More Left-Wing Media-Driven BS!

Discussion in 'Politics and Society' started by Namaste Jesus, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Namaste Jesus

Namaste Jesus Praise the Lord and Enjoy the Chai Moderator

2. A Cup Of Tea

A Cup Of Tea Well-Known Member

I was sure you supported the idea of business refusing service on moral ground?

3. Namaste Jesus

Whether I do or don't has nothing to do the media-driven BS taking place here.....

4. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Yeah the not everyone gets cake crowd are snowflaking all over themselves...

WH staffers cant get tinder dates, child stealing" just followong the law folks "chanted out of Mexican eateries, the retaliatory hypocritical country justice reigns supreme.

5. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

I would be interested in reading how any left wing media instigated this.

6. Namaste Jesus

Yup, no Trump haters in the media. None and it's not like they damn every move the current administration makes or anything. Nothing there to give the leftist sheep any ideas....:rolleyes:

7. A Cup Of Tea

I was going to ask you more about this but I lost interest around here.

StevePame likes this.
  8. Namaste Jesus

That's how I feel about all the Trump bashing ilk posted on IO. No fun when the shoe's on the other foot I guess.

9. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Still waiting for any evidence that the media was behind these individual actions. Now due to the reports by all media, both left and right on these instancces...and how they are getting the desired response...I expect we will we will see more of this (from both sides), note vitriol, and more finger pointing.

But again, this is a place for discussion. How does this differ from refusing to make a cake?

(Noting.that political affiliation is not.protected against discrimination)

10. Namaste Jesus

All I'm saying is, IMHO, the way the right is often portrayed in the media causes many from the liberal left to jump up on their soapboxes inciting the masses to join the bandwagon.

The cake thing is completely irrelevant. No one in the restaurant was asked to serve a meal inscribed in such a manner as to imply agreement with anything contrary to one's religious beliefs.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  11. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

Exactly....they disagreed with their politics....perfectly legal to discriminate against them...in hiring, in serving, in rental units, in every way.... You know...laws.

So the headline was salacious and untrue...glad that was clarified...

But you know the disgust over black lives matter, over racist justice systems, over football players taking a knee?

Couple white people miss a meal and oh my...

12. Namaste Jesus

Yeah the restaurant owner's spin is Sarah Sanders and family were refused service on moral grounds. I suppose it's morally acceptable to refuse service to someone based solely on who they work for and how the media portrays them.

That's just it. It's not "Oh My" to the media driven left.... A couple of men can enter a coffee shop with absolutely no intention of giving said establishment their patronage. Go so far as to occupy a table reserved for paying customers and when they're asked to leave, a media fed firestorm instills. By contrast, a restaurant owner can eject legitimate paying customers simply because of who they work for and claim the moral highroad. No media rabble rousing on their behalf. No picket lines. No sit-ins.

13. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

You are not speaking of the Starbucks discussions now are you? Need another shovel?

The eatery owner ejected her not only because they didn't believe in her politics, but niether do her patrons and felt leaving her and her family there's could have easily escalated into a larger situation...and BTW it appears their were some rules broken!!

In the wake of the incident, a debate as to whether or not the owner’s actions were justified blew up on social media. But according to the former Director of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics Walter Shaub, Sanders’ usage of her official Twitter account to air her personal grievances against a private business is a “clear violation” of ethics rules.

“Sarah, I know you don’t care even a tiny little bit about the ethics rules, but using your official account for this is a clear violation of 5 CFR 2635.702(a),” Shaub tweeted in response to Sanders. “It’s the same as if an ATF agent pulled out his badge when a restaurant tried to throw him/her out.”

14. A Cup Of Tea

then why would you do it yourself?
    and are you implying that I have called conservatives mindless sheep? Or should i be lumped up together with everyone with views you disagree with?

15. Namaste Jesus

Snarkiness aside... Me thinks tis quite the stretch, even for an Obama era appointee, openly critical of the President and his family to try to skew this as an ethics code violation.

“Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for @POTUS and I politely left,” Ms Sanders tweeted on Saturday.

“Her actions say far more about her than about me. I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so”.

Apprising your followers of an incident, quite eloquently I might add, is neither endorsement nor condemnation. In this case, merely confirmation of the waiters own post on FB regarding the incident. Be that as it may though, I'm sure the media will run with it, fueling even more left-wing righteous indignation toward the current administration. Just more left-wing media driven BS...

___________________________________________________________________________​

Not about you ACOT. My leftist sheep comment was about those, in this country, who just go along for the ride to take up the latest cause. In many cases, largely fueled by the media's negative portrayal of the right.

