Criticized from Within

Discussion in 'Comparative Studies' started by Namaste Jesus, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

I definitely take from various faiths... They all have great aspects... I chuckle handily at the folks who think yoga shouldn't be in schools cause if its eastern roots...there are traditions, concepts and thought in all religions (that I have explored to date) that have merit... And blending...HELL YES. Find what is comfortable for you...

Sufi dancing is all about finding what resonates in all religions, putting it out in chant and movement... I find great pleasure and learning celebrating high holy days with Jews..(happy new year) ...and other such things...

2. Aussie Thoughts

Aussie Thoughts Just my 2 cents

Sure someone can have that opinion, but once you've clarified the matter multiple times and they continue to harp on the same thing, it drifts past opinion into harassment.
    I think NJ's being defensive too, but not without cause. I mean, how many times does a bloke have to explain himself?
    Seemed that way to me as well, so I guess we're both wrong. Actually, I think you displayed remarkable restraint. I wouldn't have been nearly as kind. Where's that Samoan decking lug I once knew?;)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Namaste Jesus likes this.
  3. A Cup Of Tea

A Cup Of Tea Well-Known Member

I think it's a matter of what is defined as a new faith, it still seems like one for me. Why is it a bad thing?

4. Aussie Thoughts

My feeling is, if you haven't changed the core beliefs of that faith, it's still the same faith. That aside though, once the person being questioned states their side it should be over. No need to keep bringing it up.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  5. A Cup Of Tea

I've noticed that you two feel that way, a lot of don't, we want to understand each other and ask questions to do so. It's the reason we are here, to aks questions.

6. Aussie Thoughts

I agree, but once the query's been repeatedly addressed, why keep asking or insisting the same thing? That's bound to invite an indignant response. If you don't agree with something, so be it. Just leave it at that.

7. A Cup Of Tea

Isn't it clear that you think I'm asking the same question over and over and I do not? Or do you honestly think I get a laugh out of just bothering you two? I hold back my questions all the time because you get offended by it, I'm trying to be to be respectful, but how my question was irrelevant or harassing this time I have no idea.

8. Aussie Thoughts

Hang on mate. I think we're talking about 2 different things. Post #42, #44 and #46 weren't directed at you personally. I was talking about the questions and statements directed at NJ. I thought that's what your query referred to as well. Must've just misunderstood each other. No worries. I'm done anyway. I already got into this further than I intended. Sorry NJ.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  9. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai Moderator

No problem. Seems to have fallen on deaf ears, but I appreciate the assist. You know this thread is almost on it's fourth page and only 5 posts directly address the question raised in the OP. I wish there were a way for thread creators to close threads that get too far off-topic or a way for creators to delete erroneous posts before they do.
    Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. Especially when that Samoan is beyond your immediate reach.;)

10. omega2xx

omega2xx Member

Could you tell if they were Christians? Maybe they were just traditional church goers and the teachings of the Bible were not important to them.

11. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

i was following them out if the church.

N....lol...".Maybe they were just traditional church goers and the teachings of the Bible were not important to them" ?!?! Idk what that means...

12. omega2xx

omega2xx Member

Not every one who goes to church is a Christian. However Christians are still sinners. We all act like the teachings of Jesus are not important from time to time. It seems you are suggesting that what you saw is typical of all Christians.

13. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Lol...where did I say all? Did I even imply that the entire congregation was pushing and shoving their cars to get out of the parking lot?

Me thinks your world view is your world view.

Not all who goto church are Christian? I was saying some who go don't recall the message they just heard 30 minutes later...

I'll leave the rest of the judgement of who is and who isn't to you....since evidently someone made you the authority...

14. omega2xx

omega2xx Member

I haven't judged any one but you have.

15. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Lol...yes I do...after a sermon on peace and love for your fellow man... And then watching the honking and impatience to get out of the parking lot....I think they must have slept thru or missed the talk...

But I don't judge them as non christian...
    And all? Where did I imply all?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.