Luciferianism

Discussion in 'Magick' started by Etu Malku, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

I have been asked to shed a little Light on Luciferianism as I practice it. I chose this category only because there have been discussions about Satanism, I really do not consider Luciferianism adequately portrayed in the category of Magick, but we work with what we have.

My understanding of Luciferianism is somewhat complex, there are times I do not even understand it, LOL, but I will try to convey the basics of this philosophical system.

Firstly, we are not Satanists.
    There exists two basic schools of Luciferian thought, one is Theistic and the other non-Theistic (what I am).
    Non-Theistic Luciferianism does not recognize non-corporeal deities such as gods, devils, demons or even Lucifer . . . LOL!

- from Lucipedia
    - contributed by myself for the Lucipedia project

I hope this is enough information to begin a discourse with everyone here, and possibly the creation of a Left Hand Path category (LHP) to discuss this further.

2. IowaGuy

IowaGuy Hunter-Gatherer

What is the difference between non-theistic luciferianism and atheism?

3. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

Atheists hold no faith in anything other than empirical evidence based on science. Luciferians have faith there exists something greater than our material Being.

4. wil

wil UNeyeR1

I get slammed by calling myself a nontheistic Christian as I don't believe in the passive agressive G!d that folks think is concerned about their wellbeing, sending hurricanes becaus NY passed gay marriage laws and demands worship from his creations (well humans anyway the rest of his creations can...well erradicate humans who don't worship right)

hence the reason I asked you to start this thread when I read...
    I think we have some common ground which should make all my naysayers dance!

I live to please.

Now to continue that 'something larger than our material being'....could it be something that you expect science to eventually explain? Like the theory of everything, or onenesss of all things?

5. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

I have two precepts I try to use, one is that I don't have the answers, I have my Beliefs . . . and second is that we are all entitled to our own paradigm without interference and religious zealotry.
    That would quite interesting to witness.

6. radarmark

radarmark Quaker-in-the-Making

Kool EM, could not send a PM for some reason, I will begin reading this tomorrow! Like the ties to Bahai and Sikhism... you tie will be something I value.

Welcome aboard, Friend

7. seattlegal

seattlegal Why do cows say mu?

Is there a specific goal to Luciferianism?

8. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

There is, it is Apotheosis, Individuation . . . separating from the objective / material universe / god and becoming a god yourself.

Sounds very lofty and egocentric, I know, but when put into psychological, philosophical terms, it is not irrational in the least bit.

Apotheosis (from Greek "to deify"; in Latin deificatio "making divine") is the glorification of a subject to divine level. In theology, the term apotheosis refers to the idea that an individual has been raised to godlike stature.

Individuation (Latin: principium individuationis) is the process through which a person becomes his/her 'true self'. Hence it is the process whereby the innate elements of personality; the different experiences of a person's life and the different aspects and components of the immature psyche become integrated over time into a well-functioning whole. Individuation might thus be summarized as the stabilizing of the personality.

9. seattlegal

Similar to Upekkha, except without the concept of anatta?

10. Nick the Pilot

Nick the Pilot Well-Known Member

Etu,

Your philosophy doesn't seem to have much connection with Lucifer. Why is it called Luciferianism?

11. NiceCupOfTea

NiceCupOfTea Pathetic earthlings

Sounds fascinating, so what do you do to achieve this are there specific practices guidlines etc for this ?

12. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

What is your view of Lucifer?

13. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

Myself personally, I am very ritually inclined for one thing. We would practice Antinomianism, we work on our Individuation, which can be a lifelong endeavor, we read and study a lot for Knowledge is strength, and we seek to control our physical environment in the form of Sovereignty.

14. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Love that....

seriously? this is the part of 'the church' that I have opposed, the concept of doing whatever and then going to confessional only to be free to sin again... this is what they used to played a shell game with pedophilia for centuries.
    I get some confusion with this and apotheosis as being contrary, possibly because of my bias towards oneness
    create your day, personal responsiblity, give up blame?

15. Nick the Pilot

Nick the Pilot Well-Known Member

"What is your view of Lucifer?"

--> Is it okay to answer a question with a question? :)

16. wil

wil UNeyeR1

me thinks Lucifer is a concept, a metaphor, an archetype, even a goal, like Christ is to some of us.

17. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

Lucifer is definitely an archetypal image and a symbol for Enlightenment and Intellectual Inquiry. Certainly not an actual Being. I guess you could say Luciferianism is a philosophy more than anything.

18. seattlegal

In accordance with Maat?
    Djed
    Was

I can see the smooth transition between the Temple of Set and Luciferianism

19. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

Not too many Luciferians work with the Egyptian structures, but I like to.

An interesting Alchemical Principle from the Egyptian religion is the Ouroboric cycle of Apophis/Chaos - Khepri/Transformation - Maat/Order

20. IowaGuy

IowaGuy Hunter-Gatherer

Are you asking a rhetorical question or do you really want an answer? :) Here is Buddha's classic take on it, which I'm sure you're familiar with:

"There are these four ways of answering questions. Which four?

1. There are questions that should be answered categorically [straightforwardly yes, no, this, that].

2. There are questions that should be answered with an analytical [qualified] answer [defining or redefining the terms].

3. There are questions that should be answered with a counter-question.

4. There are questions that should be put aside.

These are the four ways of answering questions."

Anguttara Nikaya IV.42 (Panha Sutta)