MEAT EATING CAUSES WARS! Refute it?

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Bhaktajan II, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bhaktajan II

Bhaktajan II Hare Krishna Yogi

Now let us begin to find proofs for our Dear old Wil

Why are men aggressive?
    As posted above
    In the 1930s, it was known that the testes contain a more powerful androgen than androstenone.
    They named the hormone testosterone, from the stems of testicleand sterol, and the suffix of ketone.
    Testosterone propionate is mentioned in a letter to the editor of Strength and Health magazine in 1938; this is the earliest known reference to an AAS in a U.S. weightlifting or bodybuilding magazine.[175] There are often reported rumors that German soldiers were administered AAS during the Second World War, the aim being to increase their aggression and stamina.

How is testosterone related to aggressive behavior?
    Hormones are inextricably linked to behavior as seen by the impact that its presence or absence has on an organism. ... Furthermore, when testosterone is replaced through hormone therapy in these castrated animals, the amount ofaggression increases and is restored to its original pre-castration level (1).Nov 18, 2017

What does testosterone do to behavior?
    Testosterone plays a role in certain behaviors, including aggression and dominance. ... Just as sexual activity can affect testosterone levels, taking part in competitive activities can cause a man's testosterone levels to rise or fall. Low testosterone may result in a loss of confidence and lack of motivation.Apr 21, 2014

Do steroids make you angry?
    Steroids can make you irritable and aggressive, a side effect sometimes called “roid rage.”

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    And I will leave to last the effects of "Shit in the Meat"

There Is Poop in Basically All Hamburger Meat – Mother Jones
    [​IMG]
    https://www.motherjones.com/food/2015/08/poop-ground-beef-superbugs-antibiotic-resistant/

Snopes has never address this subject:
    "That's not nearly as gross as what you're eating when you eat chicken or beef. Most chicken is soaked in uric acid for hours (chicken piss and shit) before it gets to your grocery store. That's what makes it soft and fall right off the bone.

When a cow is killed in a modern meat plant and cut apart, the colon often becomes pierced spilling pounds of shit everywhere. It's one of the reasons they say you should cook your meat well before eating it...you're still eating shit, it just doesn't have as much bacteria as it did before.

Interestingly, aged beef is more expensive than fresh meat. It gives the bacteria in the shit time to break the muscle tissue down so it's softer.

If you take the time to do the research, it's enough to make you sick."

2. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Was there any proof in there that indicates that meat eating causes war?

Any? Somebody give this guy a hand in making me understand.

3. Bhaktajan II

Wil, is there a trick to causing wars that I don't get?

Is that the cause of war is a superior intellect [that is really stupid]?

Wars don't cause crazy people...crazy people cause Wars??? No?

Nothing causes war? Is there a calculus I'm overlooking?

Is there a ethereal factor that a] the leader conscripts plebes to charge to death? b] The plebes were born to a destiny charge to death? c] he who lives by the sword ...maybe, just maybe will die by the sword when the Lord grinds his mill exceedingly fine? d] Mass conspiracies that go around DON'T necessarily come around?

4. Bhaktajan II

And what about a populous that acclimates to a deep-state-like endemic of E-Coli poisoning that self-perpetuates retarded social norms such as Organised War?

5. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Proof would be that countries with more vegans have less murders....charts and graphs showing how meat eating countries obviously have more violence than non..

Some definable instances.... Dancing around gleefully saying there is poop in your meat... meh.

Again realize, I don't eat your poopy meat. I'd love to have some evidence that your conjecture is true. I'd use it. But instead you are acting like any zealot, spouting opinions without any data to support them...

6. Bhaktajan II

Ok Skipper I'm heading out on another run. Tally Ho.

Until then:
    It is War that I pointed to ---Sooo...the Chief Murderer-in-Chief would be the prime suspect. If the meat eaten by the leader causes him to be violent ---then naturally henchmen will be conscripted to form private armies.

THIS IS NOT FROM 'THE ART OF WAR':
    "Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues" (Bg 3.21)

I have not heard of such an event. Dancing with snakes, yes. Dancing with beheaded heads, yes.

BTW, after so many years of eating the Buffalo, saw many Indians so manifest destiny take-over. Who knows what indigenous animals the Incas and the Aztecs and the Mayans ate.

Roger that.

PS: when you see a homeless vagabond; or, school girls cat fighting; or, any public violent event; or a Cop abusing his strength
    ---consider that you are 99.99% of the time witnessing non-vegetarians.

Many happy returns!

7. Arif Ghamiq

Arif Ghamiq Well-Known Member

So - if George W. Bush had been a vegetarian, the Iraq War would've never happened?

8. Aussie Thoughts

Aussie Thoughts Just my 2 cents

What's this...? Poop in our meat! I say we form a militia and go get the SOB's! -:mad:

9. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai Moderator

You know it's funny, when I was little whenever someone was in a bad mood or short tempered, my mother always said, "You need to cut back on the red meat."

