Was JESUS the only heavenly being to incarnate into the human community from heaven?

Discussion in 'Abrahamic Religions' started by donnann, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

Re: Was JESUS the only heavenly being to incarnate into the human community from heav

In order for there to be equal proportions of something there needs to be an end to it.

Good <---------------> Bad

But it is not like that, it's more like this:

[​IMG]

When one thing is more than the other, that other thing is less. That is a fundamental principle of the objective universe.

2. Lunitik

Lunitik Interfaith Forums

Re: Was JESUS the only heavenly being to incarnate into the human community from heav

Your perception is very much limited...

That which sustains life is constant, now there is a greater possibility for life somewhere else to prosper. Of course it will look tragic if you are focused too much on the negative which has allowed the positive elsewhere, you are biased.

How do you think human population has increased? It is because of extinction and endangered species and forests being cut down, plant life decreasing. Life itself is always constant, because that which sustains it cannot be increased or decreased.

I have described dharma, dharma IS permanence.

This is exactly what Buddha has looked for, he has seen sickness, old age and death and has set out to find that which does not become sick, old and die - he has sought the permanent and found it. That finding is his awakening...

3. luecy7

luecy7 New Member

A tiny bit of light in a world of poison enables the ability to filter and drink accordingly.

4. Lunitik

Ok, in acknowledging they are one, simply drop, this is all I have asked in saying annihilate... you are saying the same as I am trying to present, and yet you are not moving on from it - you are intellectualizing it instead of going deeper.

Good and bad are perceptions, they are non-existent. Intellectualizing it is pointless, find that which is permanent - the only true being.

5. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

<---- see right there . . . if you could dispense with those antagonistic, flamebaiting, remarks you'd be truly enlightened.

6. seattlegal

seattlegal Mercuræn Buddhist Staff Member

I would suggest you look at a much larger timeline to get a bigger picture.

Buddha taught the cessation of suffering, not the pursuit of Shangri-La.

7. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

Ok, let's move forward then. But mind you intellectualizing anything is only clearly stating what it is and is not, otherwise there is no place to move from.

8. Lunitik

I am enlightened already.

What I am saying can cause you to be enlightened, but you are too much interested in intellectual debates.

9. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

Nothing remains.

10. Lunitik

Again, no answer is correct.

If you go deeply into it, something will happen, that happening is enlightenment.

11. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

well, I disagree that you are enlightened. But that is a moot point.
    When someone wishes to impart knowledge to another, insulting them or their integrity is a terrible way to approach it.

12. Lunitik

You suggest what I have shown you, ok.

Through what?

13. Lunitik

I am not trying to impart knowledge...

I am trying to cause transformation, your insistence on acquiring knowledge is why you are not enlightened yet. I have provided how I became enlightened, it could have happened to you already but you will not permit it.

14. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

Pffft . . . that I do not buy in the least bit.
    By the fact that "something will happen" dictates there 'is' a correct answer.

15. Lunitik

Again you bring in mind... this is why I said this will be of no use.

In the happening, you drop the question... now the answer is irrelevant even if you say there is one.

16. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

enlightenment is a personal thing, a subjective thing, it really only exists for the person that is looking for it and believes they have discovered it for themself.

Transformation happens every day, every minute, moment, what you do with it is what is important.

17. luecy7

luecy7 New Member

A rapist, a murderer, and a thief, for example, try hard to cause a transformation, and try hard to NOT impart knowledge. Am I wrong?

18. seattlegal

seattlegal Mercuræn Buddhist Staff Member

Oh, I agree!
    I have my firefighter's gear ready. My paintballs are aloe-based, to assist healing from burns... :p

19. Lunitik

Enlightenment is the transcendence of subject and object, how can it be subjective? All that experience, their descriptions are exactly the same in essence, so how can you say it is personal?

20. Lunitik

How is this remotely relevant? Explain.