Worship God, Not Religion

Discussion in 'Comparative Studies' started by Persona, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Persona

Persona Interfaith Forums

Talk about loaded comments! :eek: :p
    I think I agree with you... if I understand you correctly.
    Only after God (Creator) said "Let there be light" was there a separation between light and darkness. As mentioned, carbon is constantly being emmited at planets, like sperm are emited at an egg - and most of the time nothing comes of it, except one - & that's all it takes for everything to be... different than before.

The nondualistic part of us, to my awareness at this stage, is being aware that things are not always black & white - but more wholistic... IE: "Always choose the right, even if it's wrong." What is "right" for me, might not be so good for someone else & visa versa.

It's interesting how you stated, "The Objective universe continues its descent into the material world and incarnates into matter." I don't understand exactly how this occurs, but I believe it. All matter is the expression of what started as isolating from objectivity to be able to change/progress, somehow. One cannot change by staying objective & completely part of the whole. One must "descend" (fall from objectivity) to be able to experience choice & thereby change/adaptation/progress.

I agree that how we define God reflects more about our own personal perspectives, lives, relationships etc. The kingdom (realm/experience) of God is within. (Luke 17:21)

2. Persona

Persona Interfaith Forums

I don't think worship in the traditional definition (ie orthodox religious definitions) makes sense either, especially when they cause unnecessary stress & burden.

Yet, we cannot help but worship... or have ultimate concerns, passions!