Baha'i Prayer Beads...

Discussion in 'Baha'i' started by arthra, Jun 5, 2018.

1. arthra

arthra Baha'i

Baha'is recite the Greatest Name ninety five times a day following ablutions and usually while seated facing the Qiblih near Akka in northern Israel...

While Baha’is use prayer beads… ours have ninety five beads as we recite the Greatest Name “Allah’u’Abha” ninety five times, there’s no special way to use them.
    You keep count from a main bead to the end.
    In my case I’ve found a way to count the recitation using my hands… so we (or most of us) have five digits on the left hand and nineteen points from the end of each digit and including the joints of the digits on the right hand. Using this method you don’t need prayer beads… and no excuses for not recited the Greatest Name.

More about our “Prayer Beads” see:
    http://www.enablemetogrow.com/2013/03/13...lahuabhas/
    [​IMG]

2. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

What dies it mean?

3. arthra

arthra Baha'i

"Allah'u'Abha" is Arabic for "God is Most Glorius". There's a site that explains the origin and meaning further at

EXPLANATION OF THE SYMBOL OF THE GREATEST NAME

[​IMG]

The identity of the Greatest Name – a mystery concealed from time immemorial "behind the mystic veil" and preserved in the treasure house of the knowledge of God, was to be revealed and manifested to men's eyes at its appointed time in accordance with the Divine Plan, like the other manifold and basic truths of the New Age. Allusions had been made to it by the Messengers of old, under the impact of Whose Revelations, man has made spiritual progress and gradually attained a clearer understanding of its hidden meanings. Like a brilliant sun wrapt in clouds, the Greatest Name remained hidden and unknown. Those who longed to catch a glimpse of its splendour drew close, but enjoyed only a dim vision of its radiance. Throughout past centuries, in accordance with the inscrutable wisdom of God's progressive revelation of truth, the veils remained until gradually, one by one, were removed from this precious and all-embracing Name.

Read more at

http://bahai-library.com/faizi_symbol_greatest_name