The Latest With Drumpf (Trump)

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Devils' Advocate

Devils' Advocate Well-Known Member

Well the answer to the last question is a no brainer. Trump's word cannot be trusted on anything. Anything at all. He also said there wouldn't be detention camps but that they would be humane ones (another blatant contradiction). As I understand it the detention camps have begun construction. Anyone want to bet how humane they end up being?

2. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro

I was about to start a drinking game with all of Drumpf's contradictions, but I'm afraid of being hospitalized for alcohol poisoning.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

3. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro

Now Drumpf's gotta find a replacement for National Security Advisor since Michael Flynn resigned. There's not enough headdesking in the world for all of the enuram coming out of Washington, DC.

A little background on why Flynn was removed: he apparently talked about US sanctions with a Russian ambassador.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

4. wil

wil UNeyeR1

He's Fired!!! And we got another talking head stumbling over the lunacy trump is telling him to say about voter fraud...

I used to enjoy watching the craziness of the UK parliament, kadafi in his uniforms.... And now that we have the tea baggers in charge I feel remiscent for not having more concern for the people being governed...

5. Lux

Lux Active Member

6. Devils' Advocate

Trump lied? Say it ain't so!

7. wil

wil UNeyeR1

I've gotten used to trumps outrageous lies. Repeatedly spouting what the world already knows is a lie on inane, unimportant things.

It appears none of his inner circle is willing tell him how stupid looking that makes him. Crowd size, record murders, etc.

And then he sends these three minions out to.repeat known lies... At least when bush sent Powell to the UN it took a bit of research before we figured he was lying.

8. Lux

Lux Active Member

Viewer Discretion is Advised.
    Trump has no cloth ... ew.jpeg

9. Devils' Advocate

What really jerks my chain is that his supporters don't give a damn that he lies constantly. It's not as if they don't know it. Just fine with them. But Obama tells a lie and we don't hear the end of it for six months. I DESPISE this hypocrisy!

10. wil

wil UNeyeR1

The hypocrisy lies on both sides... Neither sees their saviour as anything but.

They close their eyes to faults and dance on successes...

11. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai

Have we ever had a president that didn't smudge the facts, tell half truths and out and out lie? None that I can remember. This one's just not as good at covering it up. Hell, he don't even try. Ah, but fear not. Trump's in the cross-hairs now. Just a matter of time before everyone is b*tching about President Pence. Who knows, perhaps that was the GOP's plan all along.;)

12. Lux

Lux Active Member

But not this magnitude ...

13. wil

wil UNeyeR1

So you approve of his constant lies?

Do you think not covering them up and repeating them is something to be admired?

Does mommy everyone is doing it an acceptable justification?

Clinton was impeached for one lie...

And yes, when this one leaves office we will be complaining if the anti choice homophobe starts pushing an altright agenda.

Pence is impeachment kryptonite... Drumpfs great white hope.

14. Namaste Jesus

No, no and no. Just saying he's no different in that respect. Has he lied more? Probably. Then again him not being a politician it's hard to say. I think they just get away with it more.

Bill was impeached, (although it failed to reach the 2/3 Senate vote required to fully process), for the one lie he admitted to. Who knows how many there were in total. Interesting side note: After Bill admitted to having an affair with Monica and lying to the public about it, his approval rating actually went up!
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/4609/presidential-job-approval-bill-clintons-high-ratings-midst.aspx

15. Lux

Lux Active Member

Trump makes too many too outrageous claims and never admits he was wrong to have said those things. Trump and his minions are insulting the American people’s intelligence on a daily basis. And the half of the country is okay with it. I just don’t get it.

16. wil

wil UNeyeR1

From the turmoil within his camp and GOP defectors... He may very well be the first American president that goes to prison...

He is better start cutting a deal with pence now

17. wil

wil UNeyeR1

And if trump quit lying and quit sending his minions out for backing up his lies, and admitted he lied... His approval rating would go up as well....

Wait, is it possible for them to go down?

18. Namaste Jesus

That's what everyone said about Richard Nixon, but then he pulled the rug out by resigning and having Gerald Ford pardon him.

19. Devils' Advocate

NJ this right here is what I don't get about Trump supporters. Yes every politician lies. Trump is on a level all his own. He lies more in one week than any other president in recent history has done in six months! And if you are not willing to admit that is true (generally speaking, not specifically) - well like I said, I don't understand his supporters. He lies every day. He lies about stuff that can be proven to be a lie with a phone call to another person that was present at that particular moment. This is lying on an unprecedented level. I honestly don't believe he is able to tell truth from what he wants to believe.

Comparing him to 'other politicians' is just wrong. The difference is that extreme.

20. Devils' Advocate

There may be more truth to that than at first glance. Pence is already starting his Ultra Christian campaign against this country from his position as VP. I get it. Conservatives believed this would happen. Even as VP, Pense is changing the course of religious fairness in this country. And there is every possibility that Trump will indeed be impeached and Pense will have it all.