You are God!

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by Quirkybird, May 5, 2014.

1. Quirkybird

Quirkybird Granny to five

Shock, horror,:eek: God has decided that it is time to retire as the strain of being in the post is getting too much for such a very senior citizen. You have found the God mantle has fallen on your shoulders, so how would you deal with it?

If I were to find myself in that position, I think for the first time in my life instead of my very small nightly whisky, I might consume a whole bottle and get very drunk, which would be a new experience for me! Once the dreadful hangover had cleared, a few Millennia later,:D my first task would be to do a meet and greet of all earthlings, so they would be in no doubt whatsoever that I existed. They would also be taken on a virtual tour of the afterlife, which would consist of a heavenly idyll crafted to suit all reasonable human desires. They would also view the alternative, the 'sin bin'. I would then explain how I proposed to go about the God task. I wouldn't want any worship as that would make me very uncomfortable. I would tell them that I would be in the role of a sort of forum Admin to whom they could appeal if there was a problem, and I would help them see a way through it. On death I would make a judgement. Those deemed to have had good enough lives would immediately be waved through the heavenly doors. However, anyone who behaved so very badly would be given timeout in the 'sin bin' to reflect on their crimes. Unlike the hell so beloved by more extreme Christians mine would have a time limit. The miscreant would be deemed to have served their time once they had seen the error of their ways, even if that took thousands of years. My sin bin would have a fire, but rather than roasting sinners, it would be used to cook food for the starving on earth. Each citizen of earth would be fitted with a communication apps built into their brain so getting in touch with me would be only a thought away. No doubt I would have to refine my role as time went on, but I think that would do for starters.

How would you go about it?

2. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai Staff Member

I really can't even imagine what it would be like to be God. I do know this however, with what little I actually know and with the human emotions I currently possess, I wouldn't want the job. Too much stress....:eek:

3. Quirkybird

Quirkybird Granny to five

I am in a permanent state of stress, have been since I was born, so taking on the role of deity would probably finish me off!:D