Leaving a Will and Testament required for Baha'is:

Discussion in 'Baha'i' started by arthra, Jun 14, 2018.

1. arthra

arthra Baha'i

Baha'is are required to leave a Will and Testament outlining the inheritance for their children:

"Unto everyone hath been enjoined the writing of a will." - Baha'u'llah

A further requirement:

"If the deceased should leave children who are under age, their share of the inheritance must be entrusted to a reliable individual, or to a company, that it may be invested on their behalf in trade and business until they come of age. The trustee should be assigned a due share of the profit that hath accrued to it from being thus employed." - Baha'u'llah

My wife and I set up a Trust along with our Will to provide for our descendants. Without a Will the survivors may well have to resort to a Court and legal fees could be exorbitant. Baha'i Faith stresses unity and strong families.

There is a provision that if you do not leave a Will certain distributions will be made but as yet these are not enforced.

The following site further elucidates:

Bahá'í Wills Testaments and Estate Law

2. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

A testament, on the other hand, is about one's spiritual estate. <interesting> In it many people endeavor to pass on what they have learned and what they deem most important about their life journey. A testament can be a repository of family history, a personal sermon, a list of accomplishments and/or regrets. Or, in my case, a summary of what I have always wanted to tell my loved ones that they didn't want to hear at the time, LOL! <err...yikes>

I've never knew this part...

3. StevePame

StevePame Administrator Admin

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing, arthra!