France "Leads the Way"!

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Dogbrain, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Dogbrain

Dogbrain New Member

Ah, France, first you dally with Le Pen, and now your lower house has voted to ban face scarves on women. Truly you are the nation of Gobineau.

(Putzes)

2. 17th Angel

17th Angel לבעוט את התחת ולקחת שמות

Awesome country! May many many more follow their footsteps they have been known to have no spine... But they have exceed in courage here and it is awesome, I hope Britain finds it's backbone and throws away this PC bs.... And follows suit.

Well done France, good victory today.

3. Dogbrain

Dogbrain New Member

That was exquisite. That was one of the best pieces of stone-faced, sarcastic satire I've seen for some time.

Or, at least, I hope it was.

4. 17th Angel

5. citizenzen

citizenzen Custom User Title

If I harm a cloth in America, people become outraged and angry.

If I wear a cloth in Britain, people do the same.

The power in a piece of fabric is truly amazing.

6. 17th Angel

It's what is symbolises.. It's not the cloth itself that holds some "magic powers".

7. China Cat Sunflower

China Cat Sunflower Nimrod

It's a good first step. One can only hope that the focus now shifts to ugly shoes and armpit hair.

Chris

8. 17th Angel

And appropriate sized clothing for the "larger" of our kind.. That should of been enforced along time ago. Specially over the summer period it can be... Quite gastly.

9. China Cat Sunflower

Yes. An outright ban on midi tops and belly button rings for anyone without a flat belly or over the age of 23 would be a logical next step.

Chris

10. China Cat Sunflower

Oh, and all lower back "tramp stamp" tattoos must incorporate an obvious "place thumbs here" guide within their design to aid the drunk and nearsighted.

Chris

11. Bhaktajan II

Bhaktajan II Hare Krishna Yogi

This lady wears no hair covering!

[​IMG]

12. Bhaktajan II

Bhaktajan II Hare Krishna Yogi

Bhaktajan's suggestion of the Millennium:

Hey guys! On your way home today ---buy the women in your life a tiara for them to wear.
    Wheater Plastic or with real jewels or a matching set of a 12 copies ---just give them out like candy ---your gal, your sister, your mom, the bag-lady on the corner, the meter-maid, your secretary:
    [​IMG]

13. 17th Angel

Chris: That is a great plan. We should get this in action.

bhaktajan: Your first post..... That was awesome.

14. PsychedelicDragon

PsychedelicDragon Master Psychonaut

17th Angel, not very familiar with freedom of expression, are you? While you may disagree with wearing scarves or whatever, you have no right telling other people what to do or how to dress. Would you like it if I restricted what wanted to wear? How is banning headscarfs any different than when the nazis banned anything jewish? It's amazing how many people will claim to be for freedom and democracy while supporting fascist laws that they claim to be as part of a democratic system.

France has always had a difficulty respecting religious freedoms, so I'm not really that surprised. I have personally nothing against France more than any other country though. Prohibitions on islamic life occurs in many other countries in the region (Netherlands, Italy, ect.) not just France.

15. 17th Angel

Freedom of what now? What I am concerned about is; I am begining to not be familiar with, is my country.

Burqas.

Would I like if it; You restricted what wanted to wear? In the quiet words of Mary.... Come again?

I have no right to tell others how to dress? So I could... Wear nothing? That is ok? I could walk around in a Hitler costume? That ok? A Klansmen robe? One of Borat's thong suits, wear that to work? That will be cool right? Or I could emulate these muslims.... Wear a balaclava everywhere I go... Not because I am an inferior woman... Or not because I want to divide myself from the populace.... Just for giggles. That cool?

There is freedom... Then there is taking the piss.

Burqas.

Because it is. I am not Looking to gas all the muslims... Heh, I just want them to fit in and adapt and respect this country and it's ways.. You want to wear that go back to the east keep that crap there... And take your arab road signs with you.

And speaking of the east.... They would... Do treat us much worse... Why not go whine and cry at them.

I haven't claimed any of that... So put that in your freaking pipe and smoke it. ;D

And get used to it :) Just the start. islam is becoming a very unpopular religion with most nations, and I can't blame them.

16. Dogbrain

Dogbrain New Member

Wear whatever the hell you want. So long as it's not an irresponsibly handled weapon, I could not care less. Yes, that includes a man-thong or even nothing but a smile. It includes a Sexy Hitler French Maid costume, for all I care.

Go ahead and do it.

17. China Cat Sunflower

There you go! Some women should wear a bag over their head. Preferably plastic. On second thought, make that unisex.

France, and Europe in general has a real problem with the ghettoization of immigrants. The solution is equalization of opportunity. You can't open immigration to bring in cheap labor in order to undercut the indigenous working class, and then expect cultural homogenization to occur within a generation. It takes a traditional, extended family structure for these people to survive. That reinforces "old country" values, and effectively prevents assimilation. What's happening is a propaganda effort to use ethnocentrism to divert the anger of the working class away from a political apparatus that seeks to undercut it's economic viability by importing immigrants to dilute it's wage earning ability. The same thing is happening in the US, although the particulars are different.

Chris