Christianity in the US...

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by wil, Apr 13, 2018.

1. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

For those around the world... I am ashamed....but this is what we are dealing with

http://www.newsweek.com/white-house-bible-group-led-pastor-anti-gay-anti-women-anti-catholic-881860

.....Those comments come after he wrote in a Bible study addressed to the U.S. Capitol in 2013: “Not only is homosexuality and same sex marriage voided by God in His Word, but biology as well castigates homosexuality and same sex marriage: The ultimate outcome is the discontinuation of the species since homosexuals cannot procreate. For sure one cannot be a homosexual and an evolutionist at the same time.”

In 2004, Drollinger was criticized for declaring Catholicism "is one of the primary false religions of the world."

As a result, progressive campaigners have objected to Drollinger’s regular meetings with high-ranking US politicians, and fear the influence he could have on their political outlook.

The first Bible study group held for the U.S. Cabinet in at least 100 years is led by a pastor who believes homosexuality is "illegitimate," who doesn't believe women should preach and has described Catholicism as a "false" religion.

Ten members of the Cabinet, including Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, sponsor the study group, which holds meetings lasting between one hour and 90 minutes every Wednesday, according to BBC News. It unfolds at a location in Washington, D.C., that is kept secret for security reasons.

Its leader is Ralph Drollinger, a pastor and president of Capitol Ministries: an organization which aims to “evangelize elected officials and lead them toward maturity in Christ.”

2. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro Moderator

I wonder what skeletons he's hiding in his closet!

I remember a couple of scandals involving fire-and-brimstone evangelical ministers that were caught "ministering" to gay prostitutes iykwim... It seems the more an evangelical minister is vocal against homosexuality, the more likely he is a closeted homosexual (just my humble opinion here.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

3. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

That seems to apply to politicians as well.