10. Bhaktajan II

Hmm???
    First let me tell you that George W. Bush's father hated Broccoli. George W. Bush's Vice-Prez couldn't spell "Potatoe"
    So you may be on to something.

BTW, one conspiracy theory (that I am inventing here now) says that the actions were taken to keep refrigeration technology out of the mid-east and to promulgate cured-meats as the most sophisticated way of processing meat. Is cured meats popular in the Middle East? Maybe one day we'll find out.

PS: If Arafat was a vegetarian would he have died rich? I do smell something fishy.

11. Bhaktajan II

You got it right matey.
    "Hmmm, there actually might be a little shit in this meat too."

Inspired by the incendiary New York Times bestseller that exposed the hidden facts behind America's fast food industry, Fast Food Nation combines an all-star ensemble cast lead by Greg Kinnear, Wilmer Valderrama and Avril Lavigne with riveting, interlocked human stories to serve up a firecracker of a movie that jumps off the screen. When a marketing

12. Bhaktajan II

Charles Dickens’ 19th Century English novel “Oliver Twist” [about the orphan boy named Oliver] starts with the Schoolmaster of the orphan-asylum arriving at the home of the new foster parents, inorder to the retrieve Oliver whose tantrums had made trouble for himself and his newest adopting parents. Upon arriving at the home, the Schoolmaster unlocked the closet whence the boy was arrested by the parent. As he drags the boy back to the orphanage the Schoolmaster scolded the parents thus, “I told you not to feed the boy meat, I told you to feed him porridge”.

It's in the old version too with Alec Guiness

13. Bhaktajan II

IMHO:
    Vegetarianism is all about "AHIMSA—non-violence”. Not about our sentiments. Meatless living is all about warding-off bad (ugra-) karma for humans. It’s not about compassion for the animals welfare but about the welfare of children being indoctrinated into a life based on killing inorder to live up to a false standard of ‘living’.

"AHIMSA—non-violence” as Buddha is famous for expounding.

14. Arif Ghamiq

Arif Ghamiq Well-Known Member

But isn't killing & war natural?

Many animals kill to live and ants wage war

15. Namaste Jesus

Don't know if I'd say natural where man is concerned, but given man's propensity to follow his own law rather than God's, I'd say it's at least inevitable.

I can see where diet may exacerbate the situation, but I doubt it's the root cause. That title goes to greed, lust and selfishness.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  16. Bhaktajan II

The story of Cain's murder of Abel and its consequences is told in Genesis 4:1-18:
    Abel became a herder of sheep while Cain was a tiller of the soil. 3 And it happened in the course of time that Cain brought from the fruit of the soil an offering to the Lord. 4 And Abel too had brought from the choice firstlings of his flock, and the Lord regarded Abel and his offering 5but did not regard Cain and his offering.

Genesis 1:29:
    And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 9:4-5:
    4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
    5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

Isaiah 1:11
    To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

Isaiah 1:15
    And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

Isaiah 66:3
    He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man;

Leviticus 3:17
    It shall be a perpetual statute for your generations throughout all your dwellings, that ye eat neither fat nor blood.

Leviticus 17:10
    And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2018
  17. Bhaktajan II

I don't want to attack you over your post.
    I have heard this reasoning before.

But the animals live free of taxes and rent ---why shouldn't we?
    But the Penguins do homosexual things ---why shouldn't we?
    But the Monkey self-abuses and flings stool ---why shouldn't we?
    But the shark eats raw fish ---why shouldn't we?

I've never thought these comparisons were logical nor legitimate.

But Humans are borns exactly as any biological being does**.

**But there are insects that are born in stool ---why shouldn't we????

18. Namaste Jesus

Most of the Biblical verses you quote are simply telling us not to eat meat whilst blood still flows. That is, while the animal is still alive and to drain the blood thereafter and not partake of it. One reason for that is, blood putrefies rather quickly in a dead body. That's one of the reasons bodies are embalmed before viewing and hunters field dress kills before transport. Here's some commentary on Genesis 9:4.

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/genesis/9-4.htm

Regarding what should and should not be partaken of, I offer you, Leviticus 11.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus+11&version=KJV

Aussie Thoughts likes this.
  19. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Darn good questions...and while not interested in flinging stools around...the rest I have absolutely no issues with. (other than the fact we are depleting the seas of fish and our descendants will only see primarily jellyfish)

20. Bhaktajan II

The father of Andrew Cuomo, the present Governor of New York State, Mario Cuomo said "There is no such thing as the Mafia"

So when I see YOU GOT TO READ THE COMMENTARY TO KNOW WHAT THE CHAPTER&VERSE SAYS...I am reminded of Ex-Governor of New York State, Mario Cuomo. Or what the phrase closely associated with P. T. Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute"

Same when I think of all the Lemmings that got conscripted to plead allegiance to a capo's edict to report to the Army ---little lemmings do as lemmings do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.