Something I read earlier today that I don't know where to put

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro

I wonder what vajradhara would post about this. :oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

2. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The EU and the United States seem to have forgotten:

Don't know where to put the video, though. :(

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

3. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

(Belated) Happy National Pet Day to everyone in the United States from the Milwaukee :kitty: delegation! We hope that you got the proper respect from your humans.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

StevePame likes this.
  4. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Not really read but am listening to.

On The Media is talking about what's going on with the "newest"/"latest" pandemic (CorVid19) as well as related topics.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

5. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

6. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The rabbi in charge of the Western Wall has curtailed prayers and suspended the kissing of The Wall until further notice due to Covid-19. I hope that people abide the new rules there.

I'd link to the article, but there's something with the Jerusalem Post and sharing articles.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

7. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

The Harley Davidson factory in Milwaukee has been shut down indefinitely because two of the workers tested positive for COVID-19.

I'm torn between two schools of thought:

1) If they didn't know that they were infected, then I can kinda understand why that could happen and I might let it slide

2) If they did know, what the FOOK were they thinking? I mean, they might've infected everyone they came in contact with at work (more likely they did infect everyone they came in contact with) as well as their loved ones, and the factory's going to undergo a complete cleaning/disinfection.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

8. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

9. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

This :mad: me off royally: https://www.yahoo.com/news/pope-joins-inter-faith-prayers-151925644.html

What irks me is that a group of "traditionalist" catholics (they don't deserve the capitalization imho) are calling Pope Francis to task for joining in the interfaith prayers. Don't they realize that the virus doesn't care whether a person believes in and/or practices a particular religion/faith/spirituality?

Hell, I think Jesus would be participating in the prayers if not going in to help those who need it, especially those who have to work menial, yet essential, jobs (I don't think that I have to enumerate.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

10. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Galling, isn't it!

In a world of increasing atheism, you'd think believers would take solace and inspiration from fellow believers ... but no, instead, they go to the barricades and perpetuate the injustices of centuries.

I've had invites from Muslim neighbours to open-days at the mosque (remember 'open days'?). neighbours at the other end of the street took my daughter to a Hindu festival when she was a friend of their daughter at school. They dressed her from head to toe in traditional garb. She looked fabulous and felt fantastic, like a princess in the movies!

Opponents of interfaith would do well to contemplate the phrase, "For the love of (insert your deity here)"

When I practiced martial arts, we'd perform rei, an act of reverence or even veneration to the founder of the Ryu. It never crossed my mind that this was somehow heretical, but if you'd believe the likes of Rorate Caeli, it is! Utter nonsense, founder on fear and ignorance.

Cino, wil and StevePame like this.
  11. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

A truism:

[​IMG]

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

12. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Anyone watching British politics?

We've hit a new low, and every time we thought we'd gone as low as we could, our Prime Minister shows how to sink lower...

13. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Heck, it is you, us, and Brazil....I can't keep up with which leader is saying/doing t he stupidest things which will affect generations of its citizens to come. I feel for ya!

Thomas likes this.
  14. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

Ours is impulsive though well-meaning, and the nation has to suffer the consequences, demonetization or lock-down.

15. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Ours is a case of flagrant display of elitism, the disregard of the public, and a policy of lie, then stand by your lies, until the media circus moves on ...

16. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

wil likes this.
  17. Aupmanyav

Aupmanyav Search, be your own guru.

Very nice Kookaburra.

18. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

A rather interesting/pertinent article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinese-cdc-now-says-coronavirus-224900090.html

Just in case the article is taken down sometime in the future: The Chinese and the CDC don't believe that the Wuhan wet market was where the novel coronavirus originated, but it probably was one of (if not the first) super-spreader event.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    RJM Corbet likes this.
  19. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Several cities are under curfew (both Milwaukee and Kenosha here in Wisconsin have 8:30 pm [local time] curfews, but I'm not sure about elsewhere.)

The weather sirens have been going off and helicopters are flying over my apartment complex on a rather regular basis (what would happen if severe weather happens during this curfew, especially tornadoes and/or flash floods?)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

20. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I read an article about the current situation around the country and a similar situation roughly fifty-one years ago in New York. The one sentence that jumped out at me was, "If you don't believe that Black Lives Matter, don't celebrate Pride Month."

Turns out that the majority of men arrested during the Stonewall riots were PoC.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine