The Latest With Drumpf (Trump)

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine, Jan 29, 2017.

1. wil

wil UNeyeR1

4 cops injured....smh

2. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro

Unfortunately, guns are his answer to everything, or do you remember what he said after the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting?

More guns in schools/churches/synagogues/mosques/etc. seems to be his answer. :(

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

3. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet God Feeds the Ravens

Anyway, they don't seem to want his sympathy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...WELCOME-visit-synagogue-11-people-killed.html

'... You yourself called the murderer evil, but yesterday’s violence is the direct culmination of your influence.’

Trump is accused by the group of ‘deliberately undermin[ing] the safety of people of color, Muslims, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities.

‘Yesterday’s massacre is not the first act of terror you incited against a minority group in our country,’ the letter read.

‘President Trump, you are not welcome in Pittsburgh until you stop targeting and endangering all minorities.’ ...

... The group noted that the gunman, Robert Bowers, was angry at the Jewish community because of the work of the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, a Jewish nonprofit that helps resettle migrants and refugees ...

... Trump and the Republican Party have been accused of spreading anti-Semitic conspiracy theories which blame Hungarian-born financier George Soros for the migrant caravan currently making its way through Mexico...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  4. Arif Ghamiq

Arif Ghamiq Active Member

RJM Corbet likes this.
  5. RJM Corbet

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  6. RJM Corbet

He's campaigning again. What he loves most. Applauding himself up onto the stage to speak. To say whatever gets him applause. If the audience changes, he'll say the opposite. Can't afford to upset the NRA right now.

He's supposed to be not a politician. But he's the worst of the worst at playing up the public and riding the wave. No personal ethos whatsoever. Imo

Goodnight

7. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Don't you mean Pittsburgh? There's only one Pittsburgh with an "h" on the end, but at least two without it (I believe.)

I apologize for correcting you here, but I had to learn how to spell the city because I spent the first 10 1/2 years of my life there (the city with the "unusual" spelling".)

Anyway, Drumpf is almost as divisive as Abraham Lincoln was in his time, if not moreso imho.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

8. RJM Corbet

Lincoln caused a civil war. And he didn't have a nuclear button.

America was an isolated nation in those days, without the weight to affect the rest the planet. The divisive effects of your president's decisions and actions are not limited to the US.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  9. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    StevePame likes this.
  10. RJM Corbet

The fact that medical painkiller drugs can be abused does not mean they should not be made available for patients who need them, imo

11. Arif Ghamiq

Fentanyl is easy enough to overdose on - just a little too much and the user is dead. How much more potent do these pain killers really need to be ?

12. RJM Corbet

I see your point. The patient can only absorb so much anyway. But I don't know. A doctor might answer that.

The point stands though. The fact medical drugs can be abused should not prevent patients in pain from benefitting from them.

13. RJM Corbet

Possibly patients develop tolerance and need higher doses. Would they develop stronger pain drugs if there was no medical need?

14. Arif Ghamiq

I think they just might - yes

RJM Corbet likes this.
  15. wil

wil UNeyeR1

They should prove first that it benefits the patient over existing drugs (and not just the manufacturer). Opiod manufacturerers are a part of the opiod crisis.

StevePame, RJM Corbet and Arif Ghamiq like this.
  16. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Jefferson Sessions has resigned under duress by Drumpf (from what I understand.)

I guess that it started after Sessions recused himself from the Russia investigation, culminating with the refusal to end (or curtail) the Mueller investigation. The AG pro tem is more of a Drumpf "yes man" (again, from what I understand...)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

17. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

18. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Manafort is hoping for a pardon (he's gonna need it!)

See everyone under the table with the ubiquitous :kitty: delegation.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

19. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Drumpf's disapproval rating is at ~60% here in the US! Has another president ever been so poorly rated?

Oh, and he claims that the tear gas used was "very safe". I wish that I was kidding!

I'll be over with the :kitty: delegation...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

20. wil

wil UNeyeR1

After he shows us teat gas And water boarding are safe he should ddmontrate drinking Flint water