Symmetry: Derail from Sound and Sacred Geometry

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by seattlegal, May 14, 2012.

1. seattlegal

seattlegal Mercuræn Buddhist

Wil, clean up on aisle three!

I copied some posts from a derail so we may continue here.

2. seattlegal

OK, karma is not as simple as one would make it out to be. Hate does not overcome hate, and karma doesn't burn out hatred.

Balance and harmony does not require symmetry. :D

3. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

Since we're talking about symmetry:

Saturn in Egyptian is Sabt which means Sirius (Dog Star) which is equated with Anbu (Anubis) (Greeks took the idea and ran with it calling their Saturday Kronos (Kyon) which means dog.

The ancient Egyptian calendar is based on the helical rising of Sabt.
    Music and the calendar were intimately related. Sabt / Sirius is referred to as the 'first' and the Dorian scale (Named after people of Kemet) is the first choice of scale that the Egyptians composed with.

D is Re in our diatonic scale (C do D re E mi etc)
    Re is of course the Primeval Egyptian God associated with the Sun
    The Dorian mode is the only mode that is of perfect symmetry and
    balance with an ebb & flow of the Cosmic Egg shape (all orbits are elliptical)

Dorian Scale: D w E 1/2 F w G w A w B 1/2 C w D
    w = whole step
    1/2 = half step

The Egg, the symmetry of Fibonacci, the Golden Mean (different than the Golden Ratio) all find their way back to Kemetic Cosmology, the Primordial Vibration that emerged from the Waters of Nun / Abyss set into motion from the Divine Utterance. Metaphors? Allegories?

So many sciences such as Cymatics and the Harmonic vibrations of the Harmonograph show us the symmetry and harmonious relations of this Divine Utterance, we read in Egyptian religion of knowing the 'true' name of someone, the Sufis have the understanding of sound being the primeval force setting all of the material Universe into being.

Musiq is our relation from our captive Physical being with our Higher Self and the Spiritual Plane.

4. seattlegal

So we fell a whole step from the dorian scale to the diatonic scale? *doh* (pun intended) ;)

5. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

The "FALL" from perfection!! . . . hehehe

The ancient musical scale that is at the heart of manifestation is what the Eastern Indians call the Shruti (22 note scale) and the Persians / Middle Easterns call Maqams (again 22 note scale).

The Laws of the Octave and how the 22 tones are naturally created by the procession of logarithms through octaves is actually the Overtone scale series, which in turn gives us the Golden Fibonacci Spiral and a view into the nature of how energy manifests into material.

This number 22 can be found in the Qabalah (Tree of Life and Tree of Death paths), the 22 molecules that make up the Hydrogen atom (the basis of all life) and of course the 22 Tarot cards of the Major Arcana.

There are 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet

22 = 2 + 2 = 4 : Four is one more than three and can be defined as a spiritual awakening or rebirth out of the Holy Trinity (3)

The number 22 is significant in many systems of numerology, sometimes called the Master Builder or Spiritual Master in Form. This 'master number' includes all the attributes of the number 2, twice over, and also those of the 4.

6. seattlegal

oops! Wrong thread!

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  7. Bhaktajan II

Bhaktajan II Hare Krishna Yogi

Is "Geo-metry" self-generative?
    Is "Geo-metry" an ex-pression of e-volution
    striving for self-intented Anthropo-morphism?

Is "Geo-metry" a biological machine

that plateaus at Humans,
    and now,
    we humans pro-duce machines to do our busi-ness,
    thus freeing us up to do . . . other occupations?

8. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

9. Hermes

Hermes Zos Kia Cultus

Let me stop you here for a moment.... Sirius and Saturn are two completely different celestial bodies, one is the sixth planet from the Sun and the other is Sirius is also known colloquially as the "Dog Star", reflecting its prominence in its constellation, Canis Major...So whatever the Egyptians called or knew is either transliteration error or a simple mistake. As far as I know the Egyptian Astrologers did not make mistakes this huge.

