9/11 Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by NiceCupOfTea, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Diagoras

Diagoras Interfaith Forums

I agree with the application of Occam's Razor. But disagree with you where it should fall. Given the multiplicity of evidence that I have looked at, most of it official government documents, the conspiracy is the simplest explanation. It is the only reasonable explanation.

2. c0de

c0de Vassal

How can you say that, when all the basic arguments that support conspiracies can not stand on their own? The case of the pentagon being hit with a missile instead of a jet has been conclusively refuted. The controlled demolition of the WTC buildings also has been scientifically explained and discussed, even in popular mechanics.

3. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

And they have been debunked by those who brought the disaster into being.
    Nothing like letting the criminal conduct the investigation.

What is bizarre is the fact that some, who have nothing to gain and in fact much to lose by defending those who obviously had something to do with it are actually actively defending these criminals.
    It is truly pathetic.

4. Joedjr

Joedjr A Sometimes Member

Bumped into another link today. It runs a bit long, interesting though. There is no shortage of this type of video available out there, one could spend months viewing all the footage for and against the official "story". This thread had sparked my interest again in the subject, hence my few posts, but I think that will be it. In the end, each individual has to make up their own mind on what the evidence is showing them.

5. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

The really weird thing is that those who question what has happened due to the evidence they have seen are typically attacked by others who act like they are jesuits who have caught a witch.
    Like the global warming crowd who call others who don't hold the exact same belief, deniers.

This kind of thinking and behavior is not scientific at all.
    It is narrow-minded and opinionated, and seeks to bully others into adopting the same stance.
    See ms c0de's posts for some good examples)

The scientific mind is objective and accepts that while one theory may be dominant today, it may be disproved tomorrow and so emotional attachments need to be kept out of the issue.
    I can think of several good examples of this and I am sure we don't need to debate the finer points of that idea.

So we see that there is a segment of the population which indeed, does get carried away with wild theories about why certain things happened and who was behind it.
    And there is another segment which seems fanatically and emotionally attached to making people BELIEVE that the only accepted version is the OFFICIAL version and they are virulent and unreasonable in their attacks against all who would dare question their logic.

I don't fit into either category.
    I have no emotional attachment to any theory.
    All I see are a bunch of theories and really, they are all questionable.
    And why is that attitude wrong?
    Maybe because there is vested interests involved who have something to hide.

6. Janz

Janz What's Amatta U

This has been fun..watching the roosters fight. I feel like a woman reporter skulking about the locker room. Who knew it would be this entertaining? :D

7. Janz

Janz What's Amatta U

Don't take it personally. I agree that you are right about the scientific engineering evidence and I don't know squat about engineering. I just believe that the "powers to be" are too inept to plan such a complicated plot with such precision.

However, I suspect that this was a massive failure of the United States' total reliance upon expensive high tech gadgets vs human face to face intelligence gathering plus the hubris of believing we are invincible and infallible.

I also suspect that there were some "higher ups" in the Bush Administration that "knew" this was going to happen and buried any intelligence reports that may have forewarned us. I personally think that there were those who wanted to remove Saddam Hussein from power and used this tragedy to rally the US public behind the push to invade Iraq. Who do you think armed Saddam with those weapons of mass destruction so he could defeat Iran back in the early 80's?

File:Iran-Iraq War Montage.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Notice a very young Donald Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam in the bottom left corner. Other than that, why dwell upon this? People have way too much time on their hands looking for conspiracies everywhere. What are you going to do about it if all of this stuff is true..live in a barbed wire compound in paranoia and fear?

8. c0de

c0de Vassal

Think about this: if there was a conspiracy, why didn't they just plant the WMDs too? It would've been pretty easy and consider all that they could have accomplished:

• They could have pacified the ENTIRE anti-war movement in one stroke by planting the WMDs themselves.
    • They would have a free hand in Iran right now
    • The hawks wouldve been vindicated and still in power
    • European allies would've stuck with the US
    • The whole world wouldn't be looking at the US as the bad guy (including much of its own population)

But no one planted anything. They just ended up looking stupid, and not for some grand purpose. Just because they actually are that stupid.

As for ignoring CIA intel before 9/11: history is full of examples of political leaders ignoring critical warnings. Stalin refused to accept that Hitler would break the non-aggression pack and invade. Even General Zhukov was begging him to pull back their forces from the border, which he knew would soon be enveloped, but Stalin was like "No wai bro! R u kiddin'? Me and Hitler are like BFF!!"

9. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

[youtube]0iQgjFdwvN0[/youtube]
    "The warpigs" are going to be taken down, they are obviously the ones behind this major crime.
    Those who defend them are also going to get investigated.
    Guantanamo is not a pleasant place.

Who had access to these buildings?
    The security companies involved are dirty.

Who makes nano-Thermite?
    And who has access to several tons of the stuff?
    The contractors who were doing the renovations for the 9 months previous to the disaster are also dirty.

There is literally tons of this evidence just laying around including a lot of un-ignited thermite.

