Ugh

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Eclectic Mystic, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Eclectic Mystic

Eclectic Mystic Member

OK, so I'm at the super market and I'm waiting in line and there's this lady with a lot of stuff at the checker, and behind her is this fat guy-- I'm behind him. So when he finally gets to the checker he starts complaining in a loud voice about how slow and incompetent the checker is and how he wanted to see the manager, but nevermind, he'll just take his business elsewhere (as if anyone cares). Then he starts complaining about how the food he bought was getting cold. I felt like telling him to go watch a sit-com or something, but that's probably already what he was going to do any way.

My question is, where do these people come from? Are there holes in the ground that they pop out of or something? But also, how in the hell does this behavior have any prevalence in society WHATSOEVER? Where does the moral support come from?

2. radarmark

radarmark Quaker-in-the-Making

I don't know, but they are just everywhere, aren't they? Yesterday I was in my normal suit and tie getting into the checkout line and a young lady with two children just waltzed in ahead of me. I took the next self-serve available. It's my neighborhood Krogers and I know all the cashiers by name. I traded "what can you say" looks with Christie and asked to to get some Virginia Slims (yep, the bride smokes) and this young lady got all bent out of shape because while Christie was gone she needed some help. As always, I just let it roll off my back like water on a duck.

However, it does seem like the "Me generation" (that's mine, the hippies and yuppies) really forgot to learn or pass on some common courtesy.

3. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

ah...we all have time to allow others to be themselves....

as I see it G!d regularly gives us examples of how we don't want to be seen by others..

Life is to wonderful to whine, but if that is someone's choice I surely won't let their path affect my path....

Unless of course I provide a smile, a hand, let them in... nothing like the high road!!

4. Sam Albion

Sam Albion akaFrancisKing:ViveLeRoi!

what would have happenned if you'd said

"cool it, fat boy", or, "these girls work hard, pull your neck in"?

Some people walk around griping and complaining and while everyone else finds this behaviour wearisome, they're too polite to say anything. That's why it continues. Mr Moaner is never challenged. Okay, if he's six foot five, and he's got arms like ham shanks and a Colt 45 in his pocket, choose your words carefully, but, if you don't feel scared, say something, next time! I dare you!

5. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

As i see it we've all been there, pissed at the world because of something inane....often just waiting to find a volunteers head to bite off....

Yeah say something nice and enouraging to all ... move the love