Church says.... "I'm sorry"

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by wil, Jul 3, 2018.

1. wil

wil UNeyeR1

2. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet God Feeds the Ravens

What is the difference between banning girls from wearing skirts at school (yes it's really happening in schools all over UK) to prevent causing gender confusion -- and making girls wear hijab?

3. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Is this misditection/red herring a challenge to determine how far off topic you can go on the first response to a thread?

Or did you mean to start a new thread?

RJM Corbet likes this.
  4. A Cup Of Tea

A Cup Of Tea An ordinary cup of tea

I liked the article, wil!
    Interesting topic, tho I disagree with either of them being inherently bad, and it was a very odd reply to this thread.

RJM Corbet likes this.
  5. wil

wil UNeyeR1

I got no problem discussing the topic...on its own thread to reduce confusion. Made one for ya, with a citation even.

https://www.interfaith.org/community/threads/18798/

6. LucyFur78

LucyFur78 New Member

Often times people (especially while part of a group) act stupidly, occasionally dangerously. This is one instance where a group of people chose to embrace their deeper humanity. It is truly touching that this particular group of people (in general) have previously been part of the problem. It takes tremendous courage and humility to admit that your group has been wrong and harmed others. It takes even more courage to do so publicly and to take the first step forward in love and acceptance. What a beautiful and encouraging moment to focus on!

As a member of the LGBTQ+ community, it means a lot to me that the world we live in is beginning to finally change (in a positive way.) There is light at the end of the tunnel and it doesn't appear to be coming from a freight train barreling down the tracks.