to replace their love of rules.

If he hadn't died... well no Christianity then. History would have been radically different. It is amazing to see the effect that one man had on the world. Simply by dying. Almost, dare I say it...miraculous... :)

He came to die. He was born among and taught among the Israelites so that he could show them a new way. He came teaching the rule of love to replace their love of rules.
Immortality, Jesus came to establish the KOG on earth. The cross was a new providence based on the rejection of Jesus by the people of his time.

If he hadn't died... well no Christianity then. History would have been radically different. It is amazing to see the effect that one man had on the world. Simply by dying. Almost, dare I say it...miraculous... :)
If Jesus had not been rejected and killed but received as the Messiah, he could have started and established the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth right here and there.
The world would be very different today.

What I meant is that God prepared a whole nation over many, many years that he named "Israel" to received and believe in Jesus. There was a lot of preparation to receive Jesus.

So you think the whole purpose of the Jews was to receive and believe in Jesus. I would say that's pretty offensive to the Jews.

The Roman Empire would have allowed Jesus to reach the world very quickly.

Do you have a crystal ball?

The Romans killed Jesus, so I fail to see how they were bringing His message to the world. :rolleyes: If Jesus had gone with the status quo and not been such a sociopolitical radical, maybe. But he didn't.

Actually after Jesus's death God Providence went West toward Europe after Rome fell.

I have no idea what you're talking about. There were early Christians in Ethiopia, the Middle East, and the Mediterranean. Eventually, at the hands of Roman soldiers seeking to conquer people through force, it reached most of Europe.

Personally, I don't think God's Providence was to kill people at the hands of the Roman Empire so that they'd become Christian.

I think God is good at making lemonade from our lemons.

So you think the whole purpose of the Jews was to receive and believe in Jesus. I would say that's pretty offensive to the Jews.
I do not know what you mean by "whole purpose"

Do you have a crystal ball?
Rome was the dominant power of the time.

The Romans killed Jesus, so I fail to see how they were bringing His message to the world. :rolleyes: If Jesus had gone with the status quo and not been such a sociopolitical radical, maybe. But he didn't.
If they had received Jesus, they would have

I have no idea what you're talking about. There were early Christians in Ethiopia, the Middle East, and the Mediterranean. Eventually, at the hands of Roman soldiers seeking to conquer people through force, it reached most of Europe.
Christianity went toward western Europe (France etc) then to England and later to America which became the most proeminant nation and the new Rome

Personally, I don't think God's Providence was to kill people at the hands of the Roman Empire so that they'd become Christian.
Obviously not

I think God is good at making lemonade from our lemons.
?

Immortality, Jesus came to establish the KOG on earth. The cross was a new providence based on the rejection of Jesus by the people of his time.

Well, I tend to disagree.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law -
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
Matthew 10:34-36

He came to deliver a message to the people of Israel specifically.

24(C)Jesus got up and went away from there to the region of (D)Tyre[a]. And when He had entered a house, He wanted no one to know of it; yet He could not escape notice. 25But after hearing of Him, a woman whose little daughter had an unclean spirit immediately came and fell at His feet.
26Now the woman was a [b]Gentile, of the Syrophoenician race. And she kept asking Him to cast the demon out of her daughter.
27And He was saying to her, "Let the children be satisfied first, for it is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs."
28But she answered and said to Him, "Yes, Lord, but even the dogs under the table feed on the children's crumbs."
29And He said to her, "Because of this answer go; the demon has gone out of your daughter."
30And going back to her home, she found the child lying on the bed, the demon having left.

Mark 7:24-30

The children are the Israelites. They were to be preached to and healed first, because they were the priority for his teachings. They were the ones his words were meant to affect.

He speaks of his death many times to his disciples. It was part of the plan from the beginning.

If Jesus had not been rejected and killed but received as the Messiah, he could have started and established the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth right here and there.
The world would be very different today.

But he didn't. He knew that he wouldn't. He wasn't meant to and he condemns peter for suggesting that he would. There was a way that things were supposed to go. And that's the way they went.

Things went as they were supposed to.

Well, I tend to disagree.
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law -36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' Matthew 10:34-36
Absolutely, as fallen man, we have to separate ourselves from our satanic lineage and be reborn

He came to deliver a message to the people of Israel specifically.The children are the Israelites. They were to be preached to and healed first, because they were the priority for his teachings. They were the ones his words were meant to affect.
Absolutely, they were the chosen nation. They were prepared to receive Jesus first.
He speaks of his death many times to his disciples. It was part of the plan from the beginning. But he didn't. He knew that he wouldn't. He wasn't meant to and he condemns peter for suggesting that he would. There was a way that things were supposed to go. And that's the way they went.
He did not speak about his death initially but proclaiming the
Kingdom is at hand, repent. He changed course later on when there was so much rejection and persecution. Plan B was confirmed at Gethsemane: The path of the cross

Things went as they were supposed to.
No from the initial will but yes when the course of the cross came upon him

Jesus was a failed messiah.
He came to bring restoration to the Jewish people who were slowly falling away from the line of worship that G*d had set down for them.
Right after (or soon after) his death (as his message wasn't well received) what happens?
The freaking temple is destroyed.
:eek:Destroyed:eek:
This is said (in the Torah) to only be possible if the people fall away from the proper worship of Hashem.
So that speaks volumes right there.
Obviously the people had strayed and now they were going to be punished and have all the bad things (aforementioned in the Book) happen to them that they were warned about.
This we have seen through history.
So a sad tale it is.
But it can have a happy resolution.....if we want it to.

Jesus was a failed messiah.
He came to bring restoration to the Jewish people who were slowly falling away from the line of worship that G*d had set down for them.
Right after (or soon after) his death (as his message wasn't well received) what happens?
The freaking temple is destroyed.
:eek:Destroyed:eek:
This is said (in the Torah) to only be possible if the people fall away from the proper worship of Hashem.
So that speaks volumes right there.
Obviously the people had strayed and now they were going to be punished and have all the bad things (aforementioned in the Book) happen to them that they were warned about.
This we have seen through history.
So a sad tale it is.
But it can have a happy resolution.....if we want it to.
People (we) failed Jesus. Jesus himself did not fail. That is a very important point

I don't think anyone failed. But only because nothing ever does. God never messes stuff up, and we are one of his creations. Everything that happens is what is supposed to happen because it's what does happen. Maybe in some parallel universe Jesus wasn't crucified. But here he was. And I trust that he was because that was what needed to happen to assure the future that God wanted.

...But only because nothing ever does. ..... And I trust that he was because that was what needed to happen to assure the future that God wanted.
I just think that the end is determined but the how and way is in question...

ie: we will all return to G!d eventually...in reality we are already there...we just don't know it...but heaven is inevitable...the knowing that is.

Back