what the **** is up with this?????

shawn

Reaction score
More than 1,820 tons:eek::eek::eek::mad: of radio active nuclear waste uranium (DU) were exploded into Iraq alone in the form of armor piercing rounds and bunker busters, representing the worlds worst man made ecological disaster ever.
For contrast, only 64 kg of uranium were used in the Hiroshima bomb.

THE U.S. IRAQ NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST REPRESENTS FAR MORE THAN FOURTEEN THOUSAND HIROSHIMA'S.

The nuclear waste the U.S. has exploded into the Middle East will continue killing for billions of years and can wipe out more than a third of life on earth.
Gulf War Veterans who have ingested the uranium will continue to die off over a number of years.
So far more than one million people have been slaughtered in the illegal invasion of Iraqi by the U.S. Birth defects are up 600% in Iraq - the same will apply to U.S. Veterans.

And where is the world outrage?????
WTF is up with this.
This is just too bizarre.

Don't eat any food or beverage imports from that part of the world, that is for sure.

Please provide original link to this story.

How many indeed?!

Attachments

• howmany.jpg
    howmany.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 330

This is not a reliable source. They report 73k deaths vs. 4k here:

Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So there is huge uncertainty in the reported amount of nuclear waste used.

Also, this is not a new story, even the old link you found is from 2007.

Having said that, I remember when the story originally came out and I do share concerns about use of nuclear waste in war time. I wonder if this is a violation of International Humanitarian Laws ? Anyone know what is the statute of limitations on arresting Bush ? Now that we have gotten rid of public enemy #1 (Sarah Palin) I would like to see the Justice Dept. go after Bush.

The numbers game m8. they count only certain casualties and the rest are not counted due to a stupid technicality.
I don't know for certain as I don't keep up with the whole thing, but it can be argued and I wouldn't be surprised if these numbers were correct.
They have used a lot of DU and I have heard fro other sources that the radioactivity from it is nothing to be ignored or downplayed.

How about you go there with a geiger counter and find out, OK?
(Location: In the Israeli desert)
You are not too far.

This is not a reliable source. They report 73k deaths vs. 4k here:

Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So there is huge uncertainty in the reported amount of nuclear waste used.

Also, this is not a new story, even the old link you found is from 2007.

Having said that, I remember when the story originally came out and I do share concerns about use of nuclear waste in war time. I wonder if this is a violation of International Humanitarian Laws ? Anyone know what is the statute of limitations on arresting Bush ? Now that we have gotten rid of public enemy #1 (Sarah Palin) I would like to see the Justice Dept. go after Bush.

We covered this story here a year or more ago and the figures, off the top my head, look about right. Certainly the use of depleted uranium munitions has taken place on a massive scale and its health effects on the civilian population are obvious in a massive increase in birth defects.
There is nothing, and has been nothing, to bring cheer and optimism to politics. A trial of Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and their cronies would totally undermine my pessimism. However I do not think the US has the stomach for such introspection. A real 9/11 inquiry is what is needed to wake America up to the sheer scale of elite impunity that exists over there. I would love to see Tony Blair, Gordon Brown amongst others in the the dock too. Perhaps under an International War Crimes Tribunal. Aint gona happen tho...

However I do not think the US has the stomach for such introspection.

The political scene in the U.S. is worse than ever. Even though liberals control the House, the Senate and the Presidency, they've still been utterly ineffective at pushing through any meaningful legislation or countering the conservative "spin" machine. Real political debate is non-existent. The right has turned lying into an art form and the media is virtually useless.

Don't let go of your pessimism Tao. I see no reason for hope. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get some breakfast... a nice bowl of Prozac and scotch.

The political scene in the U.S. is worse than ever. Even though liberals control the House, the Senate and the Presidency, they've still been utterly ineffective at pushing through any meaningful legislation or countering the conservative "spin" machine. Real political debate is non-existent. The right has turned lying into an art form and the media is virtually useless.

It's not as bad as that CZ, you have to give Obama a little time. He is starting to gain some momentum on health care. I believe pretty soon we are going to see changes related to pre-existing conditions. What a crock that whole thing is. The companies don't have to pay because someone was previously insured by another carrier ?? Nonsense.

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed the beerfest at the White House with Gates and Crowley. It was a teaching moment. :) During his first term the focus will be on racial healing. This is badly needed after Bush.

