Do you agree with gnostics, the unknowable/demiurge opposition

Discussion in 'Belief and Spirituality' started by Janbovich, May 23, 2019.

1. Janbovich

Janbovich New Member

I read a book by Jose Arragon, the "the forbidden religion".

http://www.theforbiddenreligion.com/the-black-and-white-lodges.htm

He says, that the official forces of the good (like "the white brotherhood,arch. Michael...) are false light and they serve the satanic demiurge.

Then, he says, there's so called "black order of the unknowable God" who are actually the real good/real light.

What do you think about this ?

2. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet God Feeds the Ravens

No. I don't buy all that stuff. At least I do, but it's all much too complicated. A person can spend their whole life in that sort of stufff -- 'The Knowledge' -- but it's all contained in Christ.

'The Knowledge' is a quest. It's the challenge -- it's there if you want to go after it, but Christ cuts the Gordon knot, imo.

Christ makes it simple enough for the guy who operates the stop/go sign on the roadworks, yet intrigues and mystifies the gteatest kings and thinkers all through history, imo.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  3. RJM Corbet

RJM Corbet God Feeds the Ravens

It may take 20 minutes to read everything

4. Ahanu

Ahanu Well-Known Member

Antimatter fire :cool:

5. Arif Ghamiq

Arif Ghamiq Active Member

I believe in a single Creator of everything and I believe the Abrahamic faiths are rooted in this monotheism.

The Church battled such Gnostic versions of Christianity with the Manichaens, Marcionites, the Bogomils and so on.

6. Cino

Cino Big Love

I think, if the black order of the unknowable god doesn't disappear like so many other upstart cults of its kind, it will gave the same issues as every other organization ever to emerge: abuses of power, betrayal of trust, corruption, denial...

Edited to add: It doesn't matter what color your robes are or which lofty level of existence you consider the ultimate essence of being, there's always going to be someone very distinctly human and mundane and recognizably yourself taking advantage of these your beliefs for their own purposes.

Come to terms with yourself, don't get stuck in complacency blaming others, unknowable gods or insane architects or murky conspiracies.

You were asking. I don't usually state this explicitly.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    RJM Corbet likes this.