As for shoe being on the other foot. There's been an awful lot of Trump and right-wing bashing tolerated on this forum. There's even an entire thread dedicated to demeaning the actions of the President and his family. No one, including management has even batted an eye. Ah, but when some of that gets thrown back, it's another story. Again, not directed at you personally. Just an observation.

16. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

It is all in one thread for you behalf...you know, like the cat stuff in the cat thread...it allows me to not see cat videos in every section of the page..."mark all forums read" simple solution. You have any actual objection to anything posted over there...it is up for discussion. Nothing is getting thrown back at people here... You've made a post...we responded...you don't like how any one responded... happens to folks all the time.

It isn't Trump bashing when the man lies boldfaced and everyone knows it....we are embarrassed as a nation....the gop is embarrassed...past GOP prez and wives are embarrassed. His own team bites their tongue as long as they can and then runs away... and the fact that he has a huge support amongst racists, white nationalists, and nazis and his other supporters don't even say boo about it...that speaks volumes.

I've said plenty and will continue to say plenty against the stupidiy of the Dems, Obama, Clinton...and the plethora of mistakes I think they've made and continue to make. But Trump...OMG...and This woman and the bold face lies she puts to the press and the public...this is a case for the history books, forget Teapot Dome, we've never had an administration like this in our lives. Alt-right-delete

RJM Corbet likes this.
  17. Arif Ghamiq

Arif Ghamiq Active Member

I think many people are becoming too extreme. When I'm sitting in a restaurant I don't care about the politics, beliefs or lifestyles of the people sitting at other tables. She wasn't asking the restaurant to endorse Trump or support any belief or lifestyle - she just came to eat.

When I see people exposing the lies & corruption of the Trump Administration I'm on board, but I jump ship when those same people turn right around and start praising Democrats.

I'm glad to see Wil has plenty to say about the stupidity of the Democrats as well as the Red team, and yes - Trump is certainly historic.

Criticism of Trump & Republicans is often equated with being anti-American and anti-Religious. Criticism of Democrats is more often equated with being a Trump supporting Nazi.

I hope to see more denouncement of the whole Three Ring Crap Show!

RJM Corbet likes this.
  18. A Cup Of Tea

But I don't have a problem with bashing Trump or Obama or Sander or Hillery. Whether or not it was directed at me personally I am a liberal, and what I objected to was the automatic dismissal of their position. Why must their position be illegitimate? Can they have honest views that you disagree to such an extent that you can't even comprehend it?

That's how I feel about shopkeepers and clerks that refuse to serve homosexuals, or nurses that refuse to assist someone who want to abort their baby. I don't dismiss their position as conservative sheep. As Christian zealots. But as a section of society who's ideals are incomparable with other sections of society.

Portraying/assuming opposing ideas are illegitimate, fake or idiotic is just reinforcing the bubble we live in. Growing that canyon in our political discourse.

I don't expect you to act any different, I 'm not trying to debate the issue, I'm just depressed.

19. Namaste Jesus

I get what you're saying, but from where I sit, that's exactly what the left is doing to the right. Their position is being mocked, dismissed and ridiculed without the slightest consideration and how dare they retaliate. The media adds fuel to the fire by painting a negative picture of the least thing said.

More media driven BS today.

A former Trump campaign aide uses a very common, widely bantered about expression when refuting very inflammatory remarks made by a Fox news guest and the headline reads:

Ex-Trump Campaign Aide Hurls Racist Insult in Debate on Racism in the White House

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/74d445fc-10b5-3a04-99df-0a08aa343647/ex-trump-campaign-aide-hurls.html

Not one headline reading:

Fox News Guest Hurls Highly Insulting, Inflammatory Remarks at Former Trump Campaign Aide, Labeling Trump Supporters Racists, Nazis

20. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet God Feeds the Ravens Admin

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/74d445fc-10b5-3a04-99df-0a08aa343647/ex-trump-campaign-aide-hurls.html

As someone living in the UK I so dislike Trump and all he stands for. But the above is playing the victim card. Get a life. He was just using a common expression. He wasn't being RACIST ffs.

Throwing that woman out of that restaurant was WRONG. imo.

Ordinary people observe and understand this. Well, hopefully they do.

But it's also wrong to blame the press. It's not the 'left-wing liberal press' telling people what to think. People aren't that stupid. They just hate Trump, for many reasons -- if the 'left-wing press' was censored, they'd still hate him. Imo

Namaste Jesus likes this.