I see positive signs in the economy (don't invest in stocks yet though !!) it looks like we are bottoming out, but it will take time. The keys here are fixing our banking system and auto sector. I wish we had some real world class minds working on this. Right now the approach to banking is to just shut down lending. That will not work. I don't think Geitner has the brainpower, but lets hope he has some top minds behind the scene. Acually, just going back to 1980's lending practices would be an improvement over what we had until last summer.

It's not as bad as that CZ...

Your rose-colored glasses are obscuring your view.

Obama has shown himself to be too weak in confronting out-and-out conservative lies (Death Panels?!) and has lost the momentum and focus of the health care debate. What should have been a single-payer plan, now will probably not even include a public option and will only result in some watered-down "reform" that changes little of our existing system.

Meanwhile Climate Change is a forgotten issue, and the health care debate gives us a clue as to what we can expect if he tries to do anything meaningful regarding that. The right punches hard and often below the belt. Obama must start fighting back some ferocity or else his messages will continue to go unheard over all of the shouting.

Lastly, Obama shows no inclination to address the obscene amount of spending on the military. He is providing no vision for a new and better future, only repeating the same tired and destructive tactics that have led us to the sorry state our country is in.

These aren't issues that can wait for a second term, or even second year. These are issues that needed to be talked about and addressed from the moment he took office. Obama must LEAD! He needs to knock some heads together, take the reins and turn this country in the right direction. I'm quickly losing hope that he's capable of doing that.

Namaste CZ,

I also say give the guy a little break. Whilst I also hear your issues and have similar ones of my own. The fact of the matter is our federal gov't is a machine and a big machine...and it turns slower than an aircraft carrier in sludge.

When any president gets elected those first few meetings turn their hair grayer, and add to their blood pressure and decrease the amount of rem sleep they can attain. Then after the innauguration, as if they hadn't heard enough in the transition briefings they are given the real lowdown.... and then they have to meet with congress and the senate and find out how tough it will be to get any reform passed...as they are all conservative when it comes to the potential of affecting their re-election liklihoods...

so with all that baggage, there is just some things that can't be done. some changes that can't be made...and they'll be picking and choosing what they are doing...

however...if there is any stirring towards going after the old guard....expect a pardon... he can't get around it. (his head will be in the next noose if he doesn't)

war spending and afganistan....the poor guy inherited Iraq and Afgan...two loosing propisitions...nobody wins in either....

The economy...I think it is improving...anything to do with Obama policies....I don't think so...just the typical yo yo...

I hope the best for the man...didn't vote for him (being the third party guy I am) but I will currently support him...until he does something that irks me to no end...currently I don't anticipate it.

CZ said:
Obama has shown himself to be too weak in confronting out-and-out conservative lies (Death Panels?!) and has lost the momentum and focus of the health care debate. What should have been a single-payer plan, now will probably not even include a public option and will only result in some watered-down "reform" that changes little of our existing system.
Lastly, Obama shows no inclination to address the obscene amount of spending on the military. He is providing no vision for a new and better future, only repeating the same tired and destructive tactics that have led us to the sorry state our country is in.
By saying Obama is weak, you are making excuses for the Democratic congress. "Give Obama more time" I'll agree with; but a presidents real positive power is to restrict the legislature. Everything a president does mostly works by destructive means: veto, war, and lobbying. They are the destructive branch. You could say Obama is doing a good job holding back the evil forces of the opposing party, but that is all.

Admit it: if nothing is happening, then the democratic senate and house are not doing much different than the republican senate and house did. It means everything is pretty much the same as before the election, and I'm sure that is frustrating for the president. It is frustrating for a lot of people, so why not be open about it.

I agree with Dream. Obama does seem grayer more these days and his smile lines are turning upside down. I am so tired of the idiots in Congress who only care about appeasing their ill informed constituents (look at the circus the town hall meetings are and you will see how easily the average American can be manipulated to believe that lies are truth); and of course, courting special interests is a full time butt kissing job. Campaign finance reform ie getting rid of all professional lobbyists and term limits are the only ways to stop the madness but that ain't gonna happen either. Meanwhile back at the ranch, Bush is hiding while Cheney plans to reveal all in his memoirs. :rolleyes:

Admit it: if nothing is happening, then the democratic senate and house are not doing much different than the republican senate and house did. It means everything is pretty much the same as before the election, and I'm sure that is frustrating for the president. It is frustrating for a lot of people, so why not be open about it.

Thank you Janz.

What I'm missing from Obama is VISION and LEADERSHIP.

