Jesus in your Gun Sight

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by citizenzen, Jan 22, 2010.

1. citizenzen

citizenzen Custom User Title

An unholy mix of religion, government and war...

[youtube]hDN_StEX-hs&feature[/youtube]

Someone please remind me why I'm supposed to be worried about Muslims.

The Christians are scary enough.

2. Vajradhara

Vajradhara One of Many

nothing like monotheists with weapons to give everyone pause ;)

3. shawn

shawn New Member

What's next..............a bobble-head Jesus for the hummer dashboards.........sheesh.
    Crazy.

4. Dream

Dream New Member

What is next? The Gideon Bazooka.

Yeah it is weird that this was inscribed on the gun sight. It doesn't really matter though.

5. shawn

shawn New Member

Agreed......it matters not.
    The Roman troops were big on Mithra worship.
    Didn't seem to help the Empire in the end, but perhaps it helped sustain it for a bit longer.

6. nativeastral

nativeastral fluffy future

Surely it will matter when those Afghanis realise it is a Christian reference; another reason for the Taliban to influence their home base ?

7. shawn

shawn New Member

They could always stamp or engrave little Koran references into their weapons..........right?
    These things just incite prejudice and pit one group against another, yet the groups being played thusly do not seem to realize that they are indeed being played.

8. nativeastral

I think the Afghanis have realised they are being played for a very long time. Maybe all gun manufacturers have coded ref's inscribed on them!

9. wil

wil UNeyeR1

..."Trijicon has proudly served the U.S. military for more than two decades, and our decision to offer to voluntarily remove these references is both prudent and appropriate," said Stephen Bindon, Trijicon president and CEO in a statement. "We want to thank the Department of Defense for the opportunity to work with them and will move as quickly as possible to provide the modification kits for deployment overseas." ...

10. 17th Angel

17th Angel לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

You need a reason???

Yay... It's like a modern crusade... How glorious. SMITE the eastern heathen dogs! :D Your god will reward you with cookies.

hehe! I has six bobble headed storm troopers on my dash board :D What's next? How about a game?!

http://www.gamgea.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/halo-3.jpg

It's payback time! :D

11. NiceCupOfTea

NiceCupOfTea Pathetic earthlings

This both crazy and scary :eek:

12. immortalitylost

immortalitylost Say Meow.

Divine cookies! I knew my faithfulness would be rewarded! Yumyumyumyumyum! Praise the almighty chocolate chips! :p

13. Dream

Dream New Member

Muslim tribes in Afhan recognize Christian scripture to some degree, and it is only a reference not a direct quotation. There is a big difference! In fact, the Afghans do not know whether this reference might actually convert soldiers to Islam. I am sure that Muslims or Christians looking at the gun sights would see a similarity to a reference, but looks more like an assembly code of some sort. It is not at all obvious looking. There is no cross or symbol of any kind. It is also clear that the company involved was sneaking these references into the gun assemblies without people knowing about it, and Afghans will take this into consideration.

14. Shergar

Shergar Interfaith Forums

15. wil

wil UNeyeR1

I think the issue is as this is publicized on their side it will be utilized as a tool to incite...

Same as we when a suicide bomber praises allah as he detonates...our media uses that to rile us up. It is just stupid to play into their hands.

The average guy on the street doesn't have to know, he will be told...

16. shawn

shawn New Member

The guy has made a fair pile of money selling these things as well.
    But, dowsing does work.
    I have seen it on my grandfathers farm where he spent a day walking about with a fellow who marked the spot to dig and how deep and he was spot on.
    I know there is lots of skepticism and this is looked at as stupid by many, but it is hard to refute when it gets results.
    I think I would draw the line at dowsing for bombs though.

17. Dream

Dream New Member

I do not believe it would work as a tool on Afghans, who understand the psychology of war in a very personal way. I am encouraged by the one actual Afghan I have worked with and also by those living in Afghanistan that I've seen on TV. I get the impression they are informed about the politics that affect their tribes. They understand the madness that comes with war from decades of being under attack. They understand that young men are impressionable. They will therefore understand how the verse reference got put onto the guns. Probably they will see it as a good thing.

18. Shergar

Shergar Interfaith Forums

My father in law was a geologist who spent his career working for the UN. He once explained to me how the ground holds a water table. To cut to the chase, it would be spectacular if dowsing failed to find water, not the other way round. Try it for yourself. Go out, dig a hole and it will fill with water when you reach the water table. It is called a table remember. Not a water point. Dowsing is no mystery. It works because there is virtually nowhere to dig that you will not find water if you are willing to keep digging. Combine that knowledge with basic common sense, like digging in a dip rather than a crest, and anyone can make a successful career as a dowser.

19. nativeastral

20. Dream

Dream New Member

Oh, its inappropriate for certain! I agree, and I agree that people not actually living in Afghanistan could blow the issue out of proportion; but my money is on the Afghani commoners in this one. They have already seen this. I don't know what will happen of course, but I just think the mistake is being handled. I think its reasonable to expect a reasonable response.