The Latest With Drumpf (Trump)

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro

2. wil

wil UNeyeR1

He has zero negotiating skills...he has operated as a bully with money.and lawyers, the ability to withstand losses when he can't steamroll.

3. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Drumpf's disapproval rating from the Gallup poll is 59% (63% from MSNBC's poll.)

I wonder what will get him to realize that he's disliked by more than half of the population?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

4. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Drumpf Blinked! He "broke" before Pelosi did, plus (almost) everybody in Congress "turned their backs" on the president and McConnell.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

5. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

6. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

WTF?
    https://start.att.net/news/read/art...icated_cartoo-rfoxnews/category/entertainment

What happened to "Freedom of Speech"? I mean, as long as there aren't any threats or inciting language, who cares what is in a comic strip? If these newspapers drop Non Sequitur for "anti-Trump rhetoric", they should drop a popular strip for "pro-Trump rhetoric" imho!

I'll be over there with the :kitty: delegation.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

7. wil

wil UNeyeR1

I got no problems with the sentiment, but do with the language. The author knew he was going to get in trouble with it, made a choice he and the readers will have to live with it

8. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Drumpf declared a national emergency because Congress wouldn't fund his beloved Border Wall. :rolleyes:

What if there was a real National Emergency? Would we be like the villagers in Aesop's fable The Boy Who Cried Wolf?

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

9. wil

wil UNeyeR1

The sky is falling, I agreed with Coulter!

10. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

11. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

There are/were discussions/"discussions" about whether to take Drumpf to court, challenging his emergency order on whether or not the border wall's funding constitutes an emergency. There is at least one group that I agree with concerning their filing (cutting down native brush for the "wall", disrupting the life cycles of several species of butterflies and moths [including some that are threatened/endangered], plus disrupting legitimate human workers for the Butterfly Conservancy.)

We won't begin to discuss disruptions for several other species besides humans, butterflies and moths along Drumpf's beloved border wall. If he wants all of that land taken through Eminent Domain, he should have Mar-a-Lago seized the same way, preferably while he's still on the links!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

12. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I just listened to part of Pence's speech, and when he mentioned Drumpf by name, there was deafening silence. Literally nobody applauded the president, even when Pence paused in his speech for some acknowledgement. Heck, even Senator Lindsey Graham's mention got applause!

Oh, the irony!

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

13. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Sixteen states' Attorneys General have filed suits against Drumpf connected to his "National Emergency", and more are expected! https://start.att.net/player/catego...ue_over_president_trumps_national_emerg-newsy

I sincerely wish that he (Drumpf) had to take the freshman constitutional law final exam without assistance of any kind before he ran for office!

Hell, StevePame, or one of his colleagues teaching social studies/current events, should be following and/or discussing what's going on with his/their students since it effects them just as much as the rest of the "United" States (just my humble opinion.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  14. StevePame

StevePame Administrator Staff Member

Oh, I'm following all of this quite closely. We had a social studies meeting this morning to figure out how we were going to handle this topic moving forward, as there was a lot of uproar after the emergency declaration from the students. Teaching in a red state has its challenges at all times, but especially during this presidency.

On the advice of our chair, all the social studies teachers are changing our final assignment for the year. Rather than a final paper, we're going to have students break into small groups and we're assigning them roles that will rotate. One role will be to defend whatever provocative position we assign that week, even if they don't personally agree with it. We're hoping to build some empathy and understanding. We have another meeting on Friday to hash out the details and frame everything so that we're all clear, but our students are going to spend a lot of time on this topic in the coming weeks. Fortunately(?), a lot of thematic issues we cover throughout the second semester can be highlighted by the Wall Debate, so there's going to be a lot of challenging the students to draw modern connections to historical realities and support their views with credible sources.

15. wil

wil UNeyeR1

I used to live that, I don't know if it benefited me long time, or maybe it wasn't the assignment or challenge but me gaming the system

16. StevePame

StevePame Administrator Staff Member

I can't say I'm surprised to hear you say that. Based on your nearly 20,000(?!!!) messages on here, I can see a bit of that trait in you still.

17. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Yo, youse saying I'm verbose? Lol

18. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Roger Stone has been placed under a total gag order! And boy did he deserve it!

I mean, posting a doctored photo of the judge with an image of crosshairs on the back of her head online was, at the very least, tasteless.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  19. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

If the shoe fits...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

20. wil

wil UNeyeR1

I find it tasty, I keep hot sauce in my purse.