got a thought..

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by YO-ELEVEN-11, Jun 18, 2011.

1. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

hmm..i may think to much,,but i need to ask.....in reference to dominance and passive..(put this thought in another forum if u must)

"we" everything on this planet depends on the sun in the sky ...does the sun depend on us? hmmm??? can we exsists without it and vise veras?

2. Vajradhara

Vajradhara One of Many

no, the sun does not depend on humans for it's chemical processes to continue.

3. YO-ELEVEN-11

YO-ELEVEN-11 Watcher

has that ever been tested..is it even possible to test that theory?? :rolleyes:

4. Vajradhara

Vajradhara One of Many

yes.

it's nuclear physics though so most folks don't have a chance to do the experiments themselves.

5. Saltmeister

Saltmeister The Dangerous Dinner

It's a bit like God. The sun is so much bigger than us, so much more massive. We wouldn't be able to make a difference even if we did have some "influence" on the sun's behaviour and function.

If the sun really needed us that badly, it would cease to be a star tomorrow.

Our lives would not be influenced by a single bacterium on the other side of the planet!!!!

6. bob x

bob x Well-Known Member

The sun has been shining for a lot longer than humans have been around.

7. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Does the sun exist without us?

Let's start with the falling tree in the forest...does it make a sound if no one is there to hear it.

No.

Sounds are just waves and vibrations until they land in an ear and are converted to electrical impulses that we understand as sound.f

Without the ear they are just waves...

Without US, the sun is just a ball of fire. It will cease to exist as a sun. No one will be going to the beach for a suntan, no one will be writing poetry about the sunrise, no one will be creating solar houses, solar heaters, or solar cells.

The ball of fire will continue.... but our Sun...as we know it will cease to exist.

8. Vajradhara

Vajradhara One of Many

you're saying that human conceptions will cease when there are not humans to have human conceptions. doesn't that strike you as somewhat banal, it does to me and so i wonder why you would even say that.

9. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Because I thought it pertained to the discussion.....

As it wasn't said...I felt it needed to be considered, as it appeared that it wasn't.

Is it not appropriate to be banal now and again?

10. Paladin

Paladin Purchased Bewilderment

I think it can remind me that much of what we suffer from is our own conceptions about the world and our life within it. Sometimes we don't look at the obvious and therefore miss quite a bit.
    A study of heuristics shows how unmindful and therefore unskillful we can be.

11. Vajradhara

Vajradhara One of Many

sure thing.

12. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Just contemplating how well the banal is beneficial. Identifying and accepting the root issue in lieu of playing around with symptomology.