Sure legislators bog things down in the process, but why ISN'T our president leading this?

People aren't going to listen to Nancy Pelosi or Harry Reid. They might listen to Obama. But he needs to speak in terms that sway them. he needs to DIRECTLY confront the lies that the right puts forth and CALL THEM LIES!

I hear some people say that Obama is playing chess, while others are playing checkers. But the game that the public understands isn't as subtle as that. It's time for Obama to speak in terms that the people understand. It's time that he fulfill his promise to CHANGE the countries direction. It's time to take on Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich and the NO-nuthin' republicans.

I think the country would get behind him... if only Obama could find the courage.

Oh btw, Obama is speaking out against the rhetoric and lies about death panels, gov't ruled health care etc. It is just these speeches aren't making the news...

We must remember the news stations despite leaning left are funded by the commercial money from big business and in a recession every dollar counts, don't piss off the hand that feeds ya...

Oh btw, Obama is speaking out against the rhetoric and lies about death panels, gov't ruled health care etc. It is just these speeches aren't making the news...

Are you telling me that the president of the United States can not get his message out?

Who's fault is that? The NEWZ?!

Do you really think it would be hard for the president to get news coverage?

Here's a headline the news would LOVE to cover...

"President calls Palin, Limbaugh and GOP leaders liars, and challenges them to show where legislation calls for "death panels".

Of course that would require something called "huevos"... something Obama has shown scant evidence of.

CNN is covering all his speeches and here is a copy of the exchange with Randy the Welder. I thought it was inspiring to see the President out and about interacting with the people. Good stuff!!

RealClearPolitics - Politics Nation - Move Over, Joe The Plumber: Meet Randy The Welder

Did anyone see this..it was a great interview!!
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/politics_nation/2009/08/icymi_obamas_new_homeboy.html

The President responds:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/15/obama-weekly-address-accu_n_260311.html

And yes, God does answer my prayers!! Focus is losing money as donations decline. The plus side of a recession. har har har!!

Focus on the Family, James Dobson's anti-LGBT empire and the largest organization in the religious right, announced earlier this week that it would be selling off its ex-gay therapy program called "Love Won Out." The organization says it's part of an effort to downsize in the wake of record profit losses of nearly $6 million. The news comes days after the nation's largest psychological organization released a report condemning ex-gay therapies
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/14/focus-on-the-family-drops_n_260064.html

I agree with Dream. Obama does seem grayer more these days and his smile lines are turning upside down. I am so tired of the idiots in Congress who only care about appeasing their ill informed constituents (look at the circus the town hall meetings are and you will see how easily the average American can be manipulated to believe that lies are truth); and of course, courting special interests is a full time butt kissing job. Campaign finance reform ie getting rid of all professional lobbyists and term limits are the only ways to stop the madness but that ain't gonna happen either. Meanwhile back at the ranch, Bush is hiding while Cheney plans to reveal all in his memoirs. :rolleyes:

Janz, do not let the pessimism get to you. As liberals we have to look to the long run for positive change. I am seeing some very positive developments on the Democratic side.

Hillary Clinton is becoming very professional in her approach. Her move to Secretary of State is a real positive for her. It gives her the international experience that she needed. She was also stuck in the Senate with not enough experience to progress. Her speaking skills and policy understanding are increasing each day. She will be a real contender in '16.

I am also a fan of Caroline Kennedy. She has the intelligence but no experience on the public scene. She is also improving. I saw her give a speech on CNN the other day, and it was much better.

We have to keep in mind that the disaster that Bush handed Obama is not easily solved in eight years, much less likely in four years. Obama will have done a great job if he keeps us out of a depression. And if he can get some of the troops out of Iraq and Afganistan, he will be doing great.

CZ, please do not let Rush Limbaugh set the agenda for Obama and the Dems. They will try to do that but we must not react, it would be falling into their trap. It takes time to re-build a destroyed country.

CZ, please do not let Rush Limbaugh set the agenda for Obama and the Dems. They will try to do that but we must not react, it would be falling into their trap. It takes time to re-build a destroyed country.

Avi, the agenda HAS been set for the last twenty-five years. Where have you been?

We must not react? It would be falling into their trap? HAH!

They're COUNTING on you to be high-minded... to be like Harry Reid and seek "bipartisan solutions" while they know how to attack, outflank and undermine.

You keep believing that this is some sort of civilized discussion... and you'll play right into their hands. I see this as a dog fight and it's time we started biting back.

Back