Ye Olde Pretzel Shoppe and Pub

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by seattlegal, May 13, 2012.

1. seattlegal

seattlegal Mercur├Žn Buddhist

'Tis the political season once again--time to break out the soft pretzels and Guinness Dark!

Of course, the soft preztels come with a variety of dipping sauces and garnishes--brown mustard, garlic butter, marinara, or others on request. Extra coarse kosher salt, pickled peppers, and carmelized onions are available as well.

Feel free to post any and all political satire, make any silly political predictions, or roast any and/or all of your favorite politicians.

My prediction: wil will get his anticipated traditional baptism in Guinness Dark again. :rolleyes:

2. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

You've got no idea.....

When I saw the title of this thread...I knew not where it was going...only knowing that I would enjoy its sticky salty goodness.

The season is in full swing. Tis obvious yet again, I will NOT be voting for either of the two main parties....Obamney Romama hold no charm for me. They are both milktoast more of the same.

I believe Obama will win, he is a shoe in, now if he can make some moves to get some more Dems in the seats he might be able to improve the health bill, get marijuana legalized and tax the piss out of it, get thousands of prisoners out of jail on ridiculous charges, get equal rights for gay folks, address the southern border, keep charging on toward energy independence and not thru ethanol and oil.

I'd like him to quit operating drones with people playing video games with real lives in bunkers in the southwest. I'd like him to invite in Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich to provide some insight on various topics, despite the fact that they are both nutjobs, they both have some great ideas that need to be heard.

And I'll have to scour the third parties, hoping that the libertarians have enough sense to dump WAR so I can consider them...see what the greenies are upto this year....should be interesting.

but more importantly, can you get some waitresses in this place with curvy figures, low cut tops, short skirts and have them bring me a portabello quesadilla with guac, jalepenos, and a black and dos equis.....with a smile?

3. seattlegal

seattlegal Mercur├Žn Buddhist

We serve pretzels here, to go with the Pretzeldential wannabe's. :D

But we do serve Guinness Dark. :p

***SPLASH***
    Welcome back, wil. ;)

4. radarmark

radarmark Quaker-in-the-Making

I believe I will stick to my stout with a poitin chaser... with that combination who needs food?

5. DrumR

DrumR Well-Known Member

Why are the "waitresses in this place with curvy figures, low cut tops, short skirts" trying to wrest from me my pint of dos equis and why is wil pointing at me while laughing behind his hand?

6. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro Moderator

I apologize for my rant, but I just needed to get this off my chest (no amount of :kitty:s can calm me down.) This rant isn't lighthearted (wish it was, but it isn't.) Oh, and there's a trigger warning.

I'm a Wisconsinite. I think almost everybody has heard about the failed recall election of "beloved" Governor Scott Walker. Most of the people I know IRL are planning to move asap, causing what's called a "brain drain".

Unfortunately, there are still so many unanswered questions about things that Walker said/did while in office (both as County Executive and Governor) concerning too many things, including threatening protestors during the union-busting legislation last year and (when he was County Executive) the decreased security at the County Mental Health Complex resulting in an increased need for security personnel at Children's Hospital due to an increased number of elopers, some of them in for violent behavior.

Then there was the psychiatrist who took early retirement instead of facing the Ethics Board for allegedly having sex with female patients (he's a crony of Walker's, who suggested that the mental health complex hire him, in spite of the fact that his license to practice was severely limited at the time of his hiring [not allowed to see female patients due to sexual misconduct with female patients in his private practice, which, according to Wisconsin law, constitutes sexual assault since 1977].)

Needless to say, I'm :mad: that he wasn't tossed out on his ear and every piece of legislation under him stricken from the books and the businesses run by Walker's out-of-state cronies find themselves looked at with a fine-tooth comb.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012