It was said that building fires brought these buildings down, yet never in the history of building fires has there ever been a collapse from that cause.
    NEVER.
    And those kind of fires cannot make steel become molten and there were literally tons of molten steel dug up from the ruins and duly noted by many authorities.

c0de...you ought to review who you wish to be associated with...the criminals, or those who will take them down.
    They are not getting away with this one.
    You don't want the authorities to start thinking that you sympathize with these types of terrorists.
    And be certain of this.... these types of threads are monitored.
    What side of the line are you going to be on?

10. c0de

c0de Vassal

Awww that's nice.
    You're tryin' to get me to join your side?
    Thanks, but been there, done that. No more tin foil for me.
    For I know the real conspiracy isn't that the govt was in on it.
    The real conspiracy is >WE< are in on it.
    We're all guilty, to some extent.
    Civilization, is complicity.
    'tis dark fate.
    accept it.
    i have.

Ever read the second "law" of thermodynamics?
    It's all there...
    in fine-print

Of course they tried to mess with the commissioners.
    The administration ignored all the intel!
    But this further proves the govt didn't do it.
    If they did it, then the intel agencies would HAVE to be in on it.
    But instead they were telling the idiot politicians who were too stupid to listen.

first of all, that is not an argument.
    if something never happened before,
    it doesn't prove that it can never happen.

secondly, this issue has been dealt with:

http://www.debunking911.com/firsttime.htm

^^ in detail (ad nauseum)

11. iBrian

iBrian Peace, Love and Unity Admin

I've removed a couple of posts from this thread - as I've said elsewhere, let's focus on the dicussions, not the posters, thanks.

12. Diagoras

c0de,

I looked at your debunk evidence and it is perhaps enough to preach to the choir with but is in fact not only flawed to the point of absurdity but is brazenly packed with nonsense that would be deemed deliberately misleading by any court of law. For openers why does the diagram fail to show the central steel structure of 1 and 2? This is their excuse for failing to detail it in the illustration:
    "Note: What's missing from the above photo are the core columns but they are not needed to show the difference in building construction. Conspiracy theorists will be quick to point out this photo doesn't show the core columns but this isn't here to show how many stick figures someone can create. It's here to show how the building had a vastly different design than the average building. If you're a conspiracy theorist just imagine your 47 box columns in the core. (The dark area in the center) The building will still be built differently, box columns in this image or not."
    But the real reason they did not want to illustrate it is that the central supporting structures of the twin towers buildings were massive, and 5 planes hitting one would not have made it collapse. Yet both go down in an identical manner even though one of the impacts failed to even hit this core supporting structure! It is plainly absurd, pun intended.
    I have no inclination to persuade you one way or another but I have looked now at mountains of evidence, and the evidence debunkers with a history of working for the usual suspects, and nothing but nothing in that evidence causes me to doubt it was a planned and controlled demolition.

Does it keep me awake at night? No. The people behind this atrocity are literally untouchable, they have Nobel Peace Prizes and they do not give a damn what I know. For they know that people in general are far too stupid and apathetic to really care. They want soap opera's, fast food and pathetic religions to make them feel righteous, not truth. Or if like me they do see the truth they know they know I cannot do anything about it. Except rant and fall into the slot of the conspiracy theorist they insure, through the global media they own, carries the stigma of the deranged. All I have is the knowledge that I am not deranged. That is enough for me.

13. c0de

c0de Vassal

Why don't you post a source for this assertion?

That one sentence in red says so much about you.

You are no different then anyone else.

Blinded by your own "truths."

14. Diagoras

What is your problem? Do you get some kind of kick out of rubbing people up with your own smug self-certainty? Virtually every post of yours includes some sort of personal attack, denigration or arrogant dismissal and yet you have the temerity to call up others on their own certainties. I hope you do not behave in life as you do here or one day someone is going to knock you right out without warning. I am now going to desist from any debate with you until such times as I see a marked change in you behaviour, you are not as hot on substance as you you like to think yourself and such claims are in themselves the smokescreen for your abusive attitude to others. I will not humour you.

15. c0de

c0de Vassal

I asked you for was a source to back up your assertion.
    But you decided to run away without providing one.

You can play the victim all you want dude, but you still lost.

16. shawn

shawn Well-Known Member

Still backing the criminals I see.

17. c0de

c0de Vassal

And i see you still have your tin foil hat on.

By the way, i thought u were ignoring me?

Whahappened??

18. Diagoras

Some people have no loyalty except the highest bidder. In my own painstaking earlier research into the debunkers I invariably found they had links to companies like Haliburton. They say there is a real concern that the youth of today will find themselves unemployable due to their individual indelible records on the WWW. Some think that they might get away with it if they appear to change their spots. From Jihadi to Republican just seems so improbable dont you think? Some people have no real substance, they are simply their act.

19. c0de

c0de Vassal

Why don't you share you're research with the class?

While you're at it, post the source for your earlier assertions as well.