Thoughts....

Discussion in 'Islam' started by wil, Jan 28, 2015.

1. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Why not?

[​IMG]

2. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

why?

[​IMG]

3. A Cup Of Tea

A Cup Of Tea Well-Known Member

You should ask questions about Islam in BJNs thread, he makes an effort.
    Pleas note that putting these pictures together in this way and and asking why implies that there is no reason and that it's pointless.

4. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

I thought he could answer here.... I don't know if it is pointless....I didn't put the pictures together.

They were obviously put together for a point.... I thought he'd find them here for comment.

5. BigJoeNobody

BigJoeNobody Professional Argument Attractor

Although I would have preferred this on my thread, I will answer here. With exception to the man wearing the women's headcovering, I see no issues with any of the above pictures. In Islam, following must be chosen by the individual. If you are listening to a person are you doing the action for Allah's sake or that person's? So IMO if she wants to cover completely it is her right. Is there something wrong with it? Do you find anything that might drive impulsive actions upon her, or draw you to desire her? Do you feel any direct physical attraction? If none was your answer then she is successful in protecting herself and you from committing the sin of lust or desire. In the new testament Jesus (PBUH) says: from Matthew
    So I ask again, what is it you have a problem with her choosing to dress this way. I am not the only one that feels women have a choice: HIJAB IS FOR BOTH MEN AND WOMEN

The ,am shouldn't wear women's clothes so as not to be mistaken for a woman. Social interactions are different Man-Man (and Woman-Woman) to Man-Woman.

6. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

I believe it is not a question of choice when someone is ridiculed, coerced, dictated or be stoned for not wearing a hijab or full hijab.

The question is not what someone chooses to wear, but laws or edicts that the Taliban or House of Saud or others force upon them.

If the hijab is for men and women....where do pictures appear of men in full hijabs?

7. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

8. BigJoeNobody

READ THE ARTICLE!!!!

And I, nor are a vast majority of Muslims, from Taliban, House of Saud (Saudi), Yemeni, Al-Queda, Hamas, Al-Nusra, ISIS, Boko Haram, or any other group that regularly gets news airtime. If you added all the People who are associated with the groups I mentioned you would still not have a population equal to that of Bangledesh (a very predominantly Muslim Country) much less Indonesia.

Also, just because an area is predominantly Muslim, doesn't mean the laws are reflective of Islam. For instance in my knowledge there is not school of thought that a veil is mandantory, but it is the LAW of Saudi Arabia.

Again, It is SUPPOSED to be a choice to follow or not follow the Quran (hence the favor gained from doing the things required and recommended) The Quran says to not commit adultry, but one still has the ability to commit adultry and disregard its rules. They just have to pay the consequences.

Mind you, you are using Hijab all wrong in your sentence. Hijab is not a headscarf, nor is it a veil. Hijab is a guard against sexual immorality. (If my translation is not entirely accurate, I'm sure one of the other Muslim Posters can correct me) A "full Hijab" would be one that reduces attraction from those of the opposite sex. Also Hijab refers to one's own gaze being away from searching for desires, such as looking at a woman for her beauty. Or a man for his looks. One should do their best to stop gazes from others on themselves and their gazes among others.

The Bible has a much stricter dress code does it not? OT and NT

9. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

The bible may have comments about dress... we ignore them as archaic.

Your point on the number of Muslims who are compelled by countries is one thing...

What about the number of women compelled by their husbands?

10. BigJoeNobody

And I find it hilarious that you IGNORE what you believe is the WORD OF GOD. Even Paul comments on covering the head for women and hair and beard for men

11. iBrian

iBrian Peace, Love and Unity Admin

wil, doesn't St Paul make a statement somewhere that all women should cover themselves in Church, at least? :)

12. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

I, bri I believe he does....and we largely ignore that...

BJN.... I don't believe it to be the word of G!d.... I believe it to be man's interpretation of what he says he believed to be the word of G!d. Like the Quran, it is the word of man (in our case many men).... If there were women writing it, it would probably be quite different.

13. BigJoeNobody

Your assumption is the Quran is written by Mouhammed. That is not our belief. And I have no reason to believe a man could write such a book. Interpretation is left to Hadith and Tafsir and in turn Fiqh. These hame mankind influence, but not the Quran.

14. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

My assumption is Mohamed said it, and others wrote it down....

My assumption is that Mohamed told them he was relating the word of Allah to them.

Is my assumption wrong?

15. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Back to the dress code.... Which sects are the most strict? Requiring burqas or nijab?

and can I assume this chart is not complete? As I don't see Salifists or Wahabists on here?

16. BigJoeNobody

"Which sects are most strict?" If you are asking which group best follows Islam (strict to the religion), This is too debatable... Each group would argue they are right. I wouldn't use sects as it sounds too cultish. If you are asking which one opresses women the most by forcing them to wear the most, Salafis generally take that wrap as generally they are requiring women to wear Burqa. Shia's also seem to be very male dominate and woman subserviant. at least that is my perspective of Shias in Iran, Pakistan, and Iraq. And the few Shias I know here in the states.

Not sure which chart you are looking for that might would include Salafists and Wahabists. Not that I'm too familiar with the differences, as I recognize Allah's commandment to all be Muslims and not make divisions amongst us. IMO any group that says they are part of XXXX group are disobeying that command.

17. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Sorry thought I posted the link....

Sect is a bad word? I thought once it referred to sect(ion) or maybe the arabic word for denomination, like Allah is Arabic for G!d.... but it appears wiki may see some issue as they are calling them branches or schools... but they are definitely divisions within Islam are they not? following different teachers? I had a Sunni and a Shia at a table at an interfaith breakfast once....the tension was in the air between them more than between anyone else at the table....but the discussion didn't get overly heated.

Islamic schools and branches - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No not strict as in Quranic but strict as in burqa... So are Salifists and Wahabists Sunni? or Shia?

18. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

19. donnann

donnann Well-Known Member

It makes no sense to me to cover your face. It makes a good point though on how if women do it men should.

20. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Yeah, the theory goes that men are in less control of their libido than women...hence the need for women to cover up, rather than men put their animal instincts in check.

But from my research and anecdotal evidence....um...er...I am thankful that women also have urges and needs to be fulfilled. I'ma goin to the hell I don't believe in!