Palestinian Protest

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Arif Ghamiq, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Arif Ghamiq

Arif Ghamiq Active Member

The Protest at the Israeli border has subsided after 12-17 Palestinian deaths by Israeli Military. The number of those killed differ depending on the news source.

I am among those who believe the Israeli occupation to be unjust and brutal, and that most of the Palestinians are basically living in a large prison camp.

I understand that not everyone sees it that way and I am not combative about it.

I just want to bring a little more attention to it and get some feedback.

A Cup Of Tea likes this.
  2. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Just as partisan politics in the United States is often people in each camp not listening and throwing stones at each other...

It is quite common for most Muslims to think the way you've stated, and most Israeli's to disagree.

I am among those who believe that the imprisoning of Blacks and Hispanics in the US, the selective targeting of the drug war is unjust and brutal and they are living in Slavery (prison labor camp).

I am also among those that believe that in Saudi Arabia, Iran (and some other but surely not all) countries women are treated in unjust and brutal ways.

I am also among those that believe the majority of the citizenry in North Korea are living in unjust and brutal conditions.

I also believe I could go on and on in this regard....

Problems exist in this world... solutions which all sides agree upon are the rarity.

Arif Ghamiq likes this.
  3. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

I always thought I could not expect my kids to clean their room better than I.

to put it another way...

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

to put it another way...

One should get their own house in order before we insist on others...

to put it another way...

before we complain about the splinter in someone elses eye we should get the log out of their own...

to put it another way...

I, my communtiy, my state, my country, my religion... I (we) have got a lot to do before I start pointing fingers...

(last note:.... that has never stopped me)

4. Thomas

Thomas Administrator Admin

Many in the Uk think along those lines — if not an actual prison camp, then the Palestinians are living under occupation and having the tights, their lands and their lives slowly by Israel.

Unfortunately pro-Israel elements are very quick to associate any criticism of Israel as overt anti-Semitism, to shift the argument away from the occupation.

5. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Just as the hawks try to rewrite facts regarding the Occupation of Iraq.

The current events in Palestine continue the past events....the death toll has been so lopsided and ignored for decades... One side has all the tech and weapons, and controls the news...the other has rocks and whatever they can cobble together. The oppressors constantly refer to centuries of oppression to deflect actual discussion.

Imperialism continues to be an issue in this world.

6. rosends

rosends Member

End the unjust blockade of Gaza by Egypt!
    Give Arabs autonomy in Gaza so that they can elect their own government!
    Give Arabs living in Israel citizenship and equal rights! Let them serve in government!
    Forbid any government from having areas which are forbidden to members of other countries or faiths!

7. A Cup Of Tea

A Cup Of Tea Well-Known Member

I'm not at all well informed about the issues there, but all these things sound more than reasonable.

8. Arif Ghamiq

Bernie Sanders said yesterday that the Israeli Government overreacted and didn't accept their justifications

9. rosends

rosends Member

This is true. Bernie Sanders DID say that!

10. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

upload_2018-4-2_10-49-14.png

Craz likes this.
  11. bluesunflower

bluesunflower New Member

I agree with you. Israel should never have been created without a Palestinian State too.

12. Arif Ghamiq

The Israeli Government continues to call the Protests a "cover" by Hamas to attack the border.

Israeli Snipers have killed six Palestinian Journalist who were wearing their Press vests - attempting to silence any Palestinian version of what's happening in Palestine.

13. A Cup Of Tea

Do we know this is there intent, or could it be simple apathy?

EDIT: I don't want to imply that they don't want the silencing. But clear intent is a very special beast.

14. Arif Ghamiq

Certainly there is no way to know for sure, but I do think that the intentions of Israeli Leaders would be to silence the voices of the Palestinians.

Now the Israeli Snipers would be following orders coming down from these Leaders and apathy would be in play with them - I believe.

A Cup Of Tea likes this.
  15. rosends

rosends Member

Absolutely! If only there was some offer made to the Arab leaders in 1948 which would have given them their own state!

Craz likes this.
  16. rosends

rosends Member

Right! It isn't like there is any proof that anyone is trying to break through the border, and there is no particular interest expressed by leadership to storm through into Israel. That would be crazy!

Craz likes this.
  17. Arif Ghamiq

Yeah, Press Passes are infamous for penetrating border walls.

18. rosends

rosends Member

That would be as ridiculous as hiding terrorists in ambulances.

Craz likes this.
  19. A Cup Of Tea

I don't think this is getting anywhere productive, I'm going to preemptively note this for Steve.

StevePame likes this.
  20. Arif Ghamiq

I hear you Cup, I don't want the conversation to go south either, if that becomes the case I'd rather not have it at all.

Of all the topics I discuss, I'm most cautious about this one - even when discussing it with Muslims. Analogies seem to apply to this topic that are applied nowhere else.

I've had close friends/Brothers from Palestine with whom the conversation about this issue became difficult - sitting right there in the Masjid. I felt very ignorant of the situation when sitting and talking with someone who was born & raised there, but it was enlightening.

I'd like to be able to support something productive regarding the Palestinian - Israeli problem. I'd like to see it in global society - it really seems hopeless.

A Cup Of Tea likes this.