Maytreia is here?

Discussion in 'Buddhism' started by etapasvi, Dec 7, 2009.

1. etapasvi

etapasvi New Member

Ram Bahadur Bomjan is meditating without food or water from May 16, 2005 under a tree in Nepal and plans to continue for 6 years:

etapasvi.com/en/video/show/id/33/title/ram-bahadur-bomjans-childhood-the-meditating-buddha-boy-from-nepal

Is he Maytreia?

2. shawn

shawn New Member

Maybe just leave him be and see how things turn out.
    Cream always rises to the top.

3. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

4. Ahanu

Ahanu Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be as suspicious if his family wasn't making money off the Buddha Boy. There's a documentary of it on Youtube. I colored what I find to be amazing (if it is true).

5. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

If you read the wiki article it is definite of one thing...

the part you DIDN'T highlight is not true. He has not been sitting under a tree for the past 4 years...he's moved from a tree to the woods to a bunker and has said he is living off herbs... a discovery channel documentary DID verify him not eating or drinking or moving once for 4 days...impressive enough!

6. shawn

shawn New Member

The pictures I saw show a rather stocky young man, which is not what I would expect from a breath-arian.
    So either the herbs in the woods are really nutritious or he is getting some help or he is tapped into a real powerful circuit of spirituality.
    Who knows.
    Time will tell.

7. Vajradhara

Vajradhara One of Many

Namaste all,

no, Maitreya is not here. not a single condition on this world system meets the conditions set down in the Sutra regarding the arising of the next Buddha, most significantly of which is that the knowledge of the Dharma has not passed out of this world system and humanity does not enjoy a lifespan of exceedingly long years... think in the thousands.

many beings have laid claim to being Maitreya over the years, even the erstwhile Lafayette Ron Hubbard the inventor of $cientology.

if one is going to accept the idea that a Buddha will arise again in a world system based upon a prophecy (though that is not a particularly good word to use in this case, it shall suffice) it makes absolutely no sense to ignore the actual prophecy.

metta,

~v

8. etapasvi

etapasvi New Member

The story of an eyewitness:
    etapasvi.com/en/news/show/id/42/title/opinion-the-next-buddha

9. citizenzen

citizenzen Custom User Title

Whether he is the Buddha or not, what would that change in your life? Buddhists are not "saved" by Buddha. Each person is still responsible for their own enlightenment.

My suggestion: concern yourself less about him. Concern yourself more about you.

10. Qi1

Qi1 New Member

I prefer to view this from an allegorical perspective, in that light it is quite an interesting development.

11. Vajradhara

Vajradhara One of Many

Namaste citizenzen,

thank you for the post.

i think that your point is straight on.

personally, i think that such fascination is just part of human nature and is harmless in an of itself.... however i have a distinct impression that many beings have a view of the Buddha which is inconsistent with the view portrayed in the Suttas and consequently come to some very strange conclusions about what Buddhas do.

perhaps it could be seen to validate the elevated status which the Buddha is accorded, sort of like Jesus' miracles or something akin to that, which could be beneficial for some beings that are just getting started on the path though i think there are far easier and more practical ways in which to put the teachings to the test.

how's that old phrase... much ado about nothing?

metta,

~v

12. iBrian

iBrian Peace, Love and Unity Admin

etapasvi, can you stop self-promoting please? We're a discussion forum, not a place to seed viral marketing, thanks.

13. citizenzen

citizenzen Custom User Title

It's pretty easy to ignore. ;)