MEAT EATING CAUSES WARS! Refute it?

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Bhaktajan II, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

"You may have a doubt in your mind. I am a butcher and I’m selling the animal’s meat. Is it not violence and sin? But here, I have to tell a natural secret or Dharma to you. In this world, all the living beings depend upon other living beings for food.

Only flying birds, animals are not living beings. All the trees, plants, seeds, fruits, vegetables, all are living beings. Because they are not showing movement from place to place, we should not think that there is no life in them. To live, to grow for one life, another life is base. This is Nature law.

If you say ‘No. this is violence only’, my reply is – if I leave this profession and close my shop, all the non-vegetarians will change into vegetarians? That’s why you leave your doubt. To keep life in our body, i.e. for the sake of food, what we do is not violence. That to, somebody kills these animals and brings to me.

As per my duty I sell it and earn life food. In business I won’t cheat people. I won’t leave my duty and I won’t do other’s duty. I give food to hungered people. I take care of all my people who depended on me. I share my neighbor’s problem, and help them. One more important issue-you see, human mind is very unstable. We have to keep it in balance."

Vyadha Gita (Long Long Ago: Vyadha Geetha)

(Please note that it was written around Jesus' time or shortly after. Further that plants have life)

2. radarmark

radarmark Quaker-in-the-Making

Are these words meant to be taken as inviolate truth (from some written down divine revelation) or to be a lesson in-the-mind?

3. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

One could always ask a question or invite a discussion if one differed (shastrartha - debate on the meaning of the scripture). :)

4. donnann

donnann Well-Known Member

I was a vegan for 7 years. I was treated in a very inhumane way by people who eat meat unfortunately by some in my own family. I am now not a vegan because of the treatment by others to include my own spouse. And by the way the snake and apple are symbolic to represent sex outside the marriage of the male and female. In the beginning there was a whole human community , not just one pair, made up of two: a male and a female that even though were two were literally one being. Look up advanced studies on kundalini. God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
    - New American Standard Version (1995)
    It is the same with veganism. In the beginning it clearly stated that the human race did not eat animals and were not given that for food. Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.New Living Translation (©2007) There is simply no eating of meat in the garden of eden and isnt that where everyone wants to get back to?

5. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Treated in an inhumane way for being vegan?

I cannot imagine anyone mistreating anyone for not eating meat...unless the non meat eater (like me) tended to use the words 'cadaver', 'dead flesh' , 'carnivore', etc like I do....and then of course what I receive back is not mistreatment but quid pro quo....

I like to tell folks most food is vegetarian, it is either made for vegetarians or of vegetarians.....folks who believe in eating animals don't like it pointed out while they are eating animals that they like to eat animals....that they are eating dead flesh....a sentient being, with eyes and feelings...and telling them that one would expect reprisal.

but while on the subject, you should all love this.... Baby Vegetarian Floors Mom with Precocious Opposition to Eating Animals

6. donnann

I simply said it was unhealthy and that human beings were not given meat to eat in the garden of eden as to why I was not eating meat. That provoked people into saying I was a nut and a tree hugger. I agree they are eating a sentient being who has feelings. I left a restaurant crying one time because the waitress became very nasty with me because I wanted to know which foods on the buffet did not include animal products so I could eat there. I now eat everything because I could not handle the bad treatment especially by my own family who thought I was nuts for not eating meat. Its sad that in a free society someone gets persecuted for doing the kind and gentle act of a meat free diet.

7. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

It is wrong that you can't choose your own way.....and wrong of me to be so brusk...my apologies, my skin is obviously thicker than yours as is the duration of my experiences in these matters.

Time and experience will increase your knowledge and resolve of your beliefs on all the issues you've touched on today.

8. donnann

Thank you for your understanding. I believe god knows my reasons for converting back to an animal diet just like he understands that most people do not know the affects of eating animals on the mind and body.

9. alphone

alphone Well-Known Member

Yes, meat-eating causes hatred, and hatred may cause war.

Hatred arouses when an animal is killed, when someone eats that animal’s meat, the hatred, the thought of vengeance, will enter the eater’s body with the meat.

Those hatred and thoughts of vengeance can accumulate in an meat-eater’s body, making him become depressed, dislike others, easier to be angry, easier to conflict with others, etc. and may cause war.

Those hatred and thoughts of vengeance will pollute and block one’s heart, make his heart closed, hard as stone, and become a great obstruction against enlightenment.

If one can renounce meat-eating, those pollutions will not continue to accumulate in his body and on his heart, but those pollutions will not be cleared automatically. One also need to renounce killing, and practice some Dharmas (e.g. some Dharanis, Repentance, etc ) which can clear those negative karmas.

10. Bhaktajan II

Bhaktajan II Hare Krishna Yogi

11. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Any stats on meat eaters vs vegans on sexual sadism?

had a good veggie burger at TGIF they upped the ante from my old favorite a boca burger...

I bought them from the store...quite meaty.. although since I haven't eaten burgers in over 30 years I had to ask others to confirm it was as close as I thought it was.

a friend of mine said he is striving for a plant based diet, doesn't want to call himself a vegan... as vegans holier than thou attitudes make anyone trying for a better diet look ridiculous with their sanctimonious stance.

Gave up on cheese in January...seeing if we can get rid of butter and eggs now..

A Cup Of Tea likes this.
  12. Thomas

Thomas Administrator Admin

Well I'm a carnivore and she's a vegetarian and sometimes she says 'no' ... does that help?

Aussie Thoughts likes this.
  13. Aussie Thoughts

Aussie Thoughts Just my 2 cents

...ah never mind, had a joke there, but can't think of a delicate way to put it.;)

Craz likes this.
  14. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

correlation, causation, coincidence....with one data point that is uncertain...but overiding all those in this case.....consent.

15. Arif Ghamiq

Arif Ghamiq Well-Known Member

There are millions and millions of peaceful meat eaters around the world, so while eating meat may increase aggression or even violence in some people (triggering our predatory nature), I believe the affects of humans not eating meat upon war would be minimal.

A Cup Of Tea likes this.
  16. Bhaktajan II

Yes of course many people lived their lives and never noticed ---as all those years went by.

[​IMG]

17. Bhaktajan II

I found another one:
    [​IMG]

This is only for formal official noticable obvious famous known Genocides. It excludes all the petty numbers of wanton obituaries.

18. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

And the correlation to meat eating?

19. Thomas

Thomas Administrator Admin

PM me! :D

20. Bhaktajan II

I shall begin with this primer:
    Each victim had:
    4 Limbs
    2 eyes