10. Bhaktajan II

This is fasinating.

Golden Ratio = 1: 1.61803399

DiVinci expressed it in his famous drawing named, 'Vitruvius Man'.

Then there is Vitruvius the architect himself & his math based architectural propotions . . .
    and then there is Pythagoris himself too.

What is the meaning or relation of the above to the "4:9 Ratio" ?

11. BrotherMichaelSky

BrotherMichaelSky Well-Known Member

12. BrotherMichaelSky

I feel that Karma is a very simple sort of autopilot....
    in the spirit of this particular discussion I shall phrase this in terms of vibration...

but first let me establish a couple things to provide a framework for my expressed understanding.
    The first would be that we will have to corral what would actually be a whole host of notes, and themes even, into the label of a "song ".... to indicate the specific vibration of any individual...
    so, in regards to that individuals personal vibration this can only be expressed as a "song" or individual signature.... there is no connotation of "good" or "bad" - just a personal "song"....
    secondly, to reinforce that everyone's "song" is different - including entirely differing themes and notes which are unfamiliar to one another.......

moving on.... so, we have an individual in a Karmic situation.....

the energy supplied by every participant of the situation all blends together, and each and every participant will react to that energy in a manner which is entirely appropriate to the INDIVIDUAL....

The "song" of one might harmonize with this particular blend of energies, while the "song" of another is repressed and muted by those very same energies...

each individual is to carefully pay attention and gauge the effect of those energies which surround it - because as long as they consider what is happening to be the result of EXTERIOR forces, the Law of Karma will keep up an oscillation with those troublesome energies...
    One will find them selves attracted over and over again to the very same troublesome energies - off and on.... off and on... in oscillation.... cavitation, as it were.....

UNTIL the consciousness says "ok, I am beginning to detect a pattern here...." and in each successive incarnation there is more and more of "inner knowing" ( fancy words - I mean your conscience... )

When the soul is born with the strength of inner conviction to avoid those degrading ways and habits, due to an "inner knowing" and nothing further, it is able to reach higher....

( or it can be "remembered", and one must work like the dicken's to undo all the harm you have done yourself in this lifetime, to catch up to where you were before ya started ............)

and it can reach higher CONSCIOUSLY - the WHOLE... ENTIRE... POINT... IN A NUTSHELL
    :)
    which releases that soul from the "autopilot" of Karma... one steers their very own course at that point.... and energy is dealt with consciously - in "REALTIME"

(( energy is directly translatable to vibration... a Master Energy Manipulator would have to be considered an accomplished conductor.... IMOFFO )

13. seattlegal

Agreed. We have to consciously and willfully break the symmetry of answering hate with hate in order to establish balance and harmony. If you leave it to the commonly prevailing (unthinking) physical default (karma,) hate will escalate.

14. BrotherMichaelSky

if you don't mind - i might just steal that at some point.... lots fewer words... :)

15. seattlegal

Unoccupied space is not nothing. It is unoccupied space. It has the property of being unoccupied.

If you want nothing, erase space. Then erase the idea of no-space.

16. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

22 molecules in the hydrogen Atom? I thought atoms were in molecules and not the other way round.

Etu??

17. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

LOL . . . you again? Once more, you're not arguing with 'ME' but you are rather arguing with the scholars that create the Oxford Dictionary, since thyat is where I got my definition from.

18. Etu Malku

Etu Malku Mercuræn

Sorry, let me research a little more, it's been a while since I talked about Gurdjieff and the Enneagram.

That would be correct.

19. Bhaktajan II

Whoa! What propolsion system are you using.

This is like a Locomotive engine ---I though you were just running a regular V-8 block, albeit with 10 gear levels.

You have been putting it to the metal lately.

20. Bhaktajan II

Very Cool!

Scale progressions are explained in terms of geographical origin, and, the different sub-divisions of a scale.

Apparently, some tones are glossed over by other cultural-Musical Norms.

So, is our 12 tone scale diffinitively absolute ---at least within the sphere of relativity which we call life on earth?