Wow! Is the a titale for Believers in (Glen) Beck

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by radarmark, Oct 10, 2013.

1. radarmark

radarmark Quaker-in-the-Making

2. radarmark

radarmark Quaker-in-the-Making

3. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Being Deviant IS My Art.

Believers in Glen Beck are whack jobs. It is as simple as that. The man himself is unbalanced; his beliefs and perceptions have little to no basis in reality. That he has the following he has is a statement on the ignorance of the American people.

Where did we go so wrong. My belief on that question is people's perception that what they desire to believe trumps anything and everything to the contrary. If someone decided to believe the sun rises in the west, no amount of watching it rise every morning in the east would affect their belief.

When WhatIWantToBelieve is all that counts to a person, they are immune to any proof to the contrary as facts have no relevance in their world view.

4. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

I believe Glenn Beck to be an actor pure and simple.

He was a druggie shock jock who saw he could not compete with the Howard Stern wannabees....but realized he could change his ways and compete with Limbaughs, Liddys and Hannitys of the world.

I don't really believe he believes he believes what he purports to believe, he has become a caricature of that which he meant to portray....because it makes him millions...

5. Gordian Knot

Certainly Rush is an actor as you suggest. The man has said so himself in a television interview. Rush will say whatever it takes to goad people, which is why they listen. Rush himself has but one belief and that is money. The more people listen the more money he makes. He is on tape having said that as well.

But Glenn? He comes across as believing what he is shoveling. Maybe he is simply a much better actor than I give him credit for.....

6. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

I saw a clip on youtube of an episode of the view...barbara walters was accusing him of lying on his show....she detailed what he said, what reality was (it was about her) and he agreed he 'embellished' for his listeners. When fully confronted on it, he told them his listeners don't want to know the truth, he knows what they want to hear and he tells them what they want to hear....and makes millions doing it.

7. Gordian Knot

Which, in a nutshell, is why the Fox Propaganda channel reaches the audience it does. They also realize that Americans want to be told what they want to hear. What an incredibly sad commentary on the state of the nation.

I feel like I am standing at the American equivalent of the fall of the Roman Empire just before the turds hit the whirling blades.....

8. A Cup Of Tea

A Cup Of Tea Well-Known Member

A similar sentiment has echoed in me every time I hear Americans pride in their country. "The greatest country in the world". Perhaps it is, I've never been, but time eats all things. Even my country was the power of it's time once, but that was long ago and no one remembers it any more. I don't think the US will fall, but it won't be the same as it once was, I think. Perhaps it could be better.