Concept design for Shrine of Abdul-Baha unveiled....

Discussion in 'Baha'i' started by arthra, Sep 22, 2019.

1. arthra

arthra Baha'i

Abdul-Baha (1844 - 1921) was the eldest Son of Baha'u'llah and most of His life He endured imprisonment and exile with His Father. He was designated the Center of the Covenant and Designated Interpreter of His Father's Writings.

He was able to travel to Europe and North America 1911-1913 and correspond with Baha'is.
    For a brief history of the life of Abdul-Baha see:

`Abdu'l-Bahá - Wikipedia

Near the end of His life He lived in the Mansion of Bahji near Akka.

"‘Abdu’l-Baha had expressed His wish regarding where He should be buried,” explains Mr. Amanat, a distinguished Iranian-Canadian architect. “He had said to an early believer that if something should happen to Him and He should pass away, ‘Abdu’l-Baha wanted to be buried under the sands between Haifa and Akka, which He described as the pathway trodden by the loved ones and the pilgrims.”

"In a prayer composed by ‘Abdu’l-Baha, recited by visitors to His resting place, He expresses this supplication to God: “Make me as dust in the pathway of Thy loved ones.” This idea in the prayer is one of the organizing principles of the design.

Read more at

https://news.bahai.org/story/1353/
    The following slides represent the concept design of the Shrine of Abdul-Baha

https://news.bahai.org/story/1353/slideshow/5/

[​IMG]

"If the whole world should arise to deny this cause, we must not

2. Cino

Cino Big Love! (Atheist mystic)

What function, if any, will the shrine have, beyond the funerary memorial?

3. arthra

arthra Baha'i

When Abdul-Baha passed away in 1921 His body was interred in the Shrine of the Bab as it was available. Abdul-Baha had expressed a desire to be interred between Haifa and Akka. Read the text above in the opening post:

Abdu’l-Baha had expressed His wish regarding where He should be buried,” explains Mr. Amanat, a distinguished Iranian-Canadian architect. “He had said to an early believer that if something should happen to Him and He should pass away, ‘Abdu’l-Baha wanted to be buried under the sands between Haifa and Akka, which He described as the pathway trodden by the loved ones and the pilgrims.”

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019