Was JESUS the only heavenly being to incarnate into the human community from heaven?

Discussion in 'Abrahamic Religions' started by donnann, Aug 17, 2011.

1. seattlegal

seattlegal Mercuræn Buddhist

Re: Was JESUS the only heavenly being to incarnate into the human community from heav

:rolleyes:

The Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path

2. Lunitik

Lunitik Interfaith Forums

Re: Was JESUS the only heavenly being to incarnate into the human community from heav

Resulting in?

3. seattlegal

Freedom from suffering

No more strawmen please! (Misrepresenting what someone says is like bearing false witness. Can you say that is Dharma?)

4. Lunitik

Which is called?

5. seattlegal

liberation

6. Lunitik

The legend of Shangri-La is related to nirvana, it cannot be found because it is here and now but no one ever experiences herenow, they are too much distracted by past and future.

7. Lunitik

You are being very stubborn.

8. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

The definition of enlightenment is: deep insight into the meaning and purpose of all things, communication with or understanding of the mind of God, profound spiritual understanding or a fundamentally changed consciousness whereby everything is perceived as a unity.

9. Lunitik

Underlined is what I am trying to cause, welcome to the conversation.

10. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

Notice the word 'PERCEIVED'?
    That is a subjectivity, a perception from our limited, physical view. It is different for everyone, there is no universal enlightenment, there is personal, individual enlightenment, no one's enlightenment is wrong or right.

11. seattlegal

Buddhism claims that there are 88,000 dhamma doors. (88,000 being symbolic of innumerable)

To suggest there is only one way is to project all of your hang-ups onto everyone else.

12. Lunitik

It is a dictionary definition, it is an intellectualization and you are going to use that to dispute something which is beyond mind? How can the experience of oneness differ? You are correct though, there is no right or wrong, this is another duality.

13. Lunitik

I have suggested nothing of the sort, I simply say that each door leads to the same house.

I am inviting all to join me in the house, it is not useful to discuss each door, I simply open one and say "come in". While inside, we can discuss our trip if you'd like, but there are comfortable couches and a warm fire inside, outside there is a storm that I wish all to get out of.

14. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

Well, we can't just start making up our own definitions can we? Or Can We?

15. seattlegal

I would much rather pick a door where I can get through without the lobotomy or borg implants, thanks. :p

16. Lunitik

I am simply saying the definition is irrelevant, I am showing you how to experience it.

Will you need to agree upon the definition of a car to get in? There is no need because you know what "car" means, you simply enter.

17. Lunitik

The door I hold open has no prerequisites, there is no practice or preparation, it can let you in this very second... simply go into what I have presented earlier in the thread and you are inside by the fire.

Instead, you would rather learn from Buddha about how to behave, from Jesus how to serve others. Always there is a delay, there is no need to delay at all, you can simply enter but there is some sort of expectation that you will have to do certain things. It is all an idiocy, everything you are learning from these past masters is a result of their experience, experience yourself and these things arise as a byproduct.

18. luecy7

luecy7 New Member

So then you must be a cling-on, klinging to your mind and body? :D

19. Lunitik

Again, in the experience, you realize you are not mind or body. What I have said causes the dropping of all clinging, it is a byproduct but the device I have presented is enough for that realization.

Of course, clinging will cause the device to be ineffective...

20. luecy7

luecy7 New Member

I know that I am not a computer or a car either, but it doesn't stop me from typing and driving. :D

In my view, you are like a rapist, a murderer, and a thief, with your understanding of cause. What you cause, is what you cause.