Prayers for Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Abrahamic Religions' started by Moses de Lyon, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Moses de Lyon

Moses de Lyon New Member

Can we all come together now and pray for those affected by the shooting at Pittsburgh synagogue ...

2. wil

wil UNeyeR1

Mass.shootings, continue to continue.

This one is particularly troubling, a German attacking Jews.

While prayers and compassion are needed for the community and families of the vuctims.

What we truly need is civilization.

3. Arif Ghamiq

Arif Ghamiq Active Member

Yes - we must abandon hostility, which encourages & leads to violence, and embrace civility.

StevePame and Moses de Lyon like this.
  4. Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine Junior Moderator, Intro

I haven't been back to Pittsburgh in decades, but this situation angers me.

Heck, it reminds me of the shooting in Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church a little over three years ago (nine people died there.)

All of this bigotry and hate has bubbled to the surface imho, and several synagogues have beefed up security or are asking for extra security around them.

Oh, and this is on top of the fooking bombs that were sent to several people/places by someone who has an imagined beef with the intended victims... I apologize for my rant here (please remove if I'm overstepping any bounds.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Just found out that the shooting took place in Squirrel Hill, an old stomping ground from the first 10 1/2 years of my life. My parents used to go pick up stuff from a combination butcher shop/deli and go a short distance to a bakery that made some of the best bagels and bialies (as well as challahs...)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  5. Cino

Cino Big Love

This is terrible news.

My thoughts are with the bereaved. May the memories of their loved ones be a blessing.

6. StevePame

StevePame Administrator Staff Member

Yes, us coming together is very much needed. And my thoughts and prayers go out to all those who suffered in this terrible tragedy.