How Was Your Week?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Aussie Thoughts, May 29, 2016.

1. wil

wil UNeyeR1

That would be a good week.

2. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Why do kids make things so blinkin' different!

There was a day when, statistically, more than 90% of people married someone within 12 miles of where they lived. I suppose in the Aus Outback, that's from here to the tool shed ...

We had three weddings for our anglo-Canadian partnership ... Civil UK wedding, Social UK wedding, Social Canada wedding ... Celebrant for 2 and 3 was groom's good friend who, because he worked as a mortician or something, had the required authorisation to officiate at weddings!?

3. Aussie Thoughts

Aussie Thoughts Just my 2 cents

Can't blame the kids for this one. Son's intended was born and raised not 5 kilometers from our front door. His dad on the other hand married a gal from the states who's biological father hails from the Fiji Islands. So couple years back dad decides it'd be a nice gesture to have his future daughter-in-law accompany the family on holiday to both countries and inadvertently complicates things with a side trip to the opposite US coast where future daughter-in-law acquires a Dutch Uncle whom she's now decided must solemnize the marriage. -o_O

Thomas likes this.
  4. StevePame

StevePame Administrator Staff Member

If I ever get married, I'm doing it in Canada with a mortician as the officiant!

5. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Just let me know. He's a lovely guy.

He's a big guy, too, I mean, really tall and built like a bulldozer, so there's no stepping out of line during the ceremonies, and if things go seriously wrong at the afterparty, he's qualified to tidy up the mess!

StevePame likes this.
  6. Aussie Thoughts

Aussie Thoughts Just my 2 cents

The almost ironed out plan:

Son and his intended lodge the marriage form and take their legal oaths at the registrar's office with both sets of parents in attendance.

Mom stays behind to make further preparations while Dad accompanies son and his now wife to the states where said marriage will be solemnized by Dutch Uncle at chosen venue as dad videotapes proceedings for later viewing.

After a brief honeymoon, trio heads to left coast to rendezvous with Grandmom and step Granddad who will accompany us back home where we'll later be joined by Granddad and step Grandmom from Fiji along with half the frigging native population of OZ for the reception and video screening.

Simple right...? -o_O

7. NikkiNeversleep

NikkiNeversleep New Member

Not the best week but I've had worse.

8. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro

Just found out that my optician closed, and I have to find one that takes my insurance. I'm going to phone my insurance caseworker tomorrow.

Can you say "headdesk?"

I knew you could.

At least I know that I'm going to the drag show Caturday (picked up my ticket today.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine