Ten year sentence has come to an end for Hahvesh Sabet

Discussion in 'Baha'i' started by arthra, Sep 20, 2017.

1. arthra

arthra Baha'i

Decade of unjust imprisonment ends for Mahvash Sabet
    19 September 2017
    Close

Share this page:
    BaiduBalatarinBloggerDiggFacebookGoogle PlusLinkedinLiveJournalOdnoklassnikiRedditWeiboTumblrTwitterVKSkypePinterest

Mahvash Sabet, former member of the Yaran. Her unjust and harrowing imprisonment has come to an end today.

BIC NEW YORK — After enduring ten years of unjust imprisonment and harsh treatment, Mahvash Sabet's sentence has come to an end. She is one of the seven members of the former leadership group of the Baha'is in Iran known as the Yaran, who were jailed on false and baseless charges.

[​IMG]

During her confinement in Iran's notorious Evin and Raja'i Shahr prisons, Mrs. Sabet distinguished herself by the loving care and kindness she extended to her fellow prisoners. Journalist Roxana Saberi, who shared a cell in Evin with Mrs. Sabet and fellow Yaran member Fariba Kamalabadi, has written about how their compassion touched the lives of other inmates, as well as a touching recollection of how they cared for her during her hunger strike.

Read more at

Decade of unjust imprisonment ends for Mahvash Sabet | Bahá’í World News Service